W
She ain't lookin' so good.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Personally, I expected it. People will disagree, but there is no conspiracy to put anyone into lockdown. Bill Gates isn't funding a COVID attack on the population. It's not aliens, the Chinese or the Liberals. It's a virus. I believe that people have not been paying attention and have caused the continuation of it by not doing what the doctors recommended.

The government is losing money in taxes and doling out assistance, so they are not the ones who did this, or wanted it. I realize this post will start some arguments, but I do not believe some unknown agency is out to get us. laugh

The third wave is happening all over the world - even where Bill Gates has no influence. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've got a friend in Ottawa who moved there from the Czech Republic 40+ years ago. He's so disgusted with Canada's COVID crap that he's moving back to the Czech Republic.

IC B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've got a friend in Ottawa who moved there from the Czech Republic 40+ years ago. He's so disgusted with Canada's COVID crap that he's moving back to the Czech Republic.

Your friend should perhaps visit https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ or one of the many other sites that document deaths so he can make a more informed decision.

The Czech Republic has 4.2 times the number of deaths per million as Canada does.

If he wants a video, here is one showing how the Czech Republic got to be the worlds worst country for Covid-19. The video is from March 16, 2021, and uses very recent data.

Wishing your friend the best no matter what he decides!

John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not feeling to good about our June fishing trip. But that is a minor inconvenience compared to what Canadians are going through. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife, and I have put a lot of time, and money into our place.
I'm disappointed we can't enjoy it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife is currently texting back and forth with some friends in Ottawa and Toronto.

I had her tell them that things are fairly back to normal in Kentucky. The only inconvenience we're experiencing currently is stepping over all the bodies.

Other than that,....we're good.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I am very disappointed (make that pissed) with the vaccine rollout by the Federal Government. Myself and the wife got the Pfiser shot on April 1 and were informed it will be 16 weeks when we will probably get a call up for the second shot. WTF!!

The Feds had virtually unlimited resources (money) to get this going and now it's 16 weeks to wait for the second shot when the Manufacturer's specs say it should be more like 3 weeks. Other countries seem to be doing much better with the vaccine roll out - especially the one to the South.

I sure hope the public remembers this when the election is finally called.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's the kind of stuff that happens when you make Fidel Castro's son the Prime Minister.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I don't think you understand. I will repeat. It is a combination of factors.

You are allowed to believe what you want. The fact remains that the virus continues to propagate. Wear a mask. Stay away from others unless you have no choice. Stay home unless you have to go out for food, drugs or other necessities. Get the vaccine when it's offered.

I nailed all three. You don't seem to get it.

Steve, I must respectfully disagree. The continual mask and isolate mantra, here anyway, just hasn’t held up in the Blue states which closed everything down (Ca) suffering much worse in positive cases than say, Florida with high density urban centers along with very high numbers of the shuffle board, Velcro tennis shoe crowd.

Not only did Desantis of Florida take a completely different tact, the Leftist-media axis has taken a real issue and lied about almost everything associated with the COVID pandemic.

Plus, the mask-isolate mandate carried out maximally will cause untold economic, social, medical and educational ripple expenses far into the future.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Masks won't filter out something as microscopic as a virus.

Part of my lawnmower maintenance routine is to clean the caked on dry grass crud from the blades with a wire brush in an electric drill. It kicks up a lot of "green" dust. The N95 masks are supposed to be the ultimate disposable mask as for filtration ability.

I wear an N95 mask when I'm brushing the dried crud off the lawnmower blades and I still end up with green crud around my nose and upper lip.

A virus is much, much smaller than a grain of dust kicked up by a wire brush.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You are allowed to believe what you want. The fact remains that the virus continues to propagate. Wear a mask. Stay away from others unless you have no choice. Stay home unless you have to go out for food, drugs or other necessities. Get the vaccine when it's offered.

I nailed all three. You don't seem to get it.

Steve, I must respectfully disagree. The continual mask and isolate mantra, here anyway, just hasn’t held up in the Blue states which closed everything down (Ca) suffering much worse in positive cases than say, Florida with high density urban centers along with very high numbers of the shuffle board, Velcro tennis shoe crowd.

Not only did Desantis of Florida take a completely different tact, the Leftist-media axis has taken a real issue and lied about almost everything associated with the COVID pandemic.

