Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The Democrats don't give a chit about controlling guns or ammo. They just want to punish those who voted for Trump. their gun control crap is just a means to an end.

That is where you are wrong.

The Left has been attempting to take away Americans' guns since 1950. That is their preeminent agenda. They know they can never subjugate an armed populace.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The Democrats don't give a chit about controlling guns or ammo. They just want to punish those who voted for Trump. their gun control crap is just a means to an end.

That is where you are wrong.

The Left has been attempting to take away Americans' guns since 1950. That is their preeminent agenda. They know they can never subjugate an armed populace.

Yeah, you're right.

They tried gun registration.
They wanted to outlaw Saturday night Specials (concealable handguns).
At one point they registered ammo at the point of purchase.
Now they want to outlaw AR15s.

But they want to let all the crooks who actually use guns for crime out of jail.

Maybe they will go after lead ammo because they realize they can't outlaw AR15s very well. In 1994 when they passed the AWB (what a joke) there were 400,000 ARs in the US. Now there are 20,000,000. That's a lot of voters to have mad at you.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I haven’t been in a gun shop yet where I’ve seen them wear a mask.

My last trip to a gun shop, employees were not wearing masks, but they had the gall to require customers to wear them. confused

That would be my last trip to that shop.

Mine too !

No Fauxci follies requirements at mine.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lead bullets and sinkers are specifically exempted from the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). Biden would have to amend TSCA which isn't going to happen anytime soon. If gun ranges follow the EPA "Best Management Practices for Lead at Outdoor Shooting Ranges" then there usually aren't any issues. If the range discharges lead into a waterway, this requires a NPDES (Federal discharge permit) or SPEDES (State delegated discharge permit) which won't be issued. If lead is being discharged into a waterway, the range has to be reconfigured so as not to shoot into the waterway.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sako76
...If lead is being discharged into a waterway, the range has to be reconfigured so as not to shoot into the waterway.

What in the world are they going to do with the ranges at Camp Perry, Ohio? The "backstop" there is Lake Erie.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 04/03/21.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Sako76
...If lead is being discharged into a waterway, the range has to be reconfigured so as not to shoot into the waterway.

What in the world are they going to do with the ranges at Camp Perry, Ohio? The "backstop" there is Lake Erie.

Lotta bullets and other ordinance fired in the lake since IIRC 1907, 08.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem shooter
whent to the LGS today ,owner said his Federal Rep. what ever that is said Biden is talking of having thEPA ban lead bullets ,for hunting ,I asked if that went for target shooting at the range ,but his mask muffled the answer ,and there was others there talking so did not ask again Anybody else hear of this?and is it a total ban ?or just a ban on hunting with them?

Unless I am mistaken none of the alphabet agencies have the constitutional authority to make laws. That authority rests with Congress. Conservative groups need to start filing lawsuits challenging the laws created by these unelected bureaucrats.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
whent to the LGS today ,owner said his Federal Rep. what ever that is said Biden is talking of having thEPA ban lead bullets ,for hunting ,I asked if that went for target shooting at the range ,but his mask muffled the answer ,and there was others there talking so did not ask again Anybody else hear of this?and is it a total ban ?or just a ban on hunting with them?

We still can use lead for target shooting and such, just not game animals in California.

Always seam like someone has their thumb on ya.

Last edited by Hammerdown; 04/03/21.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

California has already done it. No lead bullets or shot for almost any hunting. No lead 22LR. No lead turkey loads. No Nosler Partitions, Core-lokts or Power Points. Billions of dollars of ammo rendered useless.

To make it a 1-2 punch, they outlawed mail-order ammo sales, so you can't get replacement hunting ammo either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
War is coming. Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

We still can use lead for target shooting and such, just not game animals in California.

Always seam like someone has their thumb on ya.

Because a condor can't get lead poisoning unless it's injested from an animal? Is that the reasoning for that law?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Aviator
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
LOL...

Yeah.

Biden can hold his breath for me to comply. smile

I agree! Trouble is Biden ain’t running the show.

Trouble is Biden don't need no Agency or Congress, He'll sign EO and think that's it. King Biden.....

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kennyd
California leads the nation. Already shut down new lead mining. I figure it will be part of the strategy.

LGS requires a mask. I am not going to give Polis and friends any excuse to pull the sales tax license. I do lick every gun though

Great. No batteries for their electric cars, either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Governors and State legislatures step in and tell him to GFH.

Possible, but getting Bullet and ammo manufacturers to tell him to GFH might be much more difficult.

The Feds also have the power to control the States by threatening to cut off Federal Funding.

If The Uniparty is going to go down this road they will first ban all imports of lead based ammo, then increase regulations on lead imports and mining to the point it ends up cost prohibitive, then regulate US based bullet manufactures out of business, or drive the cost up so high that We The People simply can’t afford it.
That’s just for starters.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a certain element that likes to stir schitt up, and our crowd has plenty of them too. Have seen exactly zero about this in any news source. He may have the authority on federal lands, but the game belongs to the States. Before the advent of various non-toxic bullets this might have been a problem. Now it would merely be an inconvenience and expense.

I know many are convinced that lead bullet fragments are responsible for a lot of raptor deaths, and there’s evidence that they are very susceptible to lead poisoning, BUT based on my observations, raptors of all kinds are increasing around here, and I’ve never seen a dead one except ones killed by cars while eating roadkill, and the GH owl that died in my yard, likely from West Nile virus, according to the rescue folks. If there’s a problem, I’d say it’s minimal here.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

That’s just for starters.

Just another means to an end. They will never stop , until “congress shall make no law” is enforced.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
TSCA was enacted in 1976. I've never been to Camp Perry, I find it hard to believe that there isn't any hard backstop and that high powered rifled rounds are being shot into Lake Erie where they can strike boaters, fishermen and swimmers. If that is the case, it could be an issue, I'm sure Lake Erie is a drinking water source for one or more municipalities.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I know many are convinced that lead bullet fragments are responsible for a lot of raptor deaths,

They don’t seem too concerned about the raptor deaths caused by windmills🤷🏻‍♂️

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

oh,yes . they want more control of everyone. there number one agenda is taking our guns and ammo. everything else they want can happen after the guns are gone and you cant do a damn thing about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I know many are convinced that lead bullet fragments are responsible for a lot of raptor deaths,

They don’t seem too concerned about the raptor deaths caused by windmills🤷🏻‍♂️

Bingo.

Those dead birds died for a good Liberal cause: over-priced and unreliable green energy. Raptors that died from ingested lead were killed by murderous Trump voters.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
145 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 673, 18 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.