Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
slm9s Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
My go to elk scope is the Leupold vx6 2-12 with the illuminated long range duplex (which they don't make anymore). I just ran across this Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 with illuminated "Ballistic E3" reticle. 20 ounces, 1 inch tube, illumination with a holdover reticle - checks a lot of boxes for my needs. 3-15 is about the perfect power range IMO, I wish my VX6's were 3-15. I rarely dial when hunting, but it has locking turrets with zero stop. If these have 'very good' or better glass they sound like a great hunting scope.
Anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022349512?pid=742572

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think they are coming from one of the better Chinese factories.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I'm interested, too. I saw them on Doug's post about Burris deliveries, & thought that's about the only one that kinda interests me. I'm still not a fan of the size or weight, nor necessarily the price. If it got me Japanese (or at least Phillipine) glass instead of Chinese, though, I'd probably consider it worth it.

I really like what they did with their German 3P#4 reticle, & would like to hope this one was as well-executed.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d buy a 30mm tube scope

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slm9s
My go to elk scope is the Leupold vx6 2-12 with the illuminated long range duplex (which they don't make anymore). I just ran across this Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 with illuminated "Ballistic E3" reticle. 20 ounces, 1 inch tube, illumination with a holdover reticle - checks a lot of boxes for my needs. 3-15 is about the perfect power range IMO, I wish my VX6's were 3-15. I rarely dial when hunting, but it has locking turrets with zero stop. If these have 'very good' or better glass they sound like a great hunting scope.
Anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022349512?pid=742572

I cant imagine the glass would be as good as the VX6 you have. Ive owned Burris scopes across their line and to my eyes, their glass is always lacking. Its the biggest thing that keeps me away from these scopes.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where are they made?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis
Where are they made?

China

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
YUK! and POOP!

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Your VX6 is available in a 3-18...............

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I think they are coming from one of the better Chinese factories.

That made me chuckle

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F

I recently got a nice new Burris Signature HD 3X-15X by 44 MM with DUPLEX reticle. Not illuminated. Burris part # 200532.

It's made in China, it says.

It hasn't yet been mounted on a rifle.

I'll probably initially put it on my quality bolt action .22 rimfire first. Then shoot it a lot. This to get a preliminary idea of tracking, exact eye relief/eyebox ........that sort of thing. Then it'll go on a Tikka T3x 30-06 with steel WARNE rings.

Az/el click adjustments seem crisp...no slop, backlash, or wiggling. Focusing the reticle against the bright blue sky was easy and pleasant......with lottsa contast and very sharp black black reticle.

The parallax adjustment knob does NOT have any "range graduations".....guess I'll hafta add my own.

I wouldn't mind if it weighed 4-6 ounces more....out-of-box without rings or scope caps it weighs honest 19.4 ounces. This scope when mounted on my Tikka will give an overall weight of the total package with sling and 4 shells of about 9 pounds 8 oz.

Right at my target weight.

I have not sat down in various light situations etc....to analyze the glass. But crude preliminary observations...the glass is at least as good as the average of
other scopes in this price range...and probably somewhat better. But that judgement will hafta wait 'til the time/environment is just right.....and I'm no "glass expert".

I'm really really hoping it tracks really really good. I've had many scopes that didn't track good, and that's no fun. This is my first BRAND NEW scope in 6-7 years.

Now I need Sierra and Nosler to put some .30 caliber hunting bullets on the shelves.

FjLee

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Chinesium garbage perpetrating

S
slm9s Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
Your VX6 is available in a 3-18...............

I don't think they made it with the illuminated long range duplex though. I had one with the windplex, if it was the LRD it would have been close to perfect IMO.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought one of the new Chinese Signature HD 2-10x's and the first time shooting it, a single 1/4 moa click resulted in a 2 moa POA change. It did settle in on the next shot, but minor adjustments do result in erratic POA movements both horizontal and vertical for the next shot following adjustment (I got rid of most of my Leopold scopes for the same reason). The turrets are nice but the scope is worthless for dialing...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn!

μολὼν λαβέ

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Leupold VX-5 is available in 3-15.

I have a few older USA made Burris scopes that have given me great service over a lot of use and a lot of rounds. I've read mostly positive things about their Philippines made scopes, but don't own any. It's a shame they seem to be moving more and more lines to China. They might well be good, serviceable scopes, but I don't care to support the cause any more than is absolutely necessary. A few friends are running Korea made Bushies on rigs they don't care to have a lot tied up in, and they are reporting good luck with them, so it's probably the way I'd lean if I were in the market for something at that price point.

I am interested to see what becomes of the "standard" 1" hunting scope. The VX freedom seems to be a cheap replacement for the VX 1-2 and Redfield lines. The seemingly very tough Japan built Weavers and 1" Bushnell elites are gone. Japanese Nikons were gone sometime back and now all Nikons are gone. You'd think there would be a bit of a niche opening in the market right now for tough, 1" scopes.

Last edited by Starbuck; 03/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought one of the Burris Signature HD 3-15x44's a couple weeks ago. Put it on my 6.5 CM and zeroed it at 100 yards. Next trip out started off at 400 yards, just dialed in the drop per the dope card and was right in the middle. As for the scope, it is very bright - has pop like a VX-5, very clear actually has me wondering why I even took my spotting scope. The duplex reticle is sized more like the standard Leupold duplex instead of the huge duplex in the VX5. I have owned CDS scopes and BDC reticles and this scope with a nice simple duplex, turrets that are big and easy to see, easy to adjust and accurate is my favorite. Has the Burris forever warranty if it is ever needed. For the price there are very few scopes that compare. I like the scope so much that I ordered a second from Doug. I now have 2 for the price of a single VX5. Only problem is that it is made in China. But so are my shoes, socks, underwear, pants and tee shirt that I am currently wearing.......and probably the computer I am typing this on now.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Ive just ordered an open box Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 duplex from Doug. Am not worried about where they are made. The Chinese technology can be very good and they can do stuff that no other manufacturing country can. And I don't expect Burris would punt on a dog of a scope or supplier. Or Doug. But we will see. If they perform to spec they are outstanding value.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think you will be impressed. I dialed mine up to 575yards last weekend and shot a few rounds. Right on with my dope card. Dialed back to 100 and put a shot right in the middle. Very nice sub $500 scopes.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That makes me wonder if the 3-15x has different internals than the 2-10x. The turrets look identical but my experience with the 2-10x was very different. I'm glad yours is working for you - the Signature HD's have some nice features for the price...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
173 members (12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 15 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.