Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by sayak

Add to that the latest "woke" crowd, and you have a piece of SanFran/Portland/Seattle landed right in Alaska. Sad really. Anchorage used to have a lot of independent folks. Now, except to visit my kids, I won't go there. I literally hate it.

I go to Los'Anchorage once a year for supplies and medical check-ups.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping like hell that Eaglexit happens and we break free from that communist run city of Anchorage. The fact that Dunbar received as many votes as he did after what he and the assembly did to this community just boggles the mind.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I'm hoping like hell that Eaglexit happens and we break free from that communist run city of Anchorage. The fact that Dunbar received as many votes as he did after what he and the assembly did to this community just boggles the mind.

It’s all of those transplant left coast people that love that crap! Anchorage is full of them. Eaglexit would be a good thing, but I don’t see it happening. Anchorage would be losing a ton of property tax revenue.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

It’s all of those transplant left coast people that love that crap! Anchorage is full of them. Eaglexit would be a good thing, but I don’t see it happening. Anchorage would be losing a ton of property tax revenue.

It might be worthwhile seeing the real rate of return on tax income versus costs...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And I am all for it, especially to control the size of the school district.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

You could break up the city/muni and still leave the school district alone. Heck the Mat-Su is a school district of the borough not individual cities. It’s like that in many areas of the lower 48.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

You could break up the city/muni and still leave the school district alone. Heck the Mat-Su is a school district of the borough not individual cities. It’s like that in many areas of the lower 48.

Last time I dug into it ASD had a budget about #70 in the US. The "economy of scale" excuse rings very hollow when they spend so much per student and management overhead is ridiculously bloated. They will eliminate a teaching position and hire a new manager to console the staff immediately.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To be clear, getting out of the ASD is the very best reason for ERxit.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Anchorage just "NEEDS" a 9.5% sales tax, and it will be "perfect".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (12308300, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.