Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Christians here seem well trained in 'fear'..LoL.

Have you died and been resurrected? DO you have further knowledge concerning this subject and if so please share.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way we have jerk our calendars around it may be hard to pick a day.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
COMPETITION

"Then if you will count exactly how many times God inspired John to put the word "believe" in His book, you will be utterly blessed by the number."

This is possible over the weekend if you take 30-45 minutes per day.
Simply read an old KJV and underline believes, believed, believeth....
Count how many times various forms of the same word are used in each chapter.
Write that number at the top of every chapter.
When you finish the book, let me know your totals PM.
No Google cheating. Search engines will rob you of your blessing.
You can read along as you listen to the Alexander Scourby video if you want. He read it in less time than that.
I'll announce the correct answer Sunday evening and who got it right.

Let the reading begin! 🏁📖 🏇

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/01/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
Christians here seem well trained in 'fear'..LoL.
Star: I pointedly asked you the other day, what do you believe created the universe and you avoided the question and gave no answer

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Star: Just curious. What drives an atheist to preach and advertise to believers? I can understand a person not believing something they cannot understand, but why preach to folks who believe there is a supernatural creative force they define as God?

It is human nature to hate God. They lack understanding and thus they rail against anything pertaining to God and what they are not able to understand.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.. What drives an atheist to preach and advertise to believers?

Do you realize there are many who
are not athiest while not being Christian?

Perhaps in your mind anyone who questions
Christian claims is an atheist.. or perhaps just
a pesky heretic who needs to be silenced.

.., but why preach to folks who believe there is a supernatural creative force they define as God?

Firstly , why preach personal supernatural Christian beliefs to others?

Since you believe in supernatural , Do you
deem it possible pagan gods offer divine
intervention on behalf of their true believers?

Star: I pointedly asked you the other day, what do you believe created the universe and you avoided the question

You avoided answering questions I asked you
previous to yours, then think you deserve Answers?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Thursday is the day we celebrate the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No one has ever been able to explain to me why you "celebrate" the brutal killing of the man who was supposed to be your savior....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It had to happen.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thursday is the day we celebrate the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No one has ever been able to explain to me why you "celebrate" the brutal killing of the man who was supposed to be your savior....

When you get to know WHO God is, you will know WHY.

He explained it better than I can.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

well then.....I'm gonna miss out.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Have you died and been resurrected? DO you have further knowledge concerning this subject and if so please share.

Nobody has any reliable knowledge and
Scripture is lousy as a historical source,
while theological waffle don't add up to jack.

It seems Peter had enough faith to walk on
water at least briefly , but no Christian alive
today is able to demonstrate such act with
with their level of faith ...not one.

So what's it take - just more believing?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The mechanics of Jesus' death and resurrection don't matter. The only thing that matters is that he did it and we can have salvation because of it.

That said, a few scoffers might come to salvation through studying the Word and seeing how God's prophecies have been fulfilled. The Holy week is one of them. I've heard some say that the scriptures aren't accurate because of the women who bought spices to anoint Jesus' body. One book says they bought them before the Sabbath, another says they bought them after, an apparent discrepancy if you don't carefully read the word. To answer that one, you need to know that there were 2 Sabbaths. They bought the spices after the special Sabbath and before the regular Saturday Sabbath which makes both books correct. With a Wed. execution and a post sundown resurrection on Saturday, it gave them a full day on Friday to buy the spices. With a Thursday execution and an early morning Sunday resurrection, the Sabbaths would be back to back. It's possible that the priests allowed a short period between them to buy food and prepare for the regular Sabbath. We don't know that, however. It's just a possibility.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The mechanics of Jesus' death and resurrection don't matter. The only thing that matters is that he did it...

You won't know he actually did it unless
you get entry to a heaven or get turned
away from a heaven.

So far all you have is hope; which some call faith.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

That said, a few scoffers might come to salvation through studying the Word...

The book of life was written at the foundation
of the world , so whoever is going to be saved
is predetermined.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think Thursday is correct. Definitely not Friday (how could there have been three days and nights in the tomb?). I had never thought about it until I heard an old radio program many years ago, where I heard Donald Grey Barnhouse explain why he thought it was Thursday, and I thought, wow, he's right!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It depends on which Gospel you read:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus’ Resurrection is what convinced His 1st century followers that Jesus was who He claimed to be. Anybody can make outrageous claims, but when Jesus rose from the dead it convinced His closest followers...who had all run away by that time...that He was who He claimed to be. And His resurrection has been convincing people ever since. The story of Jesus likely wouldn’t even have been told apart from the resurrection. Apart from the resurrection no one likely would have documented the life of Jesus. Apart from the resurrection He was just another promise maker who couldn’t keep His promises, apart from the resurrection He was just another wannabe rabbi who went off the rails. The reason we even know His name, the reason His name is proclaimed throughout the world today is not because of what He said and not because of what He taught, but because He rose from the dead. And His resurrection punctuated everything He taught and claimed about Himself.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People believe in Bigfoot coz they have seen it !!

