Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Most people (ALL world views included) are really not tolerant of people with opinions other than theirs. They actually only are tolerant when it’s their opinion coming out of your mouth.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
So where's your indisputable hard evidence of intelligent design? Why does your intellegent god, who gave everyone the gift of life, then kill children and infants?

Man with his finite mind will NEVER fully understand an infinite God. Most humans do not really want that understanding anyways.

It's easier to hate what they will not (and cannot) understand to justify themselves.

I'll take that as a you don't know but you're okay with it.

How can anyone hate something that doesn"t exist - I'm just pointing out one circumstance of the contradiction in the concept of god the loving creator. God works in mysterious ways is just a cop out for just such circumstances.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SuperCub
So where's your indisputable hard evidence of intelligent design? Why does your intellegent god, who gave everyone the gift of life, then kill children and infants?

Man with his finite mind will NEVER fully understand an infinite God. Most humans do not really want that understanding anyways.

It's easier to hate what they will not (and cannot) understand to justify themselves.

How can anyone hate something that doesn"t exist - I'm just pointing out one circumstance of the contradiction in the concept of god the loving creator. God works in mysterious ways is just a cop out for just such circumstances.

The reason you aren’t a surgeon is because you are too dumb to understand surgery. Because you don’t understand something, doesn’t make it not exist.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The Bible says that "it's rains on the just and the unjust". Who are we to question God's actions and what He allows to happen? You might think you can, but your results will be the same as others. We cannot judge God. To do so is to put ourselves on His level.

How can anyone hate something that doesn"t exist .

Good question, but many do exactly that nonetheless. BTW .... It only "doesn't exist" in the minds of those who would do this hating.

I'm just pointing out one circumstance of the contradiction in the concept of god the loving creator. God works in mysterious ways is just a cop out for just such circumstances.

There are many aspects to God other than "the loving creator". You should ask Him these questions.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus died and rose for ALL of us. It's a free gift, there for the taking. All you have to do is accept it. That fact that the large majority will refuse it shows how active Satan is in this world.
BTW, in spite of all the cartoons, Satan will NOT be in charge in hell. He will be hell's principle inmate, not it's ruler.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How can anyone hate something that doesn"t exist

If God does not exist, why do so many come to these threads to ask so many questions about Him and/or just plain rail against the whole thing?

Why even bother with us simpletons who believe in fairy tales? smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Hastings
[quote=Hastings].. So, are you atheist?
You already deemed me atheist
Do you now doubt yourself?

Perhaps you should forsake convenience
and examine how you arrive at your beliefs
to see if the method is robust and reliable.
I have not deemed you an atheist. In fact I'm suspecting you are not one, but I don't profess to be a mind reader. That you won't answer a very direct question "What do you believe" indicates to me that you are quite unsure of how everything you do know came into being. If so that makes 2 of us. I am "Christian" in the sense that I believe the Jews were chosen by a supernatural power for a purpose I don't fully yet understand. I believe John the Baptist and Jesus were sent by that supernatural power to give a message to mankind. Obviously that message was rejected and usurped by much of today's "Christian" organizations as a for profit and power scheme. So why don't you, a man that injects himself into every religious discussion and ridicules Folks that are attempting to discern God's will tell us, what do you believe?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Some people like to ask questions but not answer them.
Some people participate in a conversation to gain understanding or input knowledge. Some only participate to try to tear down.
Some are just the satan.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
some people might get the idea that it's good for us that there is a satan. look at the deaths on both sides during wwi and ww2 plus all the other wars in history. lot'sa killing going on. the invention of satan allowed the good god not to be to blame for all of this. god remains good while satan takes the blame. a pretty good story line actually. anyways if god sent his son and not his daughter then why? lot's of intracacies to the story lines. but who benefited? why, the high priests and their kindred usually. i mean why propagate a story line when there's no benefit for doing so?

would any christian exchange his soul for a heathen's in order to save the heathen and thusly sacrifice his own self to hell? not many i would gesture. so, is christianity a thing of self-interest? the buddhists might want to know.,

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I post this often, but never a better day. or time.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Christians,

These Bible based threads always have a visitor or two who's "soul purpose" in life is to falsely accuse the Prince of Life of injustice. When I read my Bible that reminds me of one of the main enemies of our Lord.
Now who would that be?

