Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just read Doug Ford is shutting Ontario down.
So how does that work?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This one seems to not be quite as restrictive, as December 2020.

I have my doubts that the kids will go back to school, after Spring break, which has already been postponed, form March to April 12th.

Betting all school will be on-line after the break.

Going to kill more, small, non essential businesses !

Restaurant dining closed again.

Salons, gyms n stuff like that, all closed.

Most retail businesses limited to 1/2 normal capacities.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What do you think, Paul, and anyone else?

Ontario shooting itself in the foot?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We spent 2 weeks every summer in Ontario as a family. It was great , the fishing, the people and the country was more than anyone could ask.
Then the B.S. started, gun laws, beer laws, the stupid taxes and the two fish limits put the end to our families travels.

After the spring bear season was ended, so was any interest from anyone I know from going to Canada, I can't see me ever going there again, Ontario can RIP as far sportsmen are concerned !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I don't think so. If Ontario was the only place that was facing a third wave, then I would consider it, but it is happening almost everywhere.

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..Approximatelt 35% of Canada's entire population is located in a small area there.

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on.

Sadly, some factions are blaming Premier Ford. Some say he's not doing enough. That's COVID fatigue talking IMO. He has repeatedly said he is following what the medical people are telling him.

So it goes with the rest of the world. COVID continues in the US, Europe and Asia.

If you want a conspiracy theory, here's one: COVID was the Illuminati's plan to reduce the numbers of people, weaken smaller competitors and make more money for the big guys. The anti-vaccers are making the Illuminati crowd rich! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So Steve, ya think my wife, and I would increase the population of the Kenora district enough to make a difference? laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That's funny, N Idaho has been completely open since last June, hardly anyone wears a mask now and our rates are lower than 50 per cent of the US. Last summer thousands of people flocked here from other states to experience normally. Have seen quite few Alberta, BC plates here the past few months shopping in our stores and in our bars and restaurants.

I see ground zero China has been completely open for months too

Good thing Canadian politicians are leading by example. lol what a schit show. Yep its the common working people's fault

OTTAWA -- Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister acknowledged he made an error after he and Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer were photographed at the Toronto Pearson airport Tuesday and neither was wearing a mask -- a clear violation of the airport's COVID-19 safety rules.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hajdu-maskless-airport-1.5777034

https://globalnews.ca/news/7551438/canadian-politicians-vacation-coronavirus/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/08/canada-coronavirus-travel-holiday-travel-scandals

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rcmp-mask-beard-policy-1.5739053

And the Brits too
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53346923

Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

I don't think so. If Ontario was the only place that was facing a third wave, then I would consider it, but it is happening almost everywhere.

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on.

Sadly, some factions are blaming Premier Ford. Some say he's not doing enough. That's COVID fatigue talking IMO. He has repeatedly said he is following what the medical people are telling him.

So it goes with the rest of the world. COVID continues in the US, Europe and Asia.

If you want a conspiracy theory, here's one: COVID was the Illuminati's plan to reduce the numbers of people, weaken smaller competitors and make more money for the big guys. The anti-vaccers are making the Illuminati crowd rich! laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
So Steve, ya think my wife, and I would increase the population of the Kenora district enough to make a difference? laugh

laugh Probably not.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Somebody does! laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just read that 153 million US citizens have got at least one shot so far, compared to Canada. That's about 47% of the population. The CDN govt is reporting 11.86% of our population have received at least one dose. In real numbers, that's about 4.5 million.

So, 47% in the US compared to 12% in Canada. Trudeau gets a failing grade.

Canadians vaccinated and other stats - https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

Americans vaccinated and other stats - https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Edited to add: For the math junkies.

30% of Americans have received ONLY one dose. (99.0 million)
10% of Canadians have received ONLY one dose. (3.7 million)

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There are a lot of people to whom getting drunk and having a party is more important than anything else and it is this group which is keeping the pandemic going in Canada. They are, quite simply, stupid. My aversion to the vacs is based as much on the fact that I won't crowd in with a bunch of stranger on the assurance that the shot I receive might protect me. If I stay away from people who are likely to be infected, I'm golden. The people with whom I do interact are also people who are not likely to attend a party full of strangers. When the big rush is over and I can get the shots at my leisure and at the specified timing put out by the manufacturers, I might go ahead. By that time, we might even know if this is going to be an ongoing thing or what. I maintain, if we are given factual information, I can make a decision which is right for me. As itis, the truth is awfully hard to come by. GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just looked the Blue Jays are play home games in Florida through May.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Canadians party Much more so than Americans. .We are good at it ,too.

In BC we have just had our worst day of the pandemic, Tuesday.. We have a fairly good case tracking, so they know where it's coming from. We have shut down, indoor dining, bars, gyms and hair salons. Those last three don't bother at all. chuckle. I do miss taking the wife out for dinner, drive thru is just not cutting it.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/01/21.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

You mean Canada has conspiracy theories too?!

Dang, and here I thought that was uniquely American......... whistle

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

You mean Canada has conspiracy theories too?!

Dang, and here I thought that was uniquely American......... whistle

Yes, there are a few up here who think there is some giant conspiracy. COVID was brewed up by the Illuminati. Trump won the election. Aliens ate their lunch. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well, as to the election, call me Mr Tinfoil if you please.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..Approximatelt 35% of Canada's entire population is located in a small area there.

C’mon, Steve. I don’t think you can lay this on the anti-mask folks. There are a scant few of them and I live near the epicentre of it here in Southern Ontario. In fact, in the past year I’ve seen exactly one guy not wearing a mask in a store (last week) and he was older, so he may have had a medical excuse, though he also had that “don’t give a crap” look. Who knows?

There is a third wave in most places (and a fourth in some), some with more extreme rules than we have. And the record of places who’ve let people live their lives (Texas, Florida, etc) is certainly no worse and, by some accounts, better.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I didn't just mention the anti-mask people. I also mentioned the anti-vaccers and anti-COVID folks. I also mentioned that many people are living in a small area.

You have to consider all these things when determining why the virus continues on.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ribka
That's funny, N Idaho has been completely open since last June, hardly anyone wears a mask now and our rates are lower than 50 per cent of the US. Last summer thousands of people flocked here from other states to experience normally. Have seen quite few Alberta, BC plates here the past few months shopping in our stores and in our bars and restaurants.

I see ground zero China has been completely open for months too

Good thing Canadian politicians are leading by example. lol what a schit show. Yep its the common working people's fault

OTTAWA -- Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister acknowledged he made an error after he and Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer were photographed at the Toronto Pearson airport Tuesday and neither was wearing a mask -- a clear violation of the airport's COVID-19 safety rules.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hajdu-maskless-airport-1.5777034

https://globalnews.ca/news/7551438/canadian-politicians-vacation-coronavirus/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/08/canada-coronavirus-travel-holiday-travel-scandals

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rcmp-mask-beard-policy-1.5739053

And the Brits too
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53346923

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..

Spot on...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I didn't just mention the anti-mask people. I also mentioned the anti-vaccers and anti-COVID folks. I also mentioned that many people are living in a small area.

You have to consider all these things when determining why the virus continues on.

Not sure how you can blame anti-vaxxers when the damned vaccine is not even available to anyone under 60 and, for those over 60, the clinic locations are all within those hot zones you pointed out. BTW, I know a nurse who’s husband is a respiratory therapist at 3 hospitals. Neither will get the vaccine, though my Paramedic buddy swears by it. I have my own reservations about it, but I will get it, later rather than sooner, simply because it’ll be necessary for my job and travel (business and personal).

AFA the anti-Covid folks, again, a minuscule number. And to suggest that they are causing a spike while buying the “peaceful protests” are “super-spreader” events (said no one ever) is ridiculous.

You missed 3 out of 3. Are you sure you understand this sport?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B their rhetoric, they seem the same group of people. The lack of uptake may mean the virus might continue as part of our lives.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't think you understand. I will repeat. It is a combination of factors.

You are allowed to believe what you want. The fact remains that the virus continues to propagate. Wear a mask. Stay away from others unless you have no choice. Stay home unless you have to go out for food, drugs or other necessities. Get the vaccine when it's offered.

I nailed all three. You don't seem to get it.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You are allowed to believe what you want. The fact remains that the virus continues to propagate. Wear a mask. Stay away from others unless you have no choice. Stay home unless you have to go out for food, drugs or other necessities. Get the vaccine when it's offered.

But your own leaders and the uber wealthy, whom you look to for guidance, don't even bother to wear a mask, social distance and follow these rules and its been over a year. They're laughing at you. Good thing Canada has a racist uneducated mediocre high school art Teacher who is well versed virology and pandemics and racist black face to lead your country out of this deadly pandemic. lmao

He isn't worse than Biden or Obama but close

Sure are a lot of Canadians escaping to America to flee facism this past winter. . My great grand parents settled in Saskatchewan as farmers over a 120 years ago and my great grandfather served in the the Calvary in the Canadian army in wwI . Bet he is spinning in his grave now up in Canada. Good thing there are still educated independent thinking non racist Canadians in the western provinces.

