Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by kingston
Fewer children will be molested by clergy.

+1. I was raised a Catholic and the Church's dealings have sickened me. So I go this way
Matthew 18:20 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
I don't really need organized religion. If you live a good, moral life, you'll end up where you're supposed to.

That’s definitely taking Matthew out of context if you’ve come to that conclusion. Jesus made clear the path to the father and it isn’t by good works. Happy Easter and best wishes from a forgiven sinner. WMR

It isn't about gathering once a week and giving money to build ornate buildings either. Follow the Ten Commandments and you're off to a great start. Many of the other "rules" were made by man, not God.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
If you folks think it's getting bad now just wait till the true body of believers is taken out of this world, what we term as the rapture. You will then be left with a world devoid of any presence of God. Is that what people want? For evil to have no restrictions?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by gunzo
Less folks in church, fewer hypocrites.

Yep, society is looking pretty good isn’t it? I have been noticing all the increase in quality as church attendance is in decline. confused

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Setting up the time of the persecution of Christians.

LOL!

Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by WMR

+1. I was raised a Catholic and the Church's dealings have sickened me. So I go this way
Matthew 18:20 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
I don't really need organized religion. If you live a good, moral life, you'll end up where you're supposed to.

That’s definitely taking Matthew out of context if you’ve come to that conclusion. Jesus made clear the path to the father and it isn’t by good works. Happy Easter and best wishes from a forgiven sinner. WMR

It isn't about gathering once a week and giving money to build ornate buildings either. Follow the Ten Commandments and you're off to a great start. Many of the other "rules" were made by man, not God.

No argument there. I do enjoy the fellowship of gathering together and it helps me keep my head and heart right. 10 Commandments? Golly, I struggle constantly with the big 2. I am totally undeserving of the grace I’ve been given. I suspect you and I would agree on many things. Best wishes for a joyous Easter, however you decide to celebrate it.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

No argument there. I do enjoy the fellowship of gathering together and it helps me keep my head and heart right. 10 Commandments? Golly, I struggle constantly with the big 2. I am totally undeserving of the grace I’ve been given. I suspect you and I would agree on many things. Best wishes for a joyous Easter, however you decide to celebrate it.
Best wishes and a Happy Easter to you, and yours!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Yep, society is looking pretty good isn’t it? I have been noticing all the increase in quality as church attendance is in decline. confused

Well said. That pretty well sums it up.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Well said; I’ve noticed that too.

The flourishing of western culture under the ubermensch has been astounding.

Next level of human evolution and all that.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
It means it will be better...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Organized religion is to blame for this. All the scandals etc. Mix religion and money and it’s a downward spiral.

My faith is between me and God. I don’t need to go to church for reassurance like most.

Happy Easter to all.

Carry on...

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
it means things will continue to go to h_ll in a handbasket

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

I was raised Roman Catholic too.
Their church lost a lot of credibility when they moved those priests to other churches to continue their crimes, didn't they?

The awesome words the Lord spoke that you quoted are true.
As perfect words as those are, He wasn't speaking about where a man goes at death in Matthew 18:20.
He does meet by means of His Spirit with groups of believers in prayer for sure. The video might explain.
Feel free to ask if you disagree or whatever reason.
Hope this is a blessing.

Maybe this speaker can show from God's Word when Jesus changed His mind. Jesus clearly stated in Mark 16:16,
The one who believes and is baptized will be saved. The first sermon by an apostle told people to repent and be baptized. So it must have been after that.

I just had my post somehow deleted and it's about my bedtime. I'll make this brief for you and my Pentecostal as well as Campbellite friends.

It helps to understand the gospel before anything else.
Jesus gave His own life for us and there's nothing we can add to purchase His gift offered to us freely . He did not endure the tortures that every man deserves inflicted upon himself for every sin, then say it is NOT enough...you have to show your amazing obedience to get in the water before you are saved.
Its either GRACE or it's WORKS. Which is it?
Grace is why we celebrate His death and resurrection.
He paid for it. Works is.....we fail and earned a big fat F.
YOU are a failure.
I am a failure.
We do not pass by going through the sprinkling or submersion by a priest.

Keep this in mind. In the N.T. there's three baptisms that are distinctly different.....Fire, Water, and the Holy Spirit.

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:"
John the Baptist in Matthew 3:11

He is speaking to people of different spiritual designations....
Saved are the only ones that he will baptize.
Baptism means to immerse or dip under.
Water baptism represents the Death, BURIAL, and resurrection. This is why Christ was baptized. Why else would He? Do you think that John was washing away the sins of the sinLESS Saviour? He had no sin.
Their salvation is not conditional on baptism
Their baptism in WATER is condition upon whether or not John thinks those people were already saved.
If they were not, he preached the GOSPEL without works to them.