I start the thread about a most important holy day and historical fact. Along comes the regular trolls that contribute nothing but mindless discord among the brethren. I have no problem with unbelievers with sincere questions as you can read from yesterday. However, one thing comes to mind when the devil's kids show up.

James 4:7
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

I hope you all have a blessed day..... except for reprobates. I was warned,
" Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD."

I I Chronicles 19:2

To all else, a toast with a big cup of your favorite coffee.
☕ 🙂 👍

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/02/21.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from quotefancy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
These Bible based threads always have a visitor or two who's "soul purpose" in life is to falsely accuse the Prince of Life of injustice.
If anyone had a reason to step away from believing in God because of injustice, it was Jesus. The man who stands at the center of all that Christians believe was treated extraordinarily unfairly, and was unjustly executed.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scoffers like these also followed Jesus around. He confronted them constantly. Many passages in the gospels are his responses to them. A few came to believe in him but most did not. One of his classics is in Mark 9. Some Jews had accused him of using the power of Satan to cast some demons out of a man. Jesus had used the power of the Holy Spirit do it. He told them that you could sin against him or against God and be forgiven, but if you called the Holy Spirit evil, that was an eternal sin. There is no forgiveness for that. He told them to their faces that they were going to hell with no possibility of salvation.
He didn't mince his words. I wish I had even a tiny fraction of his ability to show scoffers their errors but I don't.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
These Bible based threads always have a visitor or two who's "soul purpose" in life is to falsely accuse the Prince of Life of injustice.
If anyone had a reason to step away from believing in God because of injustice, it was Jesus. The man who stands at the center of all that Christians believe was treated extraordinarily unfairly, and was unjustly executed.

Isn't that the truth.👍☕

As soon as I hit the post tab that same thought came to mind. Jesus was called names, accused falsely, tortured and suffered injustice......yet offers a gift larger than anyone can ever earn. Thats more love than I have.

Then there's some so evil that they turn around and blame Him for all the evils in the world.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Scoffers like these also followed Jesus around. He confronted them constantly. Many passages in the gospels are his responses to them. A few came to believe in him but most did not. One of his classics is in Mark 9. Some Jews had accused him of using the power of Satan to cast some demons out of a man. Jesus had used the power of the Holy Spirit do it. He told them that you could sin against him or against God and be forgiven, but if you called the Holy Spirit evil, that was an eternal sin. There is no forgiveness for that. He told them to their faces that they were going to hell with no possibility of salvation.
He didn't mince his words. I wish I had even a tiny fraction of his ability to show scoffers their errors but I don't.

That passage, even as a little boy, always shook me up.

This is why I warn those that use God's good Name in vain. I fear that God might just give up on them sooner or later. When one of us shares the gospel, I fear that like Romans 1 describes that it will be too late.
I even have read someone referring to three men as the "Trinity" . I never even heard this kind of talk in my youth. It's getting worse, not better.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from quotefancy.com]

That's a good illustration Wabigoon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pain and suffering and injustice in the world is an emotional and powerful and moving argument when you hear people make it, especially when it’s based on their own personal experience...I totally get it. I understand...the best I can...the emotion and the question in light of the awfulness.
The problem of pain and suffering and injustice in the world has been a problem for many in maintaining faith in God. Many people have stepped back from God because of their inability to reconcile a good and loving God with the pain and suffering and injustice in the world.
Some people leverage pain and suffering and injustice in the world to argue against God, or to argue against one’s personal relationship with God. They even commandeer other people’s pain and suffering and injustice to build a case against God.
But pain and suffering and injustice in the world...for many people...actually ends up being a path which leads to God. Extraordinary pain and suffering and injustice in the world often leads to extraordinary confidence in God. For many it’s a reminder that they actually need God.
Christianity has never made an argument for God’s existence or involvement based on a world where bad things never happen to good people. Jesus’ early followers paid dearly for their faith, they were treated incredibly unjustly, they were persecuted for believing something, many were tortured and killed, and yet they embraced God.
Pain and suffering and injustice in the world are not arguments against the existence of God; to me, they are evidence that we need God, that we need His grace, that we His need mercy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pegan holiday origins.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (007FJ, 44mc, 257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.