Last edited by ribka; 04/01/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your civics lessons were slept through. Canada like the USA is a federal state., meaning health care is provincial responsibility.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Not sure how you can blame anti-vaxxers when the damned vaccine is not even available to anyone under 60 and, for those over 60, the clinic locations are all within those hot zones you pointed out. BTW, I know a nurse who’s husband is a respiratory therapist at 3 hospitals. Neither will get the vaccine, though my Paramedic buddy swears by it. I have my own reservations about it, but I will get it, later rather than sooner, simply because it’ll be necessary for my job and travel (business and personal).

AFA the anti-Covid folks, again, a minuscule number. And to suggest that they are causing a spike while buying the “peaceful protests” are “super-spreader” events (said no one ever) is ridiculous.

You missed 3 out of 3. Are you sure you understand this sport?

Agreed

Another thing that is somewhat unique to COVID , is if you question the narrative at all, or think for yourself (even if you follow all protocol, get the vaccine when available) you are automatically a conspiracy theorist, or worse...

Last edited by Lorne; 04/01/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Your civics lessons were slept through. Canada like the USA is a federal state., meaning health care is provincial responsibility.

Do you have the stats of the deaths caused by the common flu in Canada from 2020 to 2021? Funny you have an uneducated racist and a facist running your country during the worst pandemic the past 100 years lol

The vaccines down here in Idaho have been available to everyone including children now. What a schitshow in Canada. That socialism and your free healthcare system is working wonderfully when incompetent uneducated bureaucrats run your healthcare in a pandemic. And you can thank Trump for your vaccines. lol

Last edited by ribka; 04/01/21.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They don't give a schit about the populace, they only care about the healthcare system being overrun.

BC is shut down too now, but the racist Government won't lock down the Communities that are overrun with the Chank flu, no, we all need to be down, and that is their idea and way of "inclusion"...

To include the ones with common sense with those without common sense = inclusion.

Dr Tam...LOL.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

So did Ontario research and put into production the moderna, Pfizer vaccines or was it Quebec? lol You should stick to maple syrup and hockey

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
😄 You can always tell when there's a full moon!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Or April first! Be Well, RZ.

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. Winston Churchill.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Plague is on the rise down on the Coastal area, not the interior, or not the same or even close, but the interior gets shut down too, that's bs.

They won't say, but the Chank flu is propagating at the Coast because....16 People live in one house, which is fine, but if 15 stay at home and one heads out for a normal routine, that's what we get.

School is ok, and its ok for some racial groups to get together, but ......no inside Church, only outside?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those ethnic groups are in the Fraser that I think you are referring to, not Coastal region. Coastal is being hit with the Brazilian variant, whereas Fraser, it's the UK variant. The province of BC is broken into health regions. Restrictions have been province wide mostly. In BC we have never really opened up as much as other provinces , nor have we closed down as much. Up until this third wave, it has worked.

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Most of the least restrictive in the US had better stats than the most restrictive. With a 99.6 survival rate to say the pandemic wasn’t overblown is ridiculous. Covering in fear does not get rid of the problem. Edk

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lockdown the region, not the entire Province is my point, whatever the health region is called matters little.
I have no fault with the ethnic groups who are spreaders, they make a great contribution, but lets just cut the BS.

BC is a large Province, why is a restaurant/bar in any small town down, ie Ft St John, Valemount, Cranbrook, because of a outbreak in the lower mainland??

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hey....they are only concerned with the healthcare system being overwhelmed, they don't care about you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Americans have had high levels of infection with the milder original COVID strain and a more extensive vaccination program, so opening up is less of gamble.

The new variants are a two fold problem. It only takes one in a household to catch it and the entire household gets it. And younger people are ending up in hospital and then into ICU. This is what Ontario is going through right now.

Healthcare systems means things like heart attacks and car accidents can still be treated.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
rationed, socialized medicine (or any good or service) is peachy, until you need a bunch of it in a hurry. i worked in toronto for 2 1/2 years. thankfully i had u.s. medical insurance and could go to the u.s. for any serious medical care.

my beloved maternal grandparents were humble, hardy, decent, true north, canadian scots. they would be aghast at what canada has become.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jstert
rationed, socialized medicine (or any good or service) is peachy, until you need a bunch of it in a hurry. i worked in toronto for 2 1/2 years. thankfully i had u.s. medical insurance and could go to the u.s. for any serious medical care.

my beloved maternal grandparents were humble, hardy, decent, true north, canadian scots. they would be aghast at what canada has become.

Exactly this^^^^^

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
So how does that work?

Another thread turns into a sheit show. laugh It reads like a bunch of grumpy old men.

PM me Richard if you would like additional information about what Ontario has done. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was told last summer the game wardens were riding in helicopters dropping on the lake writing tickets to people sitting closer than six feet apart.

Hard up for money with no Yanks about.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are you talking about Ontario? I never heard anything like that.

According to OPSEU, their union, there are about 180 COs for the entire province. I haven't heard of anything like ticketing from the air. I have heard that they do aerial surveys for animal migration and tagging though. Given our funding situation, I don't think it would pay for them to do enforcement unless they go out with the OPP.

COs - OPSEU

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As I said, don’t question the narrative

Shutting down is EXACTLY the right thing to do. Look how well it’s worked for the past 12 months 🤫.( sarcasm 😀)

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I guess an alternative would be to carry on as if nothing is happening, though I am not sure many would go that far.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
They occasionally do enforcement from the air hereabouts—it depends on how much flight time they have left in the budget after fire suppression. They certainty aren’t doing it this time of year. CO’s do enforcement of Game and Fish Act and Tresspassing Act. OPP travel with them frequently to enforce Liquor Laws.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing almost everyone can agree on is that if you don’t go around people carrying the virus, you won’t get it. That’s my working plan. So far, so good. Masks and even the shot can help, but nothing beats good old self-isolation, for those of us who are able.

No doubt, that will be declared racist; White Privilege at least.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kkahmann
They occasionally do enforcement from the air hereabouts—it depends on how much flight time they have left in the budget after fire suppression. They certainty aren’t doing it this time of year. CO’s do enforcement of Game and Fish Act and Tresspassing Act. OPP travel with them frequently to enforce Liquor Laws.

It makes sense that they would get as much time with the OPP as they can manage. They do it on the ground a lot during hunting season. Pairing up to keep an eye on both wildlife and highway infractions.

Originally Posted by Pappy348
One thing almost everyone can agree on is that if you don’t go around people carrying the virus, you won’t get it. That’s my working plan. So far, so good. Masks and even the shot can help, but nothing beats good old self-isolation, for those of us who are able.

I agree. You cannot catch it unless you expose yourself. I said to my wife yesterday that I was glad we never lived in a populated area. I cannot imagine living in a city. When you are crowded in with others, something's bound to happen.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up near D.C. Later, I worked in town for a few years, spending time in Gummint buildings like the new NASA and Ag buildings and even a bit in the Pentagon. Great experience, but live there? No way, Jose!

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

No doubt, that will be declared racist; White Privilege at least.

Agreed , most of it is common sense....which is not common 😉

Having said that not everyone can, for many reasons. Or want to for long

Agreed , living in a city , especially the past year, would be unbearable

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I think anyone with an IQ two points above plant life realizes by now that masks and lockdowns havent worked. There are a few places on the planet that did neither, and are doing as well or better than places that have.

The funny thing is when you come into the country you are required to take 3-covid tests. A good friend just went through it. They tell you when they give you the tests that a high number of them come back as a false positive. You are then informed that if that happens, you wont be allowed to self isolate at home. You are then required to go to a Government facility.....you know those great places Tucker Carlson talked about a week or so back.....

Anyway its just amazing to me how stupid some people are. They just dont have the critical thinking skills required to see that it doesnt make sense. In my experience most of these people have a long history of government employment so maybe they lost the ability to think for themselves??

The government is telling people that enter the country that the tests give a high number of false positives....yet when they get in front of a camera they talk about "cases" and tests like they are gospel. They are making decisions that are bankrupting businesses based on information they are getting from tests they know are faulty. Anyone should be smart enough to realize that if the tests are that inaccurate we, or the government, or the doctors have no idea how many people have covid. Its an impossibility.