The Saviour will sometime baptize all . John preached that.
It will EITHER be in Fire or with the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ and family of believers.

The condemned are not going to be baptized by the Holy Spirit.
They will face baptism in hell, and eventually the lake of fire..... Revelation 21:8

As soon as someone rejects their "good works" for that which Christ Himself bsecured, that man is saved from the baptism of fire. The gift of Everlasting life is given at that moment. What also occurs is the Holy Spirit indwells the believer and baptizes them. See the last thing Jesus Himself said to His disciples before He left to go to the Father.

"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence".

"Not many days hence "was the day of Pentecost.
This is where the Cambellites religion tells us that Acts 2:38 is just the opposite of what Christ just told them VERY CLEARLY before He left them. His clear instructions were that the Holy Ghost would baptize them. The examples were miraculous and very obvious that sermon you refered to. They had a physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit which only happened very few times in history. They spoke languages that they did not know. These were in different tongues/languages known by foreigners at this meeting. It could not be made known plainer to those who attended and those of us reading this.
Believe and be baptized. He was not telling them a requirement before salvation was possible. Baptism was the occurance at believing in Christ apart from works. Believe not and don't be baptized and be damned? No. "Belive NOT and be damned."
Just like Jesus said to Nicodemus at the beginning of John. 3:18.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Please go back and read again and study this valuable information. The preachers who spread a works based false gospel have not understood this basic teaching of salvation so do not depend upon them.
Prayerfully study this out and ask the Lord Himself if what I just said is true or a total lie.
It is worth investigating since the different baptisms are completely different. This is why John and Jesus rebuked the false preachers so harshly, and called them venomous vipers, wicked hypocrites, blind leaders of blind.... They were leading people to hell... baptism in fire.

I don't want that for you, uphiker or anyone else here.
Pleàse think about this over the next few days.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/02/21.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
C
It's a natural and prophecied consequence of the End Times.

As christians are increasingly censored, discriminated against and eventually persecuted, the casual church attender will drop away.

And as the indoctrinated generation leaves college and becomes influential, others will be swayed to follow their example.

Finally, when whole churches fail to provide what they have promised and their ugly secrets are exposed, individuals will quit in disgust.

But it is also prophecied that the strong will remain true to Christ.

Happy Easter, everyone.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Our Society".....

My society is already gone.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scary times we live in.

Happy Easter all. Be with God through our Savior Jesus Christ.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by ledvm
Scary times we live in.

Happy Easter all. Be with God through our Savior Jesus Christ.

+1. Always grateful for all He has done for us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For the first time in 80 years, the number of Americans with dedicated church attendance has fallen below 50%. According to a Gallup poll released Monday, only 47% of those polled confirmed that they are members of a religious body. This is quite a decline from previous years of polling, which saw the number hover around the 70% mark for several decades. Unsurprisingly, the downward trend began around the dawn of the new century.
In the Christian church, it's a lot worse than that. In recent years, many churches have turned their backs on the Lord, preaching homosexuality and other sins. They are no longer Christian no matter what they call themselves. For accurate numbers you need to subtract the members of non-Christian churches.
The Bible tells of a great falling away from the Word as the end days approach. Is this it?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
For the first time in 80 years, the number of Americans with dedicated church attendance has fallen below 50%. According to a Gallup poll released Monday, only 47% of those polled confirmed that they are members of a religious body. This is quite a decline from previous years of polling, which saw the number hover around the 70% mark for several decades. Unsurprisingly, the downward trend began around the dawn of the new century.
In the Christian church, it's a lot worse than that. In recent years, many churches have turned their backs on the Lord, preaching homosexuality and other sins. They are no longer Christian no matter what they call themselves. For accurate numbers you need to subtract the members of non-Christian churches.
The Bible tells of a great falling away from the Word as the end days approach. Is this it?

They've been saying that for 2k year. Every generation claims they live in the end days.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One could look back at times/places where church attendance was darn near 100%.

Granted, why attendance was so high doesn't paint a pretty picture......

Organized religion reminds me of communism. Despite all the history behind them, the true believers always think that they're the ones who will finally do it right.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by goalie
One could look back at times/places where church attendance was darn near 100%.

Granted, why attendance was so high doesn't paint a pretty picture......

Organized religion reminds me of communism. Despite all the history behind them, the true believers always think that they're the ones who will finally do it right.

Hitchens on the Religion of North Korea:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,118
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.