Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It was...

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Any chiropractors in Ioway?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Ivermectin. Wait.....wrong thread. Never mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
Ivermectin. Wait.....wrong thread. Never mind.

Well done! 😄😄

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
surgery is a very last resort.

That's for sure.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

NEVER allow any orthopedic surgeon to touch your back. If there is no neurosurgeon where you are, go where there is one.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I should pump up the Swiss ball, and stretch over it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When life gives you hamstrings......you just make ham.

Mmmm, huh. And get some mustard

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ironbender

IME, sports oriented PT’s are a better choice with a hamstring inj than a chiro. Good ones can do spine manipulations like the chiros and they can do a lot more when it comes to joints, muscles, dynamic motion and function.

Chiros do pretty well on spines, less effective with shoulders, knees, etc.

DF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Borchardt

NEVER allow any orthopedic surgeon to touch your back. If there is no neurosurgeon where you are, go where there is one.

Yep, my surgery was done by a neurosurgeon, I think they look at solving the issue differently.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

IME, sports oriented PT’s are a better choice with a hamstring inj than a chiro. Good ones can do spine manipulations like the chiros and they can do a lot more when it comes to joints, muscles, dynamic motion and function.

DF

For sure. And, as always, if one goes that route, a “good” chiropractor is what is needed. I had one that was great at adjusting extremities.

But, wabi mentioned “lower vertebrata”.

We have a PT whose focus in myofascial release and does great stuff.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I hear Desean Watson knows a masseuse or two

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
weak glutes, due to our sedentary lifestyle and sitting causes lots of back issues. these exercises work great

I owe you one, seriously. I've been suffering quite a bit lately with lower back pain, so I tried one of the exercises in the first video you shared and am amazed at how much it helped. I slept better last night and woke feeling pretty good. Usually I'm hurting as soon as I get up, but not this morning. I did another set of the exercise this morning and am doing way better at work today, so a huge thank you for the video.

Who would have thought that 3-4 minutes of an exercise could have made such a difference?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SMalloy805
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Yep, my surgery was done by a neurosurgeon, I think they look at solving the issue differently.

One guy here locally is an ortho spine surgeon with three spine fellowships. His first was with well known Neuorsurgeon, Dr. Nanda at LSU in Shreveport, LA. He said he wasnted to see how the neuros did it. Second was at Stanford in CA. He said he got a really nice certificate, but wasn't that impressed with Stanford, He did his third spine fellowship in Memphis, said that one was the real deal. Now, that's after a 5 yr ortho residency, then three, one year fellowships on top of that. Then, throw in four years of college, four years of med school. I count 16 yrs of intense training.

All he does is spine and I place him, at least in my mind, above our local neurosurgeons with zero spine fellowships. They do pretty good, but this guy is one of a kind. His patients do great. He's not knife happy, is actually very conservative, preferring to try injections, P.T. etc. before sharpening a knife.

It dpends on the individual surgeon. IMO, you can't just say no ortho, go neuro.

DF

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Motion is lotion. Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more.

Lay on the ground. Keep your hips planted and push upwards with you arms raising your torso. That's a great stretch for disc's in the lumbar area of the spine. Also focus on stretches for the hamstrings and lower back.

I had a 6mm bulging disc (L5S1) and got it back to normal (squatting over 500lbs) with moderate Physical therapy.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/01/21.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Be danged DF, good to see you up this late, my loser consulting retired ass is waiting on a sat call, anyway, back to the OP inquiry, i hear these afflictions are caused from being a sanctimonious, condescending, self righteous, asswipe prick and not eating a banana per day and exercising one's prostrate several times daily, oh well, maybe i heard wrong, the info was worth the price paid, which was zero.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Motion is lotion. Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more.

Lay on the ground. Keep your hips planted and push upwards with you arms raising your torso. That's a great stretch for disc's in the lumbar area of the spine. Also focus on stretches for the hamstrings and lower back.

I had a 6mm bulging disc (L5S1) and got it back to normal (squatting over 500lbs) with moderate PT

When her face is buried in a pillow and she's squalling like a gut shot panther, you're doing your spine a solid, but most likely not doing her neck vertebrae any favors!

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by renegade50
Medical Marijuana Wabi
Get your self some zig zags.
Lots of Brownies and 2% milk.

Thank me later.
LOL!!!

It works, for sure.

But, diagnose first. Then treat.

Aim first, then fire.

Or something like that.

DF

If it's lots of Brownies,don't do 2per cent milk.
Grab a RootBeer 👍. Amen

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

DF

For sure. And, as always, if one goes that route, a “good” chiropractor is what is needed. I had one that was great at adjusting extremities.

I walked around with lower back and leg pain for 17 years until a Doc-in-a-box sent me to a PT, who diagnosed and corrected an SI joint dislocation in 30 minutes.

Huge fan of PT’s, obviously.

Stretching keeps it from re-occurring. Strenuous work or exercise shortens tendons and muscles and makes it worse, and increases the need for stretching.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dutch

DF

I walked around with lower back and leg pain for 17 years until a Doc-in-a-box sent me to a PT, who diagnosed and corrected an SI joint dislocation in 30 minutes.

Huge fan of PT’s, obviously.

Stretching keeps it from re-occurring. Strenuous work or exercise shortens tendons and muscles and makes it worse, and increases the need for stretching.

Now, that's a whole different can of worms. Surgeons don't pay much attention to SI and Piriformis Syndrome as it's not a surgical problem.

The piriformis muscle can spasm on the sciatic nerve and can mimic discogenic radiculopathy. P.T.'s are the best as dealing with and even diagnosing that condition. I haven't seen much from chiros on SI. The other two muscle groups that can go into spasm from SI disorder are the quadratus, which runs up the side of the back and the iliopsoas (tenderloin) which can cause groin pain.

Google it and see it explanined anatomically.

DF

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.