As for the OP question.....yes Ontario is absolutely shooting itself in the foot.( as are many other parts of Canada) Dont believe me, talk to some of the bigger booking agents. I have.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Blaming certain groups of people for keeping this pandemic going doesn’t make sense to me. The reason it doesn’t make sense to me is because I’ve been lucky enough to keep working through all of this. Added protocols at work like mask wearing if closer than 6’ to others and answering an online symptom questionnaire daily. These things don’t stop people from sharing air at work everyday. The same people that wear masks when working side by side, still all sit together in lunchrooms eating food and drinking coffee without masks. Myself, wife, two sons, brother, etc, etc, etc,,, all still go to work 40+ hours a week with the same types of situations.
The reality is there are a lot of people in this country that still go to work and work with lots of other people. What would be the economic consequences if we didn’t?
According to some, I could be considered irresponsible if I socialize with anyone outside my household, but I can go to work where there are 100’s of employees and share air everyday.
The people I know that support all the control measures and like to blame groups of people for the pandemic, are either working from home and not losing any of their income or they are already on a fixed income and sitting at home staring at the TV.
How can you logically blame a group of people if you are also aware of all the essential work that is still going on.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/03/21.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve been lucky enough to be paid full wage to sit at home for the last year. I’m still getting work done, but normally I’m on the road 3 days a week. I’m going a bit stir-crazy here and, despite the full wage, it still affects my income because of other perks I get.

I’d happily go out on the road and simply avoid the hot spots, basically the whole Greater Toronto Area (GTA). There’s still a whole lot of Ontario that isn’t those two places. I’ve had the same thoughts since last April.

Plus, I live in a small city that has minuscule Covid numbers compared to the GTA, so my risk of taking it along with me is also minuscule.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Blaming certain groups of people for keeping this pandemic going doesn’t make sense to me. The reason it doesn’t make sense to me is because I’ve been lucky enough to keep working through all of this. Added protocols at work like mask wearing if closer than 6’ to others and answering an online symptom questionnaire daily. These things don’t stop people from sharing air at work everyday. The same people that wear masks when working side by side, still all sit together in lunchrooms eating food and drinking coffee without masks. Myself, wife, two sons, brother, etc, etc, etc,,, all still go to work 40+ hours a week with the same types of situations.
The reality is there are a lot of people in this country that still go to work and work with lots of other people. What would be the economic consequences if we didn’t?
According to some, I could be considered irresponsible if I socialize with anyone outside my household, but I can go to work where there are 100’s of employees and share air everyday.
The people I know that support all the control measures and like to blame groups of people for the pandemic, are either working from home and not losing any of their income or they are already on a fixed income and sitting at home staring at the TV.
How can you logically blame a group of people if you are also aware of all the essential work that is still going on.

The so called outbreak that has everyone panicking is in Surrey, figure it out.

That really isn't the point, its the lumping a massive area like the entire Province into lockdown because of an outbreak on the Coast, mainly Surrey. Lock the Coast down.
You don't see the logic there?

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by mod7rem

The so called outbreak that has everyone panicking is in Surrey, figure it out.

That really isn't the point, its the lumping a massive area like the entire Province into lockdown because of an outbreak on the Coast, mainly Surrey. Lock the Coast down.
You don't see the logic there?

I do see the logic there. Try to isolate specific outbreaks makes sense to me.
I guess my point wasn’t clear. What I meant by my post is Canada wide with people assuming that the pandemic is ongoing because of people being selfish or irresponsible and not following protocols. There are still cases happening through work sites where protocols are in place. It’s impossible for the country to still function and not have people share air in the process.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Steve. Honest question here. Have you taken haz mat responder classes?

And are you aware that SARs has been around a lot longer than 2019/2020 and that covid 19 is a form of SARs?

Last edited by rost495; 04/03/21.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The problem with isolated lockdowns is that the people from GTA leave and go to the rest of the province - cottage country, Niagara, Stratford, and spread it to those places.

I know when they relaxed the first lockdown they were doing that. I know one restaurant owner in Stratford who made people do online reservations to prove they were local. Then he’d check DL and if they were from Toronto he threw them out - nicely, but he threw them out.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Much is the fault of the governernts themselves. Many ,many times, the politicans get caught breaking their own rules. It tells me, that they are so arrogant that they condemn others what they do themselves, or they know its fake. Several on the states side have been caught with these comments while not knowing the cameras were running. If they would tell the truth there would not be so much distrust. They make us lockdown , and some have lost a life time trying to build a business, while I have yet to hear of a government worker loose a single paycheck. Not one . Teachers in Milwaukee still have not gone back but still get the same check. Anti depression meds were up 800% las summer. Suicides have been way up, domestic violence , alcohol, drug overdoses, and kids doing very poor in school . Milwaukee last year had a 92% increase in murder, and all the while , I cant figure out how it is any different than the SARS, Swine, Bird, and many other " pandemic". We didnt shut down anything at all in those cases. SWINE flu 12 yrs ago hit the kids more than anyone. The didnt even shut schools down, just made then stay home for 2 weeks. No mask, no business closing, no schools, and our church even had Sunday School every Sunday. We NEVER acted like this in ANY other pandemic. Why this one???? We had 60.8 million cases of the Swine Flu is the United States, that is twice as high as C19. .. ... .. ..... .. ...... .................... . . ......................... . . . . . And why is is called something much different than a flu this time????? In the end , there is not a single person that will not be exposed to C19. Not one. If you dont get it, it is cause your body is healthy enough to fight it off. There is no way to stop a virus. They are as small as 4 nanoometers. There are 25,400,000 nannometers in an inch. Most viruses are 1 millionth of an inch. It will go right through a mask. A respirator that stops asbestos will likely work but I never saw anyone wear one . A virus is so small , it can get in your eye lid when you blink, but noone is wearing goggles . If a mask really does stop C19, then why is there not a bio hazard box for them?, and why do I so so many masks laying all over the parking lot if there is a virus in it ? They should be arrested if they do that , shouldnt they?? /.. .... .. ..... .. . . And if it is so deadly, why do we go to the grocery store, and let shoppers , that no doubt are carrying the " deadly virus"?? They take food off the shelves, look at it and put it back on the shelves!!!! !!!!! Then they take their 20 cans and cereal boxes that they contaminated with the " deadly " virus, just to have the checkout girls put their hand on it while they swipe all the contaminated boxes and cans. !!!!! !!!!! . Then , with the checkout girls hiding behind a piece of plexi glass is told she is safe !! Just to have the checkout girls contaminate the next shopper with the virus on her hands and contaminatinf every product she touches all day long , going into hundreds of houses all over town.... ... But everyone is wearing a mask and cant figure out how this virus keeps getting around. If this really was a deadly virus, we can all agree , that the CDC , World Health Organization , every health department , failed so miserable that that are not to EVER BE TRUSTED AGAIN!!! A dear friend works in a health clinic. My friend saw some of the most discusting things they ever saw. Took calls of people that really were sick. Chest pains, dizziness, and many other problems that no doubt could turn into heart attacks, strokes, perhaps signs of cancer ETC. just to tell them they cant come in , and the doctors office was half empty cause they were waiting for this influx of Covid pandemic patience that never showed up. How many died because of that??? To make matters worse , that friend always got a 2% raise every year. Last year that friend got a 13% raise. Where did that money come from???? You know it was from the gov. giving money to them for every covid person... What else could it have been from???? I dont believe a thing the governemnt says about it. They are lying about whatever they need to lie about to cover themselves. In the end ,, the cure will be far worse than the disease...

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
And I know the last post was long. However , the vaccine is likely not going to do much cause after 2 yrs ,it is ,mixing on with other strains of viruses that have been floating around for years. That is why the flu shot is only 50% effective. .... .. . ... . And if the mask does stop a c19 virus cell, then stop touching your mask every 2 minutes. Your putting a virus on your hands and rubbing your eye lid too. I never saw anyone spray a door knob in a public rest room , and when they do , they spray it with a disinfectant . A disinfectant many times does not kill a virus. It kills germs, not viruses!! A farmer buddy I knew had calves dying so they sprayed disinfectant in the barn. The calves kept dying. They call a vet and the vet said it is a virus. They sprayed for viruses and the problem stopped after that. This CDC , WHO, Health departments , and governemnt agencies dont know what they are doing . They are clueless , or the whole thing is a scam.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Also
, masks can give you lung infections to make maters worse. I am done now. Have a great Easter !!! He has risen, death has lost it's victory and the grave has been denied!!!!

Last edited by ihookem; 04/03/21.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rost495

And are you aware that SARs has been around a lot longer than 2019/2020 and that covid 19 is a form of SARs?

Yes to both, when I was still in uniform and as a civilian weapons instructor.

I do not consider much of what I read on this site to be of value. The reason is that no one is qualified to speak definitively about the matter.

In short, most love to proselytize, but no one is credentialled.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

I do not consider much of what I read on this site to be of value. The reason is that no one is qualified to speak definitively about the matter.

Does this mean you come on this site to just share your own opinion?

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on

I shared my opinion that part of the reason this virus is going to keep spreading is that there’s millions of people in this country that still go to work everyday.

Premier Horgan made a comment this week telling 20-39 year old people in BC to “not blow this for the rest of us”. Does he think 20-39 year olds don’t go to work and can only catch or spread a virus by being irresponsible?
He got hammered pretty hard, deservedly, and walked it back.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
No. I come here to read and post, but believe very little of what I read. This site has changed markedly since 2001.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Funny, I recall an engineer that worked for me in Calgary, senior guy, that found the fact that my wife and I only used the turn signal in our automobiles when there was someone that needed to know.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
No. I come here to read and post, but believe very little of what I read. This site has changed markedly since 2001.

