Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

https://www.newsmax.com/us/lapierre-national-rifle-association-trial/2021/04/08/id/1016800/

Under questioning from a lawyer for New York’s Attorney General, LaPierre defended the use of the yacht calling the trips a “security retreat.” Family members joined him on at least some yacht trips he took annually for six years, LaPierre said Wednesday.

The NRA boss said that the yacht trips were among several items of value that he failed to disclose from 2013 and 2020, including a hunting trip in Botswana.

“It should have been disclosed,” LaPierre told U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Harlin D. “Cooter” Hale during a court fight that could reshape one of the most politically powerful organizations in the U.S.

LaPierre said he didn’t pay for the hunting trip, but described it as part of the gun-rights organization’s image-building efforts. He filed a disclosure form for the first time in the past few days listing items of value he’d received from people with, or who may be seeking, ties to the NRA.

Incredible.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Judge “Cooter “.

WLP and several board members might have a big problem on their hands.

Thinking Oliver North and Col. West are watching this and smiling somewhat.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Anyone can watch it live.

https://us-courts.webex.com/webappng/sites/us-courts/dashboard/pmr/hale

I will admit that it is kind of painful. WLP is his own worst enemy when it comes to testifying. The judge and his own attorneys have repeatedly had to tell him just to answer the question and not go off on tangents.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I get wining and dining and politics.
The problem is why they were not up front about such expenses.

Proly because they used such for more personal than political.

Throw the mofos out.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My favorite funeral home director is named Cooter.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Loppy-Air should have been out of there decades ago.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Is this a surprise to anyone?

Lapierre is as dirty as any other politician and one of the reasons I don't waist money on the NRA.

This may get me booed by others on this forum but what has the NRA done for us?

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

HAHA Favorite? You must have an interesting circle of friends!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As chief engineer my father had to give a speech every year on "the company yacht".

I asked, "Dad, what a company yacht?"

"Just some %&@! tax break!"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
This situation has been very disappointing. He had to know that he would get caught at some point. To take the position as our #1 2nd Amendment advocate, and then squander our funds is inexcusable. Shame on him and the organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not an excuse but - "that's Washington".

If there was a way to actually see evil, as in real Biblical level evil, there would be a noxious cloud enveloping Washington, D.C. thicker than just about anywhere else on the planet.

D.C. - ostensibly "District of Columbia" but it should stand for "Den of Corruption".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

https://www.newsmax.com/us/lapierre-national-rifle-association-trial/2021/04/08/id/1016800/

Under questioning from a lawyer for New York’s Attorney General, LaPierre defended the use of the yacht calling the trips a “security retreat.” Family members joined him on at least some yacht trips he took annually for six years, LaPierre said Wednesday.

The NRA boss said that the yacht trips were among several items of value that he failed to disclose from 2013 and 2020, including a hunting trip in Botswana.

“It should have been disclosed,” LaPierre told U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Harlin D. “Cooter” Hale during a court fight that could reshape one of the most politically powerful organizations in the U.S.

LaPierre said he didn’t pay for the hunting trip, but described it as part of the gun-rights organization’s image-building efforts. He filed a disclosure form for the first time in the past few days listing items of value he’d received from people with, or who may be seeking, ties to the NRA.

Incredible.

And if he's admitting to those things, you can guarantee it's just the tip of the iceberg.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by slumlord

By chance would his first name be "Cold".

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Incredible.

And if he's admitting to those things, you can guarantee it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Yep.
Very much so. There’s much more behind all this.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SOB has ruined the NRA.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
WLP = POS

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At what point do those gifts become taxable?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They called yesterday looking for more money. I told them again not until Wayne is gone.

He has ruined the NRA

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WLP betrayed millions of people over the years. I hope he frys for that. Not one cent from me until he and his regime are gone and the power is given back to the board to insure this never happens again. We really need the NRA but ONLY with honest leadership. I know that is a lot to ask.......................................................

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 04/08/21.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,358 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.