Tell us what you wanna load & maybe you'll get some offers

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's simply supply and demand pricing. If you didn't learn from the last shortage and stock up, you pay the price if you have to have it right now. Otherwise wait it out and let the suppliers sit on it and watch the price come down.

That's exactly what happened the last time there was a shortage.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Slight difference......after this mad rush is over no one will be paying 300 for a brick of primers. These people are opportunistic in nature. Fokk them! You make a note of who they are and never deal with them. And don't piss on them if they were on fire.

Opportunistic? Of course.

If I have something that I paid $10 for, and suddenly find it to be worth $300, I would be a damned fool not to capitalize on that. This is even more true if that increase could be construed as temporary. Business works the same way...at least successful ones do. When emotions enter the equation, the whole thing falls of the rails.

My opportunist ways have made me enough to build a couple rifles, buy some newer, nicer glass, and pay for a vacation. I never twisted anyone's arm, not deprived them of something they needed to survive....in most cases I sold things in auction format, where the buyer set the price. The only thing I would do differently is buy more stuff cheap, and waited a little longer for the value to peak.

If someone needs anything from me ----that I am willing to spare--- I will sell it for what I have in it.

You do whatever makes you feel better, but that makes no sense. I don't sell tings to help folks out I sell them to make money, so I can buy more things. Expecting others to do what you deem to be morally acceptable makes you naive, at best.

There remains another issue hiding in the shade of an altruistic skirt here; the implication that people inside your circle of value, would or could be esteemed higher, than people outside your circle of value. I have serious doubt that it's even possible to finalize such a position. Stating that one might sell for what they paid if their very good friend approached them is perfectly plausible and respectable, but saying you'd sell an item for the same amount to someone you don't know, or, maybe someone you even dislike for some small reason, regardless of it's present value is NOT plausible. But more important than that, it is an action that represents the subordination of one's own value system for the sake of another's benefit, so that the seller can be perceived as being good, when in fact, the measure of their 'goodness' was never weighed economically to begin with.

If you are someone outside my circle of value, fine, do it your way. I'll not judge you in a negative light. But if you ARE someone inside my circle of value, and you attempt this kind of altruistic behavior for the sake of something that isn't measured by the action you take, then you aren't leaving my kitchen table before I have the chance to pull the pillow cases out of the space that exists between your glasses and your eyeballs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Y’all are funny. I tried giving people a break and just like here a lot of local boards with classifieds have the same ole problem Fugging ammo cops. Put primers on there for 50% the going rate on gunbroker. Also advertised bricks of 22LR again at 50% of gunbroker. Fugging ammo cops being the full Nazis they are started calling me a gouger and all kinds of other things. Fine and Fugging dandy rescinded the sale. Consigned 4 flats of primers and 2 flats of 550 packs. Sure not going to complain about getting 1200 bucks a flat for 22’s I paid 79.95 a flat for and the primers went for 5 times what I paid. The 10% to the auction house was cheap compared to dealing with ammo nazis.
Got more of both I can sell but waiting to see what nicer weather brings.

Swifty
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just be patient. The last primers I got were 3.99 a hundred for CCI 450's. Before that it was a brick of Federal 205M for $45 bucks. The trick here is to check the local store daily. (Scheels and North 40 here).

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I stopped at a local LGS today, he had pistol primers. He'd received a shipment this week. He said in two weeks he'd receive a large order of rifle primers and powder.

Supplies are starting to flow. Panic buying and GunBroker aren't helping.

GunBroker depicts an artificial demand.

There are very few sellers who can sell shipped powder and primers on GunBroker, while anyone with an account can be a buyer.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
There are two local shops I'll stop in every week or two. In the past 2 weeks, both had just received a shipment of Hodgdon and Alliant powder.
Shop #1 - all powder ranged from $49 to $60 per pound. (Mysteriously, the 2 dusty cans of Win WSF increased to $49.95, last week these cans were marked $26.95)
Shop #2 - all powder ranged from $22 to $29 per pound. I bought a can of Bullseye and Power Pistol for $28 each

Moral of the story, my future business will go to Shop #2!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
While I'd agree that you can charge whatever the market will bear and at times get it I can't help but hope alot of people get caught with alot of product when prices return. Still giggle about people having a roomfull of toilet paper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's over priced, but it's your stuff, so price it like you want to.

What's crazy is that anyone would pay that price.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My state has limits on how much powder you can have which is quite limited. So that ties ones hands.

Unfortunately, I didn't stock up on primers as much as I should. That's my fault. So I don't shoot as much as I use to.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (257robertsimp, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,215
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.