In an earlier post you said you dont find anything of value to read here. The obvious question to that is why do you come here then? Internet forums are much like hunting camps in the bush, you never know who or how qualified someone might be. My advice would be to keep an open mind and consider all angles, and guard yourself against those thoughts that you are the sharpest knife in the drawer.

There are a lot of very very qualified doctors and scientists who completely disagree with your assessment of the virus. So many in fact, that its becoming a tidal wave. This is something we have never seen before in medicine, and its quite obvious that the government along with MSM and big tech are censoring these people heavily. That alone should make anyone ask a few questions.

IMO this doctor does a great job of answering a lot of those questions.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hfzL...hZsgQvA48wFsfQh4NVe6ukTxDNqhjATzImw5jv_k

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I did not say that. I said,

...I do not consider much of what I read on this site to be of value. The reason is that no one is qualified to speak definitively about the matter.

I read and make a judgment.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Actually you did say exactly that

Neither are you ‘credentialed’ ,but you place a lot of value on your viewpoint and , it seems, very little on any one else

Keep an open mind is very good advice as per above.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, I did not. I said that I believe little of what I read here.

I always keep an open mind. I said,

If my mind was closed, I wouldn't bother reading. It seems that some people are ticked if I choose to make up my own mind.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So you do know then that if we actually thought covid was serious that cloth masks and using them and such over and over would get you covid or dead?

What I don't understand is that we act like its serious. Then make up all these fake things that THINK they help, when in fact they can 't, or could actually hurt.

Our government is lead in all this stupidity....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I put my trust in what the doctors are saying. covid continues to be a problem around the globe. I believe that people are fed up, and their nerves are wearing thin.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You kind Canuackshave a great Resurrection Sunday!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You as well, Richard!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I put my trust in what the doctors are saying. covid continues to be a problem around the globe. I believe that people are fed up, and their nerves are wearing thin.

Thats exactly what Al Gore said back in the 90's when people questioned his claim that the north pole would be ice free by 2013. He should have qualified his statement, as should you. You put your trust in what the doctors YOU AGREE WITH are saying. Those who disagree are automatically disregarded. It doesnt matter how qualified they might be.

Im sure you've read the "great barrington declaration" ?? Im sure you've heard about Americans frontline doctors alliance ??

Thousands of doctors from around the globe have now signed the barrington declaration, and the frontline doctors alliance has been at the forefront of this mess from the beginning. They are not a bunch of cowboys out to make the government look bad. They are highly educated board certified specialists.

Take some time and read the studies and clinical trials that have been done on Ivermectin. Then ask yourself why it isnt being given to everyone. Life could go back to normal in a week at a fraction of the cost we are paying for the vaccine...and ivermectin gives far better protection than the vaccine, and its obviously much safer. I already know you wont research it for yourself. You will continue to believe what the government and the MSM says. Thats just how some people are put together and thats fine, but you shouldnt try to belittle and bully others with a different opinion who have taken the time to form their own opinion.

I think its quite telling that an average of 50% of those in the medical profession are not taking the vaccine according to some reports.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Everyone puts their trust in the individuals or organizations that they believe. Naturally, we support those we trust. We would not have Liberal and Conservative supporters, or pro and anti gun people otherwise.

I said earlier that everyone is free to believe what they want. When discussing differing points of view, I think the exchange should be civil and evidence should be presented to support your argument. I appreciate that you do not rant or name call. That happens too often around here.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's telling that almost the whole Canuck hockey team has come down with it. In Vancouver the P-1 variant ,first discouvered in Brazil, is half the new cases. With the old variant one or two players would come down with it, and be side lined. By following the NHL protocols, hockey teams were avoiding COVID. From what they know about it, it spreads mostly in the 20-39 age group. It's 2 1/2 times more contagious. More of those that get it, get sicker, with tragic results. And they are younger. Women are getting it at a higher rate than the old variant. I don't think the BC shutdown is going to be strict enough.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/04/21. Reason: It's P-1 not B-1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
It's telling that almost the whole Canuck hockey team has come down with it. In Vancouver the B-1 variant ,first discouvered in Brazil, is half the new cases. With the old variant one or two players would come down with it, and be side lined. By following the NHL protocols, hockey team were avoiding COVID. From what they know about it, it spreads mostly in the 20-39 age group. It's 2 1/2 times more contagious. More of those that get it, get sicker, with tragic results. And they are younger. Women are getting it at a higher rate than the old variant. I don't think the BC shutdown is going to be strict enough.

A couple of questions, and I admit right from the start that I havent heard anything about the hockey team you are referencing.

The first question is how do we know the real numbers of who has what, when the tests are inaccurate ? Not only inaccurate, but according to our own government give a very high number of FALSE positives ? I think that question deserves a rational answer before we continue down the road we have been on that is devastating not only our economy, but also the health ( both mental and physical) of the people.

The next question is why should we believe stricter lockdowns will help when the data clearly shows that states with less restrictions fared just as well, and in some cases better than those that went over the top??

Then I would question the claim that the new variants are more deadly. I havent seen any data that shows that?? The statistical data on covid is now very clear. Without interventions of any kind, the survival rates of all age groups is over 98%. In hospitals where ivermectin is used, its even higher. Now that we have the clinical trials on ivermectin we know that covid deaths could have been reduced by 75% in the US alone. Think about those numbers and then with a straight face tell me Fauci and all the other government doctors should be believed. They were aware of the success doctors were having with it months ago and did nothing but marginalize them. Now that the results are undeniable, they still refuse to even mention ivermectin. Why??

The average age of those who have died from covid is 78.5 years old. Interestingly enough, the average life expectancy in the US is exactly the same 78.5

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's telling that almost the whole Canuck hockey team has come down with it. In Vancouver the P-1 variant ,first discouvered in Brazil, is half the new cases. With the old variant one or two players would come down with it, and be side lined. By following the NHL protocols, hockey teams were avoiding COVID. From what they know about it, it spreads mostly in the 20-39 age group. It's 2 1/2 times more contagious. More of those that get it, get sicker, with tragic results. And they are younger. Women are getting it at a higher rate than the old variant. I don't think the BC shutdown is going to be strict enough.

Obviously, someone fugged up, and was exposed to the Virus, came back and gave it to the entire team...essentially ruining the rest of the season for everyone, especially their fans.

It still isn't enough reason to shut down the entire Province. You can put 5-6 states into the size of BC.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
One thing I noticed about Pro Hockey games on TV—no fans at all in the stands—but every single coach on every hockey team has a mask on. I know some hockey coaches—some of them are real rebels.
I think they have been instructed upon pain of no pay check to wear those masks.
I hate the virtue signaling.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kkahmann
One thing I noticed about Pro Hockey games on TV—no fans at all in the stands—but every single coach on every hockey team has a mask on. I know some hockey coaches—some of them are real rebels.
I think they have been instructed upon pain of no pay check to wear those masks.
I hate the virtue signaling.

Yup, full blown virtue signaling. See how well it worked?
They could of cracked down on the spitting, I doubt there is a sport that has more spitter's than hockey lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It doesn't matter what you want to call it, shut down, lock down, circuit breaker, the idea is to limit the number of contacts. I don't see difficulty in understanding that concept. Fewer people you come in contact with, the less likely you are are to pick up or spread a virus. Since people don't all act responsibly , young people love partying, you have to make rules. I know my life would have been a whole lot different if I had been a nose to the grind stone type instead of a rangatang when I was young. I guess I can understand, .them.

In Ontario, they are dealing with the B.117 variant which is 50% or so more contagious . In BC it's both the B.117 and the P-1 , which is 2 1/2 (250%) times more contagious.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
It doesn't matter what you want to call it, shut down, lock down, circuit breaker, the idea is to limit the number of contacts. I don't see difficulty in understanding that concept. Fewer people you come in contact with, the less likely you are are to pick up or spread a virus. Since people don't all act responsibly , young people love partying, you have to make rules. I know my life would have been a whole lot different if I had been a nose to the grind stone type instead of a rangatang when I was young. I guess I can understand, .them.

In Ontario, they are dealing with the B.117 variant which is 50% or so more contagious . In BC it's both the B.117 and the P-1 , which is 2 1/2 (250%) times more contagious.

I have zero difficulty understanding the concept, I just dont agree with it. There is no evidence that the restrictions have helped. None. Some of the US states that had fewer restrictions are doing better than those that totally locked down. Then when you consider the multitude of problems the restrictions have caused and continue to cause, it makes even less sense. Literally thousands of medical doctors have been saying this for months now, its not just a bunch of right wing red necks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The bottom line is it should have never got out of China. They had it and knew about it long before it was made public. They put 8 doctors in jail for telling the authorities they were dealing with something they had never seen before. I was in Vancouver Airport March-2-2020. My flight was changed at the last minute. I waited in the airport for 7 hours and noticed almost all Asians were wearing masks. On the flight back to Regina a pregnant Asian woman sat alone across the asile from me. She was wearing a face shield and face mask. The media has made such a circus of this virus and vaccine you don't know what to believe. I will likely get the vaccine next year. Put your trust in Dr. Tam... lol. What a joke she is. I think Saskatchewan has done a good job of dealing with this crap. JMO

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mr Tam...lol

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
She ain't lookin' so good.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Personally, I expected it. People will disagree, but there is no conspiracy to put anyone into lockdown. Bill Gates isn't funding a COVID attack on the population. It's not aliens, the Chinese or the Liberals. It's a virus. I believe that people have not been paying attention and have caused the continuation of it by not doing what the doctors recommended.

