Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The reason we're seeing so many people getting shot by police now is because the media, backed up by radical politicians, has led to the idea that one is justified in resisting arrest and obligated to resist. They have created an atmosphere where people are led to believe they are a hero and won't have any consequences for resisting. The media and democrats in general have put a target on the backs of all law enforcement officers and sadly or own FBI, DOJ and CIA have helped. Radical leftist ideology can only lead to one place; chaos.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We are “seeing” more because just about everyone on the planet has a smart phone , more and more departments use dash cams and body cams, social media and sites like YouTube provide a platform for videos to be shared and of course politicians exploiting these event to further their agenda.

As for an actual increase police shootings, Duno, I don’t have the stats in front of me,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I thought the CO bit was mostly bullshit.

He died because of drugs, a bad heart, struggling with police, and adrenaline. The defense showed a clip of Floyd repeatedly saying he couldn't breathe well before Chauvin even arrived on the scene. That to me, says it all.

Correct. Here is the video of the entire arrest. Most people only see the end from the news media....where Chauvin is kneeling on him....not where he resisted arrest for a full 30 minutes and was begged, pleaded, and sweet talked in an attempt to get him to behave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rrowing-final-moments-brutal-arrest.html

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Don't really matter. It's gonna depend on 12 people who don't have an opinion on anything and the threats the State make to them.

This right here. Unfortunately, I believe the fix is in. If an election can be stolen, fixing a verdict is a piece of cake.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
He wont walk and people want to see him swinging from a rope.

27 million doesn't matter.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope he walks, look out if you live near lots of coloreds

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when is this trial scheduled to wrap up?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
Chauvin was in a fight for his life with a very large, strong, and violent career criminal jacked up on a variety of drugs.
Politicians want Chauvin tried in the court on CNN and MSNBC.
Blacks make the likes of Floyd, Martin,etc their heros.
So sad.........
I hope Chauvin walks.

Fight for his life? Well that's a little melodramatic and exaggerated. Floyd was handcuffed and resisting being put into a squad car. He was resisting and needed to be subdued but to say that any of the officers present was in a fight for their lives is over the top. The only act of aggression I saw from Mr. Floyd was he attempted a little kick at an officer as he was being put to the ground. The reporting of this case is full of bias. That is why I wanted to watch the trial, to get the facts of the case as presented to the jury. Not someone's interpretation of what was said or presented. Soon it will be up to the jury to decide if Chauvin caused Mr. Floyd's death or if it was one or more of the other causes presented to the jury by the defense's pathologist. At this point, I have a reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions are directly responsible for Mr. Floyd's death, at least not for 2nd or 3rd degree murder. However, the optics for Chauvin are horrible and I'm not sure the jury will get past that.

If I was on the jury I would need the charge of 2nd degree manslaughter (as per MN law) clarified by the judge. The part that in my mind puts Chauvin in jeopardy of that charge is the fact that he remained on Mr. Floyd's neck and back after Mr. Floyd lost consciousness and was no longer struggling. Another officer questioned Mr. Chauvin as to whether they should put Mr. Floyd on his side (in a recovery position) and Chauvin declined. Every witness testifying on the use of force (both for the State and the defense) testified/admitted that there was no justification for Chauvin to continue to use force after Mr. Floyd stopped struggling and lost consciousness. Testimony from medical experts indicated that at the point where Mr. Floyd lost consciousness the officer's should have checked on Mr. Floyd's condition and rendered first aid CPR if Mr. Floyd was found to be in cardiac arrest. Mr. Chauvin's failure to do those things can be a case of "culpable negligence" meaning Chauvin's actions created an "unreasonable risk of death or bodily harm". I would need it clarified by the judge whether "unreasonable risk of death" required proof of the actual cause of death.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No way he walks. He'll be convicted on manslaughter. The appeal will begin immediately and will probably be successful.

The city will burns either way.

Did Chauvin act appropriately? Yep, right up until Saint Floyd stopped breathing and pissed his pants. That's called a clue. Roll him over to the side recovery position and at least offer some words of encouragement (hey buddy, stay with us, whatever), and some sternum rubs. Would that have saved him? Nope, he was dead either way. But I looked bad....to clowns like Paul

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/15/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainshot
The reason we're seeing so many people getting shot by police now is because the media, backed up by radical politicians, has led to the idea that one is justified in resisting arrest and obligated to resist. They have created an atmosphere where people are led to believe they are a hero and won't have any consequences for resisting. The media and democrats in general have put a target on the backs of all law enforcement officers and sadly or own FBI, DOJ and CIA have helped. Radical leftist ideology can only lead to one place; chaos.

