Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I wonder how many “illegal aliens” out there are hunting without any license / permits. If they get caught by Mr. Greenjeans they probably end up getting let go with a warning and court date which they will never show up for. In the meantime Law Abiding Joe Citizen who pays $$$$ in Taxes, Licenses, Fees, etc gets “The Book” thrown at him if all his T’s ain’t crossed and i’s dotted.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by RyanTX
It was that way last year. Have to buy a small game license before you can apply for big game tag.

only one way to put a stop to this crap and everyone knows what it is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I already know it'll never happen.

I hope you make good on your promise...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They extended the deadline until Friday now
Due to volume related issues
Greedy fuggers

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
This is the 2nd time they have had to merge the parks department into division of wildlife. The parks department can't seem to figure out how to keep out of the red, so when they go bankrupt they fold parks into wildlife again. Had three buddies who were officers that quit because they had parks ninnys suddenly supervising them, since they had seniority from the other side. Non LEO supervisors trying to tell them how to do their job and telling them they had to write tickets on everything and everyone so they could bail out parks. Now we have new rules, new websites, new seasons structure and more expensive. Thats what happens when the parks granolas get in there and muck it up.

^^^^^^^^+1,000^^^^^^^^^

Well said!

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not wolves, just big coyotes.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is it the game dept or the state congress that sets those prices in CO?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think the whole idea behind making you buy a hunting lic. is to get a bigger cut of the pie from the Robertson Pittman act. I believe the money from Robertson Pittman act gets dolled out by how many hunting lic a state sells.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by mikieb
I think the whole idea behind making you buy a hunting lic. is to get a bigger cut of the pie from the Robertson Pittman act. I believe the money from Robertson Pittman act gets dolled out by how many hunting lic a state sells.

That was their ploy when they did away with the free Senior Fishing License and now charge for it,but then changed it to give a combo senior small game and fishing license at a reduced cost.

Still waiting for someone to tell me where the $7 million came from that CPW kicked into buy the Fisher Peak State Park land near Trinidad .That should have come right out of Parks f, but I bet hunting and fishing license paid for it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by mikieb

That was their ploy when they did away with the free Senior Fishing License and now charge for it,but then changed it to give a combo senior small game and fishing license at a reduced cost.

Still waiting for someone to tell me where the $7 million came from that CPW kicked into buy the Fisher Peak State Park land near Trinidad .That should have come right out of Parks f, but I bet hunting and fishing license paid for it.

Don't hold your breath Saddlesore - information like that is not for us peons.

3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MAC
I grew up in CO. 5th generation native but after retiring from the USN work took me to TX. Right now I am sitting on 23 points for elk, 18 for deer, 15 for bear, 3+11 for moose, 3+14 for sheep, 5 for antelope and 3 for Mtn Goat. I don't even bother applying any longer. I have no use for the small game license they make me buy just to apply.. Add the cost for a non-res small game license and the habitat stamp and I've got $100 blown before I can apply for a single tag and they they charge $9 per entry. It used to cost $3 for an application. If they gave me the option of a non-res fishing license instead of a small game license as the so called qualifying license I'd still play the game since I would use the fishing license. But that isn't an option.

I called them last year to find out why it wasn't an option and the "genius" on the phone said they wanted to keep fishing licenses and hunting licenses separate. But when I asked him to explain how that can be when they give a "bonus" fishing license to every non-res big game tag, all I got was silence. I then asked why people that visit the parks in the state are not required to buy the habitat stamp and all the other stuff like search and rescue like the hunters are, the "genius" hung up on me.

CO was a great place to grow up when I was born there in 1963. But I would not live there now and I will not hunt there again.

+1, BROTHER!

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Child Protective Workers = CPW

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm cashing in 14 deer points in Colorado this year before the wolves that the dope smoking environmentalists chose to introduce kill everything off.
I'm getting tired of playing the points game and buying nonresident hunting licenses that I don't use to buy points.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
$95 effing dollars for the grand privilege of applying for preference points in the CO Big Game Draw.

Not that it matters, but I recall paying $13 for an elk tag and $25 for a non-resident small game license.

Pizz on these jack wagons, next year I am drawing out on all preference points, going hunting in converted Kalifornia for the last time, and turning my back on New Kalifornia.

Looks like Washington state does about the same correct? This is easy. I will never fuggin hunt in WA. Please return the favor.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

CPW ?

Colorado Parks & Wildlife= the highway robbery agency pimping hunting licenses.

Move to Colorado.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.