People believe in resurrection without
having seen it .yet they doubt/ridicule
Bigfoot living witness testimonies ...LoL.

"My absurd is true , but others people's
absurd is pure BS"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by antlers
Jesus’ Resurrection is what convinced His 1st century followers that Jesus was who He claimed to be. Anybody can make outrageous claims, but when Jesus rose from the dead it convinced His closest followers...who had all run away by that time...that He was who He claimed to be. And His resurrection has been convincing people ever since. The story of Jesus likely wouldn’t even have been told apart from the resurrection. Apart from the resurrection no one likely would have documented the life of Jesus. Apart from the resurrection He was just another promise maker who couldn’t keep His promises, apart from the resurrection He was just another wannabe rabbi who went off the rails. The reason we even know His name, the reason His name is proclaimed throughout the world today is not because of what He said and not because of what He taught, but because He rose from the dead. And His resurrection punctuated everything He taught and claimed about Himself.

You are one sharp, "Cookie," Antlers.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

well then.....I'm gonna miss out.

Ingwe,

I have an open door policy for anyone who has sincere questions about God the Father and Jesus.
PM anytime if that is better.

The first thing that I can recommend is taking me up on the gospel of John challenge above.
If you don't have a King James Bible, there are both written and audio Bibles available at no cost here:

Audio of John
https://youtu.be/XeRJuK4hCKo

Text of John
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-Chapter-1/

I'm not sure how much you know about Who God is, because we all are from many different backgrounds.

The disciples asked about the Father.
Jesus pointed to the fact that if they knew Him, they knew the Father. He resembles the Father and has the same attributes.
Four major attributes of God are:

1. Righteousness:. He is a righteous God Who has established in writing right from wrong. He is completely holy and Reverend. He is correct in all ways.

2. Justice:. When man violates God's laws, He is just to punish us. He created hell for the devil and his fallen angels/demons. Mankind can either be judged according to his works as compared to the law of perfection and be condemned guilty to the same destiny as Satan.........OR Be provided a judicial pardon from the Son. This is also justice. Why? The Son has satisfied the incredibly colossal requirements of suffering the punishment for everyone..... including you. The justice part is either imprisonment in hell to pay for our own sins for now on OR receiving the pardon because the payment was made in full.
It is a choice. At the bottom is the only way the pardon can be obtained.

3. Love:. The ultimate display was how God took upon Himself the form of a man, yet without sin. He became the sinless sacrifice that was an acceptable payment for all sinners. He was punished in body AND soul (that which could not be seen), that we would be given the option of accepting the gift of forgiveness and everlasting life. See verse in post to you above.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
He loves us far more than we recognize.

4. Grace:. Undeserving favor from God.
It is often displayed in His mercy to us in spite of our sins against Him.
The pardon has been paid in FULL by the righteous man/God suffering and dying for us. Any additional payment by way of our money, good deeds, trying to live right, or sacraments negates that gift, making it null and void. It would be as God giving something so valuable and trying to show that we don't believe He could be so generous by tossing Him a filthy rag in exchange. Isaiah 64:6 says

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."

God's kindness offers the gift and it's already paid for.
We don't then add anything to it by works. We have the choice to receive it freely by making Jesus the Savior the Object of faith. All by Himself, He was wounded, tortured and supernaturally suffered beyond any man's comprehension. He willingly died that way out of love for you and for me. Now the choice is to take Him at His word. He can not lie. He says,

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Please read those promises again. This fact is what helped me to see something that I wasn't taught growing up. The gift was Not a down payment. It was paid in full and is totally through Jesus Christ.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/01/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some will bitch-whine that Jews murdered
Jesus , then in the next post thank the Lord
for sacrificing his son...that's the kind of
stupid we find here.

Someone had to do the will of their god
but they can't come to terms with it and
hold 2000 yr old primitive tribal resentment
mindsets....same with Judas and Satan ,
who simply do the will of the God who
appointed them ..all to Gods plan ,
but CF Christians don't seem content.

Jesus asked if he could get off the hook
but he got no reprieve from his father
and Christians have been busy ever since
pointing the finger of blame in true village
idiot fashion.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.