Plus, the mask-isolate mandate carried out maximally will cause untold economic, social, medical and educational ripple expenses far into the future.

Our medical people said that only certain masks were 95% effective. The idea of everyone wearing a mask is to reduce transmission. You exhale, spit or whatever into your mask. Whatever gets out is hopefly blocked by my mask and I don't get it.

The virus is all over the planet. A lot of the planet is into a 3rd wave. Distancing, masks, and staying away from others reduces the risk of transmission. It cannot stop it completely.

Several infectious disease mds have said that with the vaccines finally getting into people, the severity will drop markedly by early summer. They are not expecting a 4th wave.

I will continue to wear a mask if I am at the store. Consider it this way. It can't hurt.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Personally, I expected it. People will disagree, but there is no conspiracy to put anyone into lockdown. Bill Gates isn't funding a COVID attack on the population. It's not aliens, the Chinese or the Liberals. It's a virus. I believe that people have not been paying attention and have caused the continuation of it by not doing what the doctors recommended.

The government is losing money in taxes and doling out assistance, so they are not the ones who did this, or wanted it. I realize this post will start some arguments, but I do not believe some unknown agency is out to get us. laugh

The third wave is happening all over the world - even where Bill Gates has no influence. laugh

I don’t believe in the conspiracy’s either Steve, but I also have to disagree with your need to lay blame on any people or groups of people. Experts explain that the Exponential Growth dynamic of these highly infectious variants are not going to be stopped by partial measures. As long as we have a Province or country that is trying to remain functioning, the virus will spread, that’s just reality. Not because people aren’t paying attention. In BC it seems to be spreading in 20-39 year olds so Premier Horgan, and others, automatically assumes that this age group doesn’t care. But that’s also the age group that fills most of the jobs working with the public. These jobs expose them to more people daily than they could ever socialize with but for some reason it makes more sense to believe that these people are irresponsible.
The virus is spreading, even among people who are diligently wearing masks, washing their hands, and trying to maintain some distance from others.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/07/21.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You are allowed to believe what you want. The fact remains that the virus continues to propagate. Wear a mask. Stay away from others unless you have no choice. Stay home unless it.

The mask/stay home/stay away from others mandates have been tried here for a year now. Still not working. Blame it on whoever/whatever you want.

It’s not working. What is going to change?

The mask/isolate mandate is already causing economic/social/medical problems. Huge problems

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There appears to be a reasonably strong correlation between COVID morbidity and obesity, so the “stay at home” strategy may actually be counter-productive compared with the approach of getting outside and exercising.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree with you for the most part, even that it wasn’t a deliberate release by the Chinese. However I’m also convinced that all the usual suspects are using it to promote all the usual Globalist/Liberal/Commie/Control Freak agendas. And stupid people are making it worse than it has to be. There’s a post in the top forum about a guy’s girlfriend that made him and his son sick, but refuses to quarantine, and is planning on getting on a plane for Vegas this weekend. That’s beyond stupid, criminal really.

What fresh Hell is this?
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I watched a news broadcast the other day on a small local station out of Seattle. They had a couple of doctors on and were asking them questions about covid. Both doctors talked about how effective ivermectin is, and how vitamin D could have prevented up to 90% of covid deaths. Their concern was that the government doctors in both the US and Canada are not educating the public about vitamin D, or using ivermectin as a preventative therapy.

I knew about ivermectin. Its gone through clinical trials now. Science has proven it works. Thats not even debatable now. It actually offers better protection than the vaccine, and is effective even when someone has a severe case of covid. Then I hear about vitamin D, and it could prevent up to 90% of all covid deaths. Think about that number for a second. Is it true?? Well from the little bit of research I have done, it seems some very good doctors believe it is. So the question I have is how come Fauci, Tam, and regional health officials across the country are not on every news station telling the public about it?? Why are they refusing to use ivermectin on a large scale ?? Other countries have and are with great results. Somethings not right with the whole mess and it stinks to high heaven. Anyone who blindly trusts these people is not paying attention.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/vita...could-counter-coronavirus-effects-report

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A healthy coworker of my nephew in his 60's got the shot and he is currently in ICU because of it. That's why I'm waiting until next year to decide if I want someone poking me. H1N1, SARS, Covid. Thanks China. And a big thank you to Dr. Tam.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.