I have been saying that for years.

Just this morning I had a conversation with my bud, Mannlicher. We were discussing the degradation of the Design District in Miami and it going back to the schithole it once was.

My reply:

Picked up 2 houses on 1 huge lot down there years ago. One needed some mild rehab. Groids in the house thought they didn't have to pay rent. (Weren't paying previous owner either). Reassured them they did. They refused. So I threw them out. Cawps come on debarcation day and baby daddy comes rolling up as his schit is being put on the swale. Aszhole starts threatening me right in front of them. Cawps, of course, doing nothing about it. In front of the cawps, I told the mother'fugker I'd shoot him in the fugkin head if he came near me.

Groids are allowed to make death threats in front of cawps, don't you know?

Last edited by local_dirt; 04/15/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The citizens of those areas of Minneapolis have voted for lawlessness and are pissed off when cops try to enforce laws.

I really don't care if they want to live in a lawless society but after the local businesses are gone, the friends of Ilhan Omar will move into lawful areas.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by VernAK
The citizens of those areas of Minneapolis have voted for lawlessness and are pissed off when cops try to enforce laws.

I really don't care if they want to live in a lawless society but after the local businesses are gone, the friends of Ilhan Omar will move into lawful areas.

Even Target announced they were getting the fugk out of that city.

NGAF. Lots of nice people there but they're too stupid to save themselves.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Target is owned by the Dayton Family of Minneapolis and one of the Daytons was the previous liberal governor and part of the current problem. Their politics and policies have driven Daytons out of their home town.

I LIKE IT!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will it be different when it's YOU, your friends, your life lost, your guns taken, your freedom gone, being a felon for what you legally own now, eliminated like Ashli Babbitt, or victims of red flag laws, and not some black thug?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Maybe they thought they could vote there way out of this, similar to members here that still think elections, even local elections, still are a viable option.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The defense has rested it's case. Officer Chauvin has declined to testify. The prosecution was allowed a rebuttal from the pulmonologist that previously testified for the State to address a few new issues brought up by the testimony of the defense's pathologist. This is expected to address the idea of environmental exposure to carbon monoxide and to cite a study on heart size to rebut the testimony that Mr. Floyd had an enlarged heart. The pulmonologist is also expected to testify that a test showed an O2 level in Mr. Floyd's blood that would preclude the presence of a significant level of carbon monoxide. The defense is expected to challenge the accuracy of that O2 testing.

The judge did not allow "newly found" evidence that the State ME says it had, but did not disclose to the defense, that the CO level was tested in Mr. Floyd's blood and that it was low to insignificant. The judge ruled that it was the State's responsibility to find and disclose this evidence/data to the defense during discovery months ago. The judge ruled it would be prejudicial to the defense for the State to present this evidence at such a late time. It was noted that the defense's expert pathologist was on a plane on his way home and unavailable to consider, evaluate and testify about this newly reported evidence. The judge also clearly stated that IF the State's pulmonologist makes any reference to the test results of the CO level in Mr. Floyd's blood that he will declare a mistrial.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Should Chauvin have testified?

Tarquin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dr. Tobin the State's witness pulmonologist just testified that Mr. Floyd has an O2 saturation level of 98%. If that is the case - - how the hell does one have asphyxia?? If the blood is saturated with O2 when measured at the hospital how do you have O2 deficiency since it's the blood that carries the Oxygen. This doesn't make sense to this layman. Heck I've checked my O2 level with a pulse oximeter and my O2 saturation level is 97%. I guess I should be dead. Hopefully the defense can jump on that without the help of their medical experts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Should Chauvin have testified?

I don't know. That's his call after consulting with his attorney.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I watched quite abit of it and I don't think Chauvin will walk. Hanson turned out to not have enough pit bull in him. He almost never objected to anything. Weak.

Hung jury...at best.

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

561 members (1minute, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,291
Posts18,448,932
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.