The government is losing money in taxes and doling out assistance, so they are not the ones who did this, or wanted it. I realize this post will start some arguments, but I do not believe some unknown agency is out to get us. laugh

The third wave is happening all over the world - even where Bill Gates has no influence. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've got a friend in Ottawa who moved there from the Czech Republic 40+ years ago. He's so disgusted with Canada's COVID crap that he's moving back to the Czech Republic.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've got a friend in Ottawa who moved there from the Czech Republic 40+ years ago. He's so disgusted with Canada's COVID crap that he's moving back to the Czech Republic.

Your friend should perhaps visit https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ or one of the many other sites that document deaths so he can make a more informed decision.

The Czech Republic has 4.2 times the number of deaths per million as Canada does.

If he wants a video, here is one showing how the Czech Republic got to be the worlds worst country for Covid-19. The video is from March 16, 2021, and uses very recent data.

Wishing your friend the best no matter what he decides!

John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not feeling to good about our June fishing trip. But that is a minor inconvenience compared to what Canadians are going through. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife, and I have put a lot of time, and money into our place.
I'm disappointed we can't enjoy it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife is currently texting back and forth with some friends in Ottawa and Toronto.

I had her tell them that things are fairly back to normal in Kentucky. The only inconvenience we're experiencing currently is stepping over all the bodies.

Other than that,....we're good.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I am very disappointed (make that pissed) with the vaccine rollout by the Federal Government. Myself and the wife got the Pfiser shot on April 1 and were informed it will be 16 weeks when we will probably get a call up for the second shot. WTF!!

The Feds had virtually unlimited resources (money) to get this going and now it's 16 weeks to wait for the second shot when the Manufacturer's specs say it should be more like 3 weeks. Other countries seem to be doing much better with the vaccine roll out - especially the one to the South.

I sure hope the public remembers this when the election is finally called.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's the kind of stuff that happens when you make Fidel Castro's son the Prime Minister.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Steve, I must respectfully disagree. The continual mask and isolate mantra, here anyway, just hasn’t held up in the Blue states which closed everything down (Ca) suffering much worse in positive cases than say, Florida with high density urban centers along with very high numbers of the shuffle board, Velcro tennis shoe crowd.

Not only did Desantis of Florida take a completely different tact, the Leftist-media axis has taken a real issue and lied about almost everything associated with the COVID pandemic.

Plus, the mask-isolate mandate carried out maximally will cause untold economic, social, medical and educational ripple expenses far into the future.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Masks won't filter out something as microscopic as a virus.

Part of my lawnmower maintenance routine is to clean the caked on dry grass crud from the blades with a wire brush in an electric drill. It kicks up a lot of "green" dust. The N95 masks are supposed to be the ultimate disposable mask as for filtration ability.

I wear an N95 mask when I'm brushing the dried crud off the lawnmower blades and I still end up with green crud around my nose and upper lip.

A virus is much, much smaller than a grain of dust kicked up by a wire brush.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Steve, I must respectfully disagree. The continual mask and isolate mantra, here anyway, just hasn’t held up in the Blue states which closed everything down (Ca) suffering much worse in positive cases than say, Florida with high density urban centers along with very high numbers of the shuffle board, Velcro tennis shoe crowd.

Not only did Desantis of Florida take a completely different tact, the Leftist-media axis has taken a real issue and lied about almost everything associated with the COVID pandemic.

Plus, the mask-isolate mandate carried out maximally will cause untold economic, social, medical and educational ripple expenses far into the future.

Our medical people said that only certain masks were 95% effective. The idea of everyone wearing a mask is to reduce transmission. You exhale, spit or whatever into your mask. Whatever gets out is hopefly blocked by my mask and I don't get it.

The virus is all over the planet. A lot of the planet is into a 3rd wave. Distancing, masks, and staying away from others reduces the risk of transmission. It cannot stop it completely.

Several infectious disease mds have said that with the vaccines finally getting into people, the severity will drop markedly by early summer. They are not expecting a 4th wave.

I will continue to wear a mask if I am at the store. Consider it this way. It can't hurt.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Personally, I expected it. People will disagree, but there is no conspiracy to put anyone into lockdown. Bill Gates isn't funding a COVID attack on the population. It's not aliens, the Chinese or the Liberals. It's a virus. I believe that people have not been paying attention and have caused the continuation of it by not doing what the doctors recommended.

The government is losing money in taxes and doling out assistance, so they are not the ones who did this, or wanted it. I realize this post will start some arguments, but I do not believe some unknown agency is out to get us. laugh

The third wave is happening all over the world - even where Bill Gates has no influence. laugh

I don’t believe in the conspiracy’s either Steve, but I also have to disagree with your need to lay blame on any people or groups of people. Experts explain that the Exponential Growth dynamic of these highly infectious variants are not going to be stopped by partial measures. As long as we have a Province or country that is trying to remain functioning, the virus will spread, that’s just reality. Not because people aren’t paying attention. In BC it seems to be spreading in 20-39 year olds so Premier Horgan, and others, automatically assumes that this age group doesn’t care. But that’s also the age group that fills most of the jobs working with the public. These jobs expose them to more people daily than they could ever socialize with but for some reason it makes more sense to believe that these people are irresponsible.
The virus is spreading, even among people who are diligently wearing masks, washing their hands, and trying to maintain some distance from others.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/07/21.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

You are allowed to believe what you want. The fact remains that the virus continues to propagate. Wear a mask. Stay away from others unless you have no choice. Stay home unless it.

The mask/stay home/stay away from others mandates have been tried here for a year now. Still not working. Blame it on whoever/whatever you want.

It’s not working. What is going to change?

The mask/isolate mandate is already causing economic/social/medical problems. Huge problems

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There appears to be a reasonably strong correlation between COVID morbidity and obesity, so the “stay at home” strategy may actually be counter-productive compared with the approach of getting outside and exercising.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree with you for the most part, even that it wasn’t a deliberate release by the Chinese. However I’m also convinced that all the usual suspects are using it to promote all the usual Globalist/Liberal/Commie/Control Freak agendas. And stupid people are making it worse than it has to be. There’s a post in the top forum about a guy’s girlfriend that made him and his son sick, but refuses to quarantine, and is planning on getting on a plane for Vegas this weekend. That’s beyond stupid, criminal really.

What fresh Hell is this?
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I watched a news broadcast the other day on a small local station out of Seattle. They had a couple of doctors on and were asking them questions about covid. Both doctors talked about how effective ivermectin is, and how vitamin D could have prevented up to 90% of covid deaths. Their concern was that the government doctors in both the US and Canada are not educating the public about vitamin D, or using ivermectin as a preventative therapy.

I knew about ivermectin. Its gone through clinical trials now. Science has proven it works. Thats not even debatable now. It actually offers better protection than the vaccine, and is effective even when someone has a severe case of covid. Then I hear about vitamin D, and it could prevent up to 90% of all covid deaths. Think about that number for a second. Is it true?? Well from the little bit of research I have done, it seems some very good doctors believe it is. So the question I have is how come Fauci, Tam, and regional health officials across the country are not on every news station telling the public about it?? Why are they refusing to use ivermectin on a large scale ?? Other countries have and are with great results. Somethings not right with the whole mess and it stinks to high heaven. Anyone who blindly trusts these people is not paying attention.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/vita...could-counter-coronavirus-effects-report

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A healthy coworker of my nephew in his 60's got the shot and he is currently in ICU because of it. That's why I'm waiting until next year to decide if I want someone poking me. H1N1, SARS, Covid. Thanks China. And a big thank you to Dr. Tam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yukon254
I watched a news broadcast the other day on a small local station out of Seattle. They had a couple of doctors on and were asking them questions about covid. Both doctors talked about how effective ivermectin is, and how vitamin D could have prevented up to 90% of covid deaths. Their concern was that the government doctors in both the US and Canada are not educating the public about vitamin D, or using ivermectin as a preventative therapy.

I knew about ivermectin. Its gone through clinical trials now. Science has proven it works. Thats not even debatable now. It actually offers better protection than the vaccine, and is effective even when someone has a severe case of covid. Then I hear about vitamin D, and it could prevent up to 90% of all covid deaths. Think about that number for a second. Is it true?? Well from the little bit of research I have done, it seems some very good doctors believe it is. So the question I have is how come Fauci, Tam, and regional health officials across the country are not on every news station telling the public about it?? Why are they refusing to use ivermectin on a large scale ?? Other countries have and are with great results. Somethings not right with the whole mess and it stinks to high heaven. Anyone who blindly trusts these people is not paying attention.

