Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever you say, Squat-to-pee!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You're not good at this internet thing. You ALWAYS lose.

Whannnbulance standing by for ya.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever you say Deputy Fife. I won't call you "Squat-to-pee" any more, seeing as how you can sit on the seat without squatting......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You being a very small person, can see why that would be important for you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, there's one guy on here with little man syndrome Barney, and it ain't me.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah, it's you.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There was a harness/holster combo I had seen marketed by Further Faster Designs as the RAP bino case. Handgun behind the bino. Looked interesting but I can't seem to find them online anymore.

Here's some pics from another website:

https://soldiersystems.net/2020/07/08/further-faster-designs-rapid-access-panel-bino-case/

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
That FFD is a great idea. Talked to alaska guide creations about that some years ago. Maybe his newer bino packs incorporate a pistol pocket

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
That looks like a nice bino carry pack. It looks like Further Faster Designs is out of commission right now, though. 403 forbidden on their site. I'll have to try to remember to check back and see if it resolves.

Yep.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Sounds to me like you might like the Razco?

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My S&W 629 carries really well in a 7X

http://www.7xleather.com/chest_holster

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have the Razco and use it with my Mystery Ranch Quick Draw bino chest pack, it is awesome!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Razz
Have the Razco and use it with my Mystery Ranch Quick Draw bino chest pack, it is awesome!

A couple of questions if you don't mind. Does it interfere w/ a pack belt in any way?

Does it have level 2 or better retention? Thanks in advance.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Razz

A couple of questions if you don't mind. Does it interfere w/ a pack belt in any way?

Does it have level 2 or better retention? Thanks in advance.

mike r

No interference and excellent retention. It is passive retention. I called and spoke with them before ordering, they were most helpful. FYI, the are shaped for your gun, mine is a Ruger Toklat in 454 Casull.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Originally Posted by 65Jeffrey
dont know about wearing a "goofy hat" but i am looking to avoid notice in the National Parks and wrap around bucket seats of my Jeep make my normal kidney carry and jacket problematic

It is LEGAL for you to carry a firearm in National Parks.

Avoid "notice" by NOT discharging said firearm. THAT is NOT legal.

I understand you're not trying to provide legal advice and I hate to be a nit-picker. Possession in National Parks is no longer banned by Federal statute. However, State regulations still apply. So while it may be legal to carry in Yellowstone under Wyoming state law, it is probably not lawful for most people to carry in Yosemite under California law or in the Adirondacks under New York state law. There may be conditions in those places where it's lawful to transport and then possess in your camp.

My point isn't to be like one of those turds that Paul Harrell ridicules, "That's Eweegul!" Let's just say that we NEED it to be legal to carry in National Parks, but we're not there yet.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 06/23/21.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Razco looks interesting. One issue I see is having six straps around you to secure it. I also live in the south so it looks Hot! I have a Hill country and a Kenai 3-pt holster. The Hill country is too hot for me, doesn’t hold the firearm as secure as others but it does have decent storage. I use my Kenai 100% because of the heat and humidity in the south. I wear it under my bino pack and carry a daypack for hauling stuff. The Kenai is very secure works well while hiking, biking and hunting.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bison hunt in the thick of grizzly country (Absoraka-Beartooth)- FHF bono harness w/ Razco holster (S&W 69), an excellent combination

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like a nice rig.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mtwarden

In coming back to this thread I missed this picture. That had to be one of those Oh Chit, what have I done moments. I hope there was a road reasonably close. LOL

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by mtwarden

In coming back to this thread I missed this picture. That had to be one of those Oh Chit, what have I done moments. I hope there was a road reasonably close. LOL

Definitely! laugh

We had two other guys thankfully; three of us butchered into the night, one tended the fire and rifle- this is grizzly central country just a mile or two north of Yellowstone. Got all the meat hung about 2:00 AM, hiked up the trail about a mile to camp to keep away from the carcass. The next morning we started packing meat out. The road was 7 miles and unlike most trailheads, this one is very high and the trail leads down to the drainage we hunted, so you're hauling meat uphill! We got one load each to the truck and then hiked the 7 miles back to the meat. We loaded up again, but were only able to make it about halfway to the truck. We found a tree to hang the meat and then hiked back to camp- about 21 miles that day (half with loaded packs). The next morning we loaded up the remaining meat and camp and headed out, the meat loads weren't as heavy as the previous two, but with camp gear, probably close in weight. When we got to the meat we hung up the day before we were met by another guy who originally was going to come, but didn't and decided to come in late after all. We loaded him up good and then said f' it we don't want to come back again so dumped our packs and loaded up all the meat/camp and headed out.

The happy ending part is when we got back home and weighed all the boned meat- a little over 600 lbs of great bison meat! laugh

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 17 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 667 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.