Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bought a scope from a member, in NC. he shipped on the 22nd....according to Fedex tracking it has taken 8 days to get to Kansas. I checked the weather history along the route for the last week, I didn't think it was that bad? So, 8 days enroute, still half the country yet to cross...who knows whether I live long enough to actually get it. By comparison, during the same time period, I ordered and received an old chainsaw part from NC, arrived at my door 4th day, USPS. Just sayin', sellers, think about it before you ship with these clowns.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
O
My story, gun shipped from northern CA headed to SW VA by USPS, took over week to get to LA, California, one tracking point. Next tracking point GSO, NC near 2 weeks later. Then shows up at FFL, no additional tracking.

Near 3 weeks from California very, very poor tracking information Had the same happen USPS on another firearms shipped from Maine to VA. Seems they are all being a little more unreliable. Volunme I suppose, but I don't understand the lack of tracking information. And if you talk to a real person, no help either.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
USPS for me currently.... zip code doesn't exist, but my package arrived there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Looks like it's a roll of the dice no matter who you choose, none are perfect I guess...you pays your money and takes your chances.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Looks like it's a roll of the dice no matter who you choose, none are perfect I guess...you pays your money and takes your chances.

Exactly! All it takes is one employee to screw it up.

You ain't about that life.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had many 3 week packages arrive late last year with usps but it was the 2 month package that took the cake. A check yes a damn check sent to mn from ok for a gunstock took two months to a arrive. The check had been cancelled for a month when it finally arrived In fairly certain I could’ve walked to mn several times and back before it arrived.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke

THIS 👆👆👆👆👆

Bought a gun off Too. Shipped from Oklahoma USPS on 9th headed 400mile to Arkansas. Been sitting in Memphis for 8 days now 🤷‍♂️

Bought a gun on Guns International from Florida on 23rd shipped USPS got it yesterday.

Just gotta hope for Lady Luck.....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bought some gun parts one time from somewhere in Arizona. I think they shipped usps. Went to CA and then off to Hawaii to spend a couple days on the beach. Eventually after about two weeks they ended up in Texas. Ya never know.

Good is not good when better is expected. ~ Thomas Fuller
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have seen UPS unloading their Vans at the USPS post office almost every time I drive by there. I mean many boxes and all sizes ----the majority of them have the Amazon
insignia on them. I mentioned this to the postmaster one day and he told me that a lot of the UPS stuff they are getting is because UPS and Fed Ex are being used to transport and deliver the Covid-19 vaccine. Makes sense if it is true.
I have had a few late and stupid deliveries from USPS this year, but still trust them more than UPS and especially Fed Ex.
It might be a good time for another delivery company to get their foot in the door.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fedex isn't an option for me. USPS has taken up to 2 months to deliver. UPS here is open 3-5 weekdays and in the last 2 months has totally "lost" a 410 shotgun barrel and delivered a 375 H&H nearly ripped in two and packed full of sawdust. I highly doubt I will ever see a penny of reimbursement for either even though both were insured. I am at the point now where I have a pile of guns sitting to sell but will hold off and do only local sales due to the troubles of shipping.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kennymauser
I have seen UPS unloading their Vans at the USPS post office almost every time I drive by there. I mean many boxes and all sizes ----the majority of them have the Amazon
insignia on them. I mentioned this to the postmaster one day and he told me that a lot of the UPS stuff they are getting is because UPS and Fed Ex are being used to transport and deliver the Covid-19 vaccine. Makes sense if it is true.
I have had a few late and stupid deliveries from USPS this year, but still trust them more than UPS and especially Fed Ex.
It might be a good time for another delivery company to get their foot in the door.

FedEx and UPS both contract with the USPS for final destination delivery. Referred to as either SmartPost or SurePost service. My local PO says that they get hundreds of those packages every day.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by kennymauser

FedEx and UPS both contract with the USPS for final destination delivery. Referred to as either SmartPost or SurePost service. My local PO says that they get hundreds of those packages every day.

Yeh, I knew about the Smart Post etc., but it just seems like more than usual. Probably just a sign of the times! Especially with all of the "free govt money" grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I once had a package shipped from Kentucky go to Hawaii before finding its way to Texas.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Bought a rifle here. Seller shipped it via USPS March 1st two tracking hits on the 1st then nothing more to date. We're working both ends trying to find it. No luck yet.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Got a USPS Priority mail box of MP5 clone parts the other day. Both Trigger packs missing and a big "We are sorry" sticker holding the box together. Looked like someone stomped a hole in it. Inside the box was a pack of wire splices that the shipper DID NOT put in there. Bad trade if you ask me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rambler214
USPS for me currently.... zip code doesn't exist, but my package arrived there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Same facility that had a package of mine for a couple days about a month ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had some USPS barrels show up about a week late, but they did arrive OK from MS. Tracking was terrible. All it said was that they were in transit and would be late. 2 more barrels arrived within 4 days of shipping via FedEx with good tracking and no issues.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
In the past 2 weeks I have shipped or been shipped 8 packages by USPS, UPS, and FedEx. All but one has been relatively on time and good tracking.
I have one now from USPS that should have been here Monday but went off their tracking and "in transit, will be late".

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I bought a few boxes of bullets from a fire member in TN a couple of weeks ago. Mailed him a postal money order via 1st class mail with tracking on Monday morning with an expected delivery date on Saturday. The money order arrived on Wednesday and he immediately shipped the bullets on Wednesday afternoon via priority mail with an expected delivery date on the following Monday. I received the bullets on Friday. Total transaction took 5 days. With that kind of luck I should have bought a lottery ticket.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I’ve had great luck as of late with UPS. I’ve always used USPS, but I had a few bad experiences. One disaster as it took over a month to get a rifle I bought here off the fire. It went back and forth between Washington and Georgia 3 times before I finally stopped in and had my local post office get their hands on it.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,032
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.