Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
What a crummy position WLP has put us in ..... we want to support the main organization (NRA) that protects out 2A rights, but at the same time knowing that he and likely all the leaders of the NRA are stealing from the coffers that we fill. The libtards would love to see the NRA shrink in numbers and are delighted to watch it do it to itself.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 45_100
The NRA has been marginally effective for a decade or more. Lobbying politicians is fine and probably necessary. They should have spent more money and effort suing the federal government and state governments over unconstitutional firearms legislation. Take lessons from the environmental groups constantly suing to advance their agenda.
WLP progressively used his position to enrich himself to the detriment of the organization. He is personally responsible for what is happening now and the NRA's weakened position.
The NRA-ILA is having a legislative town hall on April 21 in Tucson. The NRA is having an Online Workshop on April 22. Are these events worth attending or a waste of time?
How right you are. I sent the NRA a letter 40 years ago suggesting we use the courts if we truly have a 2nd amendment right. In my early twenties I could see the constant crisis method of fund raising.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76
So the New York Attorney General wants to seize the NRA's $200 million in assets and redistribute it to other non-profits? WTF?

Simple criminal conversion

It's a crime in all States.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
So, WLP broke the rules and the NY AG wants to take the NRA's $200 million?

Last edited by Sako76; 04/09/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The NRA has been marginally effective for a decade or more. Lobbying politicians is fine and probably necessary. They should have spent more money and effort suing the federal government and state governments over unconstitutional firearms legislation. Take lessons from the environmental groups constantly suing to advance their agenda.

I think stopping legislation before it becomes law is more cost effective that trying to overturn it in the courts.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am no fan of WLP and believe that the NRA Board should have sent him away quite a while ago, However, the unfolding matter demonstrates that he, in and of himself, has not been the root cause or the chief enabler of the NRA's problems. He has been their hired gun - others are at fault, and more so than WLP.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85

I think stopping legislation before it becomes law is more cost effective that trying to overturn it in the courts.

Wayne knows for sure that (attempting to) stop it before it becomes law is waaay TF more profitable than trying to overturn it in court, because you get to do it again year after year. You win the wrong court case and the gravy train suddenly derails.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GunGeek
After Neal Knox, Wayne made sure to change the bylaws so another member takeover never happens again. He quite conveniently made it damn near impossible to remove him as leader. If they kick him out, he gets a HUGE golden parachute.

This is the issue against his removal.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Originally Posted by Sako76
So the New York Attorney General wants to seize the NRA's $200 million in assets and redistribute it to other non-profits? WTF?

If dispersed it should go back to the members.

Go to black community and culture centers in NYC.......

You know...
Those affected by whitey on black gun violence schitt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ranger1
Why is the NRA having such a hard time understanding that the problems that they are having are due in large part to WLP's leadership? Get rid of the crooked scumbag and put somebody in charge that isn't going to squander millions of dollars. It's also long past time to cut ALL of the fat and get back to just doing their job, defending the 2A. Spend that savings on the most bloodthirsty lawyers money can buy, not on hunting trips and yachts.
Why? Because they're in on it; that's why.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by CCCC
I am no fan of WLP and believe that the NRA Board should have sent him away quite a while ago, However, the unfolding matter demonstrates that he, in and of himself, has not been the root cause or the chief enabler of the NRA's problems. He has been their hired gun - others are at fault, and more so than WLP.
A majority, if not all the board is complicit. If they weren't, they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago. The purpose of a true BoD is to make sure the officers run an organization/corporation in its best interests. That's how people like the founder of Papa John's and the like get thrown out. The NRA BoD is the ultimate old boy/girl network.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

And I think your point is well taken. That's why lobbying is necessary. But it has become progressively less effective in influencing legislation as politicians increasingly disregard the constitution. They need to be reminded the constitution is more than just a suggestion. Likewise, non of the bureaucrats in the alphabet agencies are constitutionally authorized to make rules which have the affect of law. Only congress can make laws.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RufusG

Wayne knows for sure that (attempting to) stop it before it becomes law is waaay TF more profitable than trying to overturn it in court, because you get to do it again year after year. You win the wrong court case and the gravy train suddenly derails.

So litigation is more cost effective than lobbying? Get back to me on that after the Bolsheviks ram gun law after gun laws down our throats. Legal costs will make Wayne’s spending habits seem like pocket change.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

So litigation is more cost effective than lobbying? Get back to me on that after the Bolsheviks ram gun law after gun laws down our throats. Legal costs will make Wayne’s spending habits seem like pocket change.
What he's saying is that as long as you fight individual laws, you can continually use scare tactics to keep the money rolling in. If you litigate and make it to SCOTUS, they may decide in your favor and solidify the 2A and then the gravy train stops.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

SAF (court cases) has produced a return for gun owners on its meager budget this century far in excess of what we've received from the bloated NRA. That's the definition of cost effective.

And please explain how this "Lobbying" is going to change said Bolsheviks' minds? I'm all ears.

But Wayne appreciates your support.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Read Gungeeks last paragraph . That’s as big a part of the problem as WLP .
Kinda like the republicans an democrats , they are milking it , just two different cows.
Kenneth

Same cow...teats on the left side and teats on the right.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
My favorite funeral home director is named Cooter.

Let Cooter be the last to wipe your pooter!

God Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Obviously, no one on the board ever looks at the books. The whole batch should go, not just the executive officers.

1Minute
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
"LaPierre said he didn’t pay for the hunting trip, but described it as part of the gun-rights organization’s image-building efforts."

Yeah.....right....

If he had any integrity, he would just leave.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why in God's green earth don't the board of directors get rid of this clown? I quite a few years ago because of him, but rejoined because we need something to stand up to the anti's, but not sure it was the right thing to do. I had this POS pinned as a con man years ago when I saw him in Las Vegas kissing Harry Reid's ass at the opening of the shoot facility there. Why do we need him and his huge salary? Time to get rid of all the top brass at the NRA and start over with a few honest people. Tirm limits are needed in the NRA as well as Congress.

Last edited by Switch; 04/08/21.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,138 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.