Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
We have been extremely happy with Samsung. Wife said she wants "Roku" or "Roku"-capable. Have no clue what she is talking about (and, in truth, neither does she). We watch very little TV but I like Braves baseball, SEC football and in-depth local weather when bad storms are on the way. So what I want to do is ease on down to Costco and get another Samsung. What should I be looking for?

Thanks, RS

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my price point is not a TV from Costco. No doubt the TV's they carry are awesome TVs but dag...do they have anything that starts less than $800?

TQL, Visio, and Hisense make nice TVs that have pretty decent price points. They are disposable TVs. Last you 5-8 years and you throw them away. Any TV is Roku ready, but if you want Roku built in, then you want a smart TV that has the Roku system in it. Different brand makers have different types of smart TV, Roku is just one kind of platform, or you can just buy a regular TV and a Roku separately.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/02/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have had good luck with Vizio.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toyota.

They never ever, ever, beak.
And increase in value.

Unless you prefer Stihl!

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 04/02/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
After reading tons of reviews, I've always gone with Samsung. We are very happy with the ones we have. Our main TV is a 65" Samsung Smart TV.

I'm not real savvy on Roku either so I searched this up for ya.

https://blog.roku.com/smart-tv-vs-roku-tv

Edit: I agree with the above. Costco and Sam's are pretty cheap on a lot of stuff. TV's are not one of them.

Last edited by Rooster7; 04/02/21.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The first thing I'd buy is a lightning rod and then a new Samsung

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Samsung.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RipSnort
We have been extremely happy with Samsung. Wife said she wants "Roku" or "Roku"-capable. Have no clue what she is talking about (and, in truth, neither does she). We watch very little TV but I like Braves baseball, SEC football and in-depth local weather when bad storms are on the way. So what I want to do is ease on down to Costco and get another Samsung. What should I be looking for?

Thanks, RS

lightning protection, then walmart.

TVs aren't furniture anymore.

they are disposable

and they are like smartphones, they spend a lot of time tracking what you're looking at.

every year you get bigger TV for same money, or same TV for less money

get a teenager to help you set it up.

menu hell

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Newegg.com

Study for a few days, after you feel comfortable make your purchase.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't ever spray Windex on your flat screen TV to clean it. That resulted in a quick trip to Best Buy. The last few TVs I've purchased have been Samsung. LG makes a nice one too. I've watched them in some hotel rooms and they looked good.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just make sure it has a 240 refresh rate. The 120 rate ones drive me crazy because I can see the jutter.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Costco puts their TV's and Electronics up front when you first walk into the store on purpose

The price points are so high that everything else you see in the store is cheap by comparison.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have come to view tv's as a disposable item. After my plasma finally died, I picked up a westinghouse 54 inch smart tv (4k) for $327 on sale at Best buy. The 4k easily had a better pic, and the tv has been great for the year I have had it. I looked at Samsung and LG, etc... I wasnt able to justify the cost difference in my scenario.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yea, that's another thing you spend $1200 on a TV and in 3 years you can get the same technology at WalMart for $350.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sony.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Costco definitely if you are a member and use their visa card to buy. Toss in the free 4yr warranty, cash back, concierge service. Shop online and in-store before deciding.

With the multitude of free applications for watching whatever whether or not you have Roku won't matter much.

For $500 you'll get a nice upto 55in 4KHDTV if something is on sale/special.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Walmart will probably be the cheapest on pretty much any TV you decide on. One perk to buying from Costco, though, is their free 2 years extra warranty over the manufacturers warranty.

I'm not too keen on Best Buy as I really don't much trust their "customer reviews" process. I've checked customer reviews on the exact same items at other retail sellers out of curiosity and found many were no where near as highly rated as Best Buy's reviews were.

I've had two new mid priced 48" LGs and both bit the dust in less than 4 years so I went with a 55" Samsung "Smart TV" this last time. Bought it from Walmart on sale for a real good price plus got a $100 Walmart gift card for buying that TV during a sales promotion. Into the third year now on the Samsung and so far - so good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Get a line conditioner.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lorin
I have come to view tv's as a disposable item. After my plasma finally died, I picked up a westinghouse 54 inch smart tv (4k) for $327 on sale at Best buy. The 4k easily had a better pic, and the tv has been great for the year I have had it. I looked at Samsung and LG, etc... I wasnt able to justify the cost difference in my scenario.

I bought a cheap Westinghouse 32” Model on sale at Best Buy for $79 for the Travel Trailer. It’s been a great little TV with no problems at all and the picture is just as good as my Samsung.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
got a big visio and a big dynex. the dynex has been on about 16 fuggen hours a day for 10 years. i think you can get the same visio for about 200 bucks on sale.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.