I have yet to see any references about using ivermectin to prevent COVID, only as a treatment. I did see a lot about possible side-effects and drug interactions, plus warnings about differences between versions for humans and animals. The dosage that affected the virus in lab tests was massive.

Do you have a source that recommends that use?

As for Vitamin D, and possibly others, the fact that those with deficiencies are at greater risk of death doesn’t mean that massive dosages over time is any magic bullet. Once normal levels are achieved, continuing to take large amounts is questionable. How long were we bombarded with propaganda on Vitamin C and E, then suddenly they backed off on it? Eat well and exercise, don’t smoke, don’t drink too much, and your chances of staying alive longer go up in general, but you can’t swallow good health from a pill bottle.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saskfox
A healthy coworker of my nephew in his 60's got the shot and he is currently in ICU because of it. That's why I'm waiting until next year to decide if I want someone poking me. H1N1, SARS, Covid. Thanks China. And a big thank you to Dr. Tam.

Do you know which one? They ask you a lot of questions before they stick you to avoid known risk factors. My risk was low, and while I was a little sick for about a day after the second one, it was no big deal, just a good excuse to ride the couch. Better than a good honkin’ case of the Plague for sure. Acceptable risk for a likely, but not certain, benefit.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was a little sick for about a day after the second one, it was no big deal, just a good excuse to ride the couch...

Haha, people I know have said the same about their experience having COVID.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to be a wide range of experiences, for certain, including the walking “sick” that don’t even know they have it. More reason to stay away from strangers, not that I need any😛.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More on the Canucks. I seems a player went out for dinner, which was still allowed in BC with capacity restrictions and plexiglass screens and caught the variant version. With our slow sequencing tests, they don't know if it is the P-1. It is highly likely. It is the assumption everybody is making, including the team doctor .It spread through the whole team to the point where it's easier to name the couple of player who don't have it. There is no way the team can play any more games this year , throwing the whole schedule into shambles.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Seems to be a wide range of experiences, for certain, including the walking “sick” that don’t even know they have it. More reason to stay away from strangers, not that I need any😛.

I think a lot of the negative reaction to the shots is fear of being vaccinated. Jabbing a needle into your arm.

I don't know how many people here remember the days before single use needles, but there were some painful moments. I had a couple of relatives who were insulin dependent diabetics. Their kitchens looked medieval. Large diameter, reusable needles, a toolkit to sharpen the needles. Strange looking trays and a thing that reminded me of the barber shop.

My uncle kept syringes in a similar container full of alcohol (not the blue barber shop disinfectant). laugh

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

I had my first shot about a month ago. No pain, swelling or bad reaction. It was the AstraZeneca vaccine. The one that the scare mongers tout as a killer vaccine. laugh The last I read, there were 18 million doses of it injected into UK citizens and the news said about 30 people, mostly, or all women under 40, got blood clots. Is that acceptable? Perhaps not if you were one of the 30, but the risk is negligible.

This was a release from the company that makes AstraZeneca. They cannot lie about the numbers because the clots were reported from hospitals and vetted through national and regional medical offices. I am posting this for the Canadians who have either received AZ or might be getting it. In Canada, persons 55 and older are approved for it.

AZ Stats

Keep smiling!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

I have yet to see any references about using ivermectin to prevent COVID, only as a treatment. I did see a lot about possible side-effects and drug interactions, plus warnings about differences between versions for humans and animals. The dosage that affected the virus in lab tests was massive.

Do you have a source that recommends that use?

As for Vitamin D, and possibly others, the fact that those with deficiencies are at greater risk of death doesn’t mean that massive dosages over time is any magic bullet. Once normal levels are achieved, continuing to take large amounts is questionable. How long were we bombarded with propaganda on Vitamin C and E, then suddenly they backed off on it? Eat well and exercise, don’t smoke, don’t drink too much, and your chances of staying alive longer go up in general, but you can’t swallow good health from a pill bottle.

Im not surprised you havent seen references about ivermectin being used to prevent covid. The MSM has been censoring any information on it. Dr Kory testified before the senate about its use. Look around and you can find the video somewhere although Youtube axed it. Dr Kory, isnt a quack. He's a board certified specialist. He has the data to back up his statements, and gave the senate that data. Here's a place to start.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-pierre-kory-youtube-ivermectin-covid-treatment

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Here's the video. Only two conclusions can be drawn from this video.....either this doctor and his colleagues are quacks, or he is right. If he's right, then why is the media and the government censoring this info??? Real questions.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4930...ate-hearing-ivermectin-100-cure-covid-19

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And here we are, 5 months later, and no further along as far as I know.

Not Invented Here

Thanks. That’s good stuff.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did not say that. I said,

...I do not consider much of what I read on this site to be of value. The reason is that no one is qualified to speak definitively about the matter.

Based holey on what exactly ?

Other than your self importance, of course.

You'd do well, to take your initial advise !

Rid yourself of your hateful arrogance & narcissism, it'll make you feel better & probably help your interactions with people, be more positive !

Good luck.

Paul.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have issues, man.

[Linked Image from iwritetheblogggs.files.wordpress.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I hope people come to their senses and start taking the pandemic seriously. I don't want have to go through another year of this. I find it draining, fatiguing and generally demoralizing.

Do the right thing - Wear the damn mask, vaccinate and social distance - It's not a big ask.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I agree!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, what would it hurt for my wife, and I to come to Ontario, fish, and follow all the guidelines you Ontario folks are?

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
There is nothing wrong or unreasonable Richard about what you ask. However the Canadian Government is a monolith that has a procedure it must go thru—it took almost a year to put in a few rules on air travel and will take as long to allow non-resident land owners to visit their property.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
So, what would it hurt for my wife, and I to come to Ontario, fish, and follow all the guidelines you Ontario folks are?

I am watching a CBC report about opening the border. The short of it is, not soon.

The exact words from Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, were late spring, early summer for domestic (within Canada) travel. No approximate time frame for Canada/US travel. 😐

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by PSE
I hope people come to their senses and start taking the pandemic seriously. I don't want have to go through another year of this. I find it draining, fatiguing and generally demoralizing.

Do the right thing - Wear the damn mask, vaccinate and social distance - It's not a big ask.

I dont think any of us want to go through this for another year. How is masks and vaccinations going to change anything? Even after you get vaccinated you still have to wear a mask, social distance, and not travel. And it is a big ask to tell people to get an unproven vaccine when nothing is going to change anyway. Dont even go down the road that this vaccine is proven because it isnt. Up to 50% of health care professionals are refusing it. That should tell you something. Maybe it will be the best vaccine ever, but we dont know that yet. Animal trials were skipped completely.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

I am watching a CBC report about opening the border. The short of it is, not soon.

The exact words from Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, were late spring, early summer for domestic (within Canada) travel. No approximate time frame for Canada/US travel. 😐

CBC must have missed the memo. Higgens is saying they are working on it now and expects some travel between canada / us allowed by July.

Within Canada travel is allowed now. A friend just got back from Ont. yesterday.

Last edited by yukon254; 04/08/21.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by PSE

People just need to OBEY!,...and everything gonna be okay.

OBEY!,....okay?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

CBC must have missed the memo. Higgens is saying they are working on it now and expects some travel between canada / us allowed by July.

Within Canada travel is allowed now. A friend just got back from Ont.

WRT international travel, they are working on it, but no guarantees. July is three months away. WRT domestic travel, there are restrictions. This is what they were talking about.

Whether you drive or fly, if you travel within Canada, without having been out of the country, there are no federal travel requirements, but there may be provincial or territorial rules and restrictions.

Check the provincial or territorial requirements
Go to the province or territory website of your final destination for restrictions and quarantine requirements.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/provinces

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
“ I think a lot of the negative reaction to the shots is fear of being vaccinated. Jabbing a needle into your arm.”

You make a lot of bull spit assumptions.

Try twice weekly blood draws for a blood disorder - caused by the flu - which I faithfully get the shot every year. Plus I self-inject every 10 days.

I went fishing with my buddy today. We missed the entire spring season last year due to the first lockdown. Not happening again.

Besides, with 13’ float rods, we were twice the required social distance. And they’re letting gold courses stay open, so why not? Plus, neither of us live in the high-risk areas of Toronto, Peel and Hamilton.

#tiredoftheBS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is you. I am sorry to hear of your situation, but I still believe that a lot of it is being scared. Fear of needles. Fear about AZ, and whatever the anti-vaccers are worried about.

Since you wish to share your situation, I will share mine. I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and take 5 to 7 needles a day. And get all the requisite tests.

