Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I have two Wranglers.

They are pretty solid little handguns. Loading gate is stiff on one of them.

Keep both loaded with CCI shotshells for copperheads. One at the house, one at the shop. Both shoot well with solid bullets too.

I was just looking at the Ruger Wrangler at my LGS on Wednesday. Thinking about picking one up for a snake gun like that too Barry. They had about every finish and variation in stock for $219, I think.

Guess Great Minds think alike ! 🤠
Governor for the win on sneaky snakes. Wrangler for the win anyway. They're a nice little gun. For half or even a third the price of a Single Six, what not? Wish they made the WMR cylinder to go with it. I think I paid $209 at the Farm Store back in January or so. I'd say $219 in today's market is right in there.

EE,
The S&W Governor is definitely the ultimate “snake gun” and also works well on hogs and other varmints. I had one and shot it quite a bit when they first came out.
But for now, I have a lot of .22 cal rat shot on hand, and the Ruger Wrangler should work well for snakes and rats in the barn.
I hope you went ahead and got the Wrangler. They are neat guns.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I have the grey Wrangler also. The action was a bit stiff so I installed a Wolf spring kit, and now it is as smooth as butter. The loading gate does open stiffly still, though, because I didn't want to tear the gun down enough to replace the spring. My gun shot dead center for windage, but about 5 inches high at 25 yards. I carefully filed the front sight down until it was at a perfect zero. They are nice little guns and a great choice for your swamp work. Mine shoots everything I have tried quite accurately, and I have no complaints. I got mine early, for about $185.00 out the door.

If you filed the front sight down wouldn't it shoot even higher?

Romans 5:1
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mmmhmm. Yup.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I have the grey Wrangler also. The action was a bit stiff so I installed a Wolf spring kit, and now it is as smooth as butter. The loading gate does open stiffly still, though, because I didn't want to tear the gun down enough to replace the spring. My gun shot dead center for windage, but about 5 inches high at 25 yards. I carefully filed the front sight down until it was at a perfect zero. They are nice little guns and a great choice for your swamp work. Mine shoots everything I have tried quite accurately, and I have no complaints. I got mine early, for about $185.00 out the door.

Not if you do it carefully. wink

Handled one a couple weeks ago. I definitely see me buying one here soon. Purely a schidts and giggles gun on my end.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Handled one a couple weeks ago. I definitely see me buying one here soon. Purely a schidts and giggles gun on my end.

If you filed the front sight it will make your point of impact higher. Think about it.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have the green one...and I ran a cross used black one the other day. I dont know what the previous owner did with it, but pretty good finish wear, dings in the metal all over the place, etc. For 135, joker is going in the truck toolbox, still tight as heck and shot well. I've bought a couple nice j frame smiths lately, but problem is, I bought them too nice. Fine for range use, but not going to be rough with them like the wrangler.

Last edited by killerv; 04/09/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

If you filed the front sight it will make your point of impact higher. Think about it.

Yeah, I was being a smartass lol.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yeah, I was being a smartass lol.

👍👍 you had me rethinking for a minute

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.