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Oh...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not anti vaccine. My thoughts are it's not proven and has been too rushed. Again I will wait for my shot. I live on a farm and don't have much contact with people other than my family. I hated going to the city long before Covid. I don't know anyone who has had it. Thanks China. Thanks Dr. Tam.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PSE

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXbg8jNXsAg9ORT.jpg

Yass sah massah; I B a gud slave! (C’mon man!)

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That is you. I am sorry to hear of your situation, but I still believe that a lot of it is being scared. Fear of needles. Fear about AZ, and whatever the anti-vaccers are worried about.

Since you wish to share your situation, I will share mine. I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and take 5 to 7 needles a day. And get all the requisite tests.

Oh...

I find it interesting that anyone that raises questions or discuss IF current procedures are effective are automatically anti vaxxers.

I find nothing wrong with people asking questions and actually thinking for themselves.

Just because their opinions and conclusions may ( or may not) be different than yours they are anti vaxxers or conspiracy theorists.

Fear of needles? BS

Concern for the health of themselves and their families? Normal to me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have said this before, but it bears repeating: think what you want, but do not enter a conversation and expect everyone will agree with you. Like others, I am allowed my opinion.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Oh...

I think this is quite a bit of projection on your part. You want everyone else to Obey! due to your own fears. Instead of going to the range every day, why don’t you stay home, order your groceries delivered and let everyone else get on with their lives?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think you have problems. Is no one talking to you?

I suggest you stay home and hide in the basement instead of whining about your blood test.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So how does that work?

When you cross the border or boundaries, there is a big sign stating " CLOSED FOR BUSINESS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, BY ORDER OF COMRADE fORD" post script ( Drug Trade Exception) eh?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Oh...

I think this^ explains a lot. You are obviously among those at highest risk. Im not anti vaccine at all, I just dont trust this one yet. You can say whatever you want, but none of the covid vaccines went through the normal process and there is no way to know the long term effects. To the vast majority of us the risk of covid isnt any worse than the flu, so the risk/reward just isnt there. New studies in multiple countries are showing that up to 50% of the population has immunity to the covid virus. Even people who havent had it. Their immunity is coming from the common cold according to scientists.

On another note, if I were you, I would go to Paleomedicina website, and I would read everything they have on your condition. Lots of studies over the last decade. Some of it will take you to John Hopkins, and some of the work being done there, as well as many other institutions. The right diet can do wonders for people with your condition. Go into it with an open mind, and follow the science. Literally thousands of doctors all over the world are taking notice of what that clinic in Hungary has proven. Before you just dismiss it, ask yourself, what do you have to lose

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think you have problems. Is no one talking to you?

I suggest you stay home and hide in the basement instead of whining about your blood test.

Per yesterday, when 13 people disagree with you, it's highly probable that you are the problem, not everybody else !

wink

Paul.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don't read into it, Yukon. My father was a pharmacist and I have faith in the medical community. My being diabetic has nothing to do with my belief in getting vaccinated and following protocols.

I will leave it to the infectious disease specialists to carry on their work.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Don't read into it, Yukon. My father was a pharmacist and I have faith in the medical community. My being diabetic has nothing to do with my belief in getting vaccinated and following protocols.

I will leave it to the infectious disease specialists to carry on their work.

Which infectious disease specialists ??

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have said this before, but it bears repeating: think what you want, but do not enter a conversation and expect everyone will agree with you. Like others, I am allowed my opinion.

Steve,

I write this post in good faith. I do not think anyone here takes exception to you having an opinion that differs from their own. I think what people have a problem with is when somebody disagrees with you, you tend to start with ad hominem attacks and condescension, and that rubs people the wrong way. Statements like “sshhhh”, “you have a problem”, “go take your meds”, etc., are belittling insults that indicate that you may expect that everyone should agree with you, and when they don’t you get offended/passive aggressive.

You are allowed your opinion on any given topic, but so is everybody else and there is no need to belittle, condescend, insult, etc. There are several people in this thread that I’ve never seen have conflict with anyone on this site, except with you. The purpose of this post is not to insult or argue with you, but simply to point out a trend that others have mentioned, for your consideration. We’re all here for enjoyment, and would all do well (you, included) to take the libertarian approach described in your post quoted above.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I only do that with people who feel that they must attack or insult from the get-go. I suggest that you read through this thread and you will see what I mean.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've had Canadians try to pick a "fight", with me, just because I'm an American when I've been in Canada.

I tell them two things. I did not drive 600 miles to get into a disagreement.

The US government does not ask me what it should do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good morning to you Jordan,

Pure eloquence personified !

Hope you have a great weekend Mate.

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you, Paul. I hope you have a great weekend, as well!

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H

Oh my God... talk about the quintessential "pot calling the kettle black!"

You honestly don't see it???

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've had Canadians try to pick a "fight", with me, just because I'm an American when I've been in Canada.

I tell them two things. I did not drive 600 miles to get into a disagreement.

The US government does not ask me what it should do.

Very true. You and I have discussed how some people carry on with others - especially in the top forum. laugh It happens across the board though. I put them on ignore.

Keep smiling!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Steve,

I write this post in good faith. I do not think anyone here takes exception to you having an opinion that differs from their own. I think what people have a problem with is when somebody disagrees with you, you tend to start with ad hominem attacks and condescension, and that rubs people the wrong way. Statements like “sshhhh”, “you have a problem”, “go take your meds”, etc., are belittling insults that indicate that you may expect that everyone should agree with you, and when they don’t you get offended/passive aggressive.

You are allowed your opinion on any given topic, but so is everybody else and there is no need to belittle, condescend, insult, etc. There are several people in this thread that I’ve never seen have conflict with anyone on this site, except with you. The purpose of this post is not to insult or argue with you, but simply to point out a trend that others have mentioned, for your consideration. We’re all here for enjoyment, and would all do well (you, included) to take the libertarian approach described in your post quoted above.

Very good points JS. Insults are never OK in my opinion. I've seen some posts that were down right childish. Respect is a fragile thing.

For me, I respect everyones choice when it comes to the vaccination, and expect the same in return. Those that believe people who dont get vaccinated are a danger to the rest of the population, simply havent been paying attention. I read this some weeks ago, and it had a big influence on my decision.

“The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 16 years of age and older. The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner.”

A former Chief Science Officer and Vice President for Pfizer, Dr. Mike Yeadon, agrees that the general administration of the experimental vaccines goes far beyond the scope of the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), and may indeed be a violation of the Nuremburg Code.

Former Chief Science Officer and Vice President for Pfizer, Dr. Mike Yeadon, says DO NOT take the vaccine

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

you should do stand up. No wonder Canada is experiencing so many problems with your types ( like the incompetent mediocre art teacher, low IQ govt bureaucrats ) running the Covid response from the eastern provinces. Maybe take some of that energy devoted to shutting oil down and gear it towards a science based covid response.

Interesting if the people in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Yukon , BC, who are used to solving every day complex problems working in the oil fields, farms, mining, timber, were allowed to direct their own covid response without meddling from incompetent petty govt bureaucrats.

Are the govt officials in the eastern provinces running the vaccine programs still going on vacations out of country and violating Canada's travel bans? laugh

Last edited by ribka; 04/09/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bingo.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Absolutely

Also take your own advice

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Steve,

Jordan , you said it perfectly

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka

you should do stand up. No wonder Canada is experiencing so many problems with your types ( like the incompetent mediocre art teacher, low IQ govt bureaucrats ) running the Covid response from the eastern provinces. Maybe take some of that energy devoted to shutting oil down and gear it towards a science based covid response.

Interesting if the people in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Yukon , BC, who are used to solving every day complex problems working in the oil fields, farms, mining, timber, were allowed to direct their own covid response without meddling from incompetent petty govt bureaucrats.

Are the govt officials in the eastern provinces running the vaccine programs still going on vacations out of country and violating Canada's travel bans? laugh

Big Red Fella,

I agree with everything you reference here, except ............................

It's not Steve's fault ..................................

Also, pointing out our "lacking" Government & their entitlement, while failing to cite the same, your side off the "river", is not fair.

Have a beaut weekend Mr !

Hoping for ice out here & getting the boat in the water, before Walleye season closes, for spawning on the 15th.

Paul.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Something else for some of you. You have to follow the link.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2176844

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Video didn’t show.

But I have to ask you - you’re trusting the media? After they serial lies they continue to get caught in?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Link changed. Hopefully, it will work now.

I trust the media for the most part. It depends on the subject. In the case of the video, an infectious disease specialist expressed his views on lockdowns and COVID.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Admittedly, I stole this from someone at another site but since you're posting links and trusting the media about Covid, you probably won't believe this.

the Guardian – 17 Dec 20

NHS hospitals running out of beds as Covid cases continue to surge
Hospitals in England had to divert patients 44 times last week – the highest number for four years

Article a few weeks ago about how the hospitals were overwhelmed because of COVID. Written by reporter Denis Campbell.

Articles from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 about how hospitals are overwhelmed (of note is the fun fact that 6 of the 8 scare articles about how hospitals are overwhelmed are by the same Denis Campbell).

Also let’s not forget we’ve seen coverage from Ontario in the past about hospitals in the GTA supposedly being completely overwhelmed. Here’s one from 2019 and it says it’s a year-over-year problem.

People lining the hallways! Stacked up like cordwood! Oh My The Humanity!!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...ke-general-hallway-health-care-1.5339511

2 major GTA hospitals ran at more than 100% capacity in first half of 2019 |…
Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital operated at more than 100 per cent capacity throughout the first half the year, data obtained by the province’s Official Opposition reveals.

“… many hospitals across the province of Ontario are operating at more than 100 per cent capacity. But this has been happening for a number of years, ” [Health Minister Christine] Elliott said in response to [NDP Leader Andrea] Horwath’s questioning.
In April [2019], for example, both hospitals had an occupancy rate of 106 per cent for medical and surgical beds, while their emergency departments ran at 104 per cent and 106 per cent , respectively.
And here are some similar scaremongerings from AB and around Canada. 100%, more than 100%, 140%, etc. Same numbers, different year.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...tretched-covid-case-rates-drop-1.5884226

Intensive care units routinely double bunking, transferring COVID-19 patients…
Calgary’s intensive care units remain under intense pressure as overall COVID-19 case counts, transmission rates and hospitalization numbers drop.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/healt...-by-flu-and-norovirus-patients-1.1108376

Hospitals overwhelmed by flu and norovirus patients
As both the flu and the stomach infection nororvirus sweep across Canada, hospitals all over the country say they are being pushed to the limit.

In Edmonton and Calgary, the spike of influenza, influenza-like illness and gastrointestinal infections have put hospitals over maximum capacity. Many Edmonton hospitals are operating at more than 100 per cent… Calgary, occupancy is above 100 per cent in major hospitals and over 100 per cent on certain medical units.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Why wouldn't I believe this?

I don't know about Britain's hospitals, but the first picture is about overcrowding with the UK's National Health Service.

The rest are about problems with hospitals and overcrowding in Canada. Not all the reports are current. Regardless, it makes sense, given that sickness, accidents and other medical problems occur that are not COVID related, but still put people in hospitals.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the news this morning it was being reported that some limits are to be applied on the number of elective surgeries to be done. Apparently this is tied to
the limited number of recovery beds available.

Jim

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The point is, we’re being told that Covid has put ICU’s at capacity and the sky is falling.

We’ve been hearing every year for many years that ICU’s are at capacity and the sky is falling. Which means, it’s business as usual, Covid or no.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can attest to hospitals being at or near capacity. A year ago January, my wife had to go in for throat surgery. She was booked into the hospital in Owen Sound, which is over 100 km away from where we live. I stayed at a hotel while she was there and every afternoon they made an announcement over the PA that the hospital was at capacity. This was before COVID struck.

It is reasonable to say that Ontario needs to spend money on more and larger hospitals. Unfortunately, money will be tight, given the COVID thing. There will be more private fund raising campaigns, I think.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To all: Interesting statistical article today in American Thinker concerning the more restrictive mask-mandate states vs states leaving it voluntary. I’m taking it at face value only because everything else I’ve read in the last nine months mirrors this rather than contradicts it. I cannot imagine how Canada would be significantly different.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ctive_how_much_more_data_do_we_need.html

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks George,masks are not 100%.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

To all: Interesting statistical article today in American Thinker concerning the more restrictive mask-mandate states vs states leaving it voluntary. I’m taking it at face value only because everything else I’ve read in the last nine months mirrors this rather than contradicts it. I cannot imagine how Canada would be significantly different.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ctive_how_much_more_data_do_we_need.html

Interesting article. The sad thing is that this information has been out there for months now, but if you mention it you are automatically labeled an anti vaxing nut. Common sense should prevail on the mask issue, but it doesnt. Anyone who has been taught how to wear a mask properly, including how its taken on and off, can walk down any street and see how ridiculous the whole thing is. People are touching their face more because the masks makes their face itch, they are not wearing them properly, they wear the same mask over and over again, and dont realize that moisture from their breath ruins any protection the mask may have, which in reality isnt much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, all you have to do is observe people to see how ludicrous it all is. And then there is the evidence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For instance, the NE (Vermont or New Hampshire) track coach on Tucker last night, fired because he told his kids how ridiculous the school’s rules were. They were expected to run their races masked up. Singles tennis players too.

You couldn’t make it up..and now you don’t have to.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Interesting article. The sad thing is that this information has been out there for months now, but if you mention it you are automatically labeled an anti vaxing nut. Common sense should prevail on the mask issue, but it doesnt. Anyone who has been taught how to wear a mask properly, including how its taken on and off, can walk down any street and see how ridiculous the whole thing is. People are touching their face more because the masks makes their face itch, they are not wearing them properly, they wear the same mask over and over again, and dont realize that moisture from their breath ruins any protection the mask may have, which in reality isnt much.

Yes I have pointed out to many that 90%, or more of the mask wearers could wipe their butt with their mask, the way they way they approach it. I’ve been called a lot worse 😁. Of course if they ask why and you explain it you get something like “ well if it didn’t help ‘they’ would not have us do it” ........I fear for our country

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Well this is not going to make it any better in Ontario. The lack of flight restrictions from India will have this new variant in Ontario quickly. Once again the inaction by Health Canada based on information that they have access to from another country is truly astounding. The last paragraph with "no comment by the Health Minister" is not new and would be expected (living up to low expectations).

India's variant-fuelled second wave coincided with spike in infected flights landing in Canada

Health Canada Statement -- "A statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) says they’re aware of B.1.617, classifying it as a ‘variant of interest.’ “Before a variant of interest is considered one of concern, scientists and public health professionals must determine if the mutations result in an actual change in the behavior of the virus, such as making them spread more easily, increased disease severity or impacting vaccine effectiveness,” the statement read."

https://nationalpost.com/news/local...wcm/9232e5ba-c845-487a-bbf6-0aa6acdcdba8

Hugh
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If Will Rogers would have been a Canadian today, he might say.

"We can be glad we are not getting all the government we are paying for."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I only do that with people who feel that they must attack or insult from the get-go. I suggest that you read through this thread and you will see what I mean.

I took you at your word and read through...verdict...you are a controlling prick that cannot stand anyone disagreeing with you.

I am very pleased you are not anywhere near me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ain't you a sweetie. 😂

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ain't you a sweetie. 😂

Aren't I just...and you are welcome to get off your decrepit snide diabetic arse and do something about it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
😂

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My,My,My.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I took you at your word and read through...verdict...you are a controlling prick that cannot stand anyone disagreeing with you.

+1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by HughW
Well this is not going to make it any better in Ontario. The lack of flight restrictions from India will have this new variant in Ontario quickly. Once again the inaction by Health Canada based on information that they have access to from another country is truly astounding. The last paragraph with "no comment by the Health Minister" is not new and would be expected (living up to low expectations).

India's variant-fuelled second wave coincided with spike in infected flights landing in Canada

Health Canada Statement -- "A statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) says they’re aware of B.1.617, classifying it as a ‘variant of interest.’ “Before a variant of interest is considered one of concern, scientists and public health professionals must determine if the mutations result in an actual change in the behavior of the virus, such as making them spread more easily, increased disease severity or impacting vaccine effectiveness,” the statement read."

https://nationalpost.com/news/local...wcm/9232e5ba-c845-487a-bbf6-0aa6acdcdba8

That is disturbing.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

+1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here is the list of what's open and what's closed in Ontario. You can argue about these measures. They are specific to Ontario; the subject of this thread. laugh

COVID-19 public health measures and advice

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions

Edited to add: For the US folks here. More gristle on which to chew.

Fauci reveals which activities he will and will not do

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Steve.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're welcome. Less than a month to go.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

+1

laugh

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So [bleep] the OP but I lived and worked O&G in Calgary for just short of five years beginning January 2005, the oil sands "boom". The country is vastly different today, vastly, and to their detriment as a country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ontario had 4,465 new cases today. A record. . They are talking about triage instructions. It's the effect of the B117 variant.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/11/21.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Ontario had 4,465 new cases today. A record. . They are talking about triage instructions. It's the effect of the B117 variant.

https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/10...rone-to-hatching-false-positives/777791/

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

See?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Here is the list of what's open and what's closed in Ontario. You can argue about these measures. They are specific to Ontario; the subject of this thread. laugh

COVID-19 public health measures and advice

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions

Edited to add: For the US folks here. More gristle on which to chew.

Fauci reveals which activities he will and will not do

You don't see this as an over reach? I have had Covid twice and neither time could I say it compared to a bad cold, especially the second time. My doctor says that is what happens, you become less harmed the more you are exposed. I am really surprised at your seeming inability to think for yourself. I guess years of being a "subject" have destroyed that ability.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
you guys do realize this is 2 years old don't you

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
you guys do realize this is 2 years old don't you
Yes, it was reposted as a reminder of his condescension. I didn't know how to put it over on the Steve Redgwell thread.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,154
Posts18,465,082
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.