A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Or at least they where when I posted this:

90 bucks for stripped blems.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-upp...mps-complete-unassembled-demo-scratched/

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks like a good deal.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good heads up. I just ordered one. I’ve been waiting on a complete BCM upper but who knows how long that will be. It will probably be quicker just to piece it together myself.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well. Anyone wanting to try that thermo coupling Montanaman always raves about, heres your chance to do it on the cheap. I wonder how "scratched" and used these are? Maybe thelastlemming will let us know.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well. Anyone wanting to try that thermo coupling Montanaman always raves about, heres your chance to do it on the cheap. I wonder how "scratched" and used these are? Maybe thelastlemming will let us know.

I'll let you know when the two I ordered arrive.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I'll let you know when the two I ordered arrive.

Thanks AS. I know parts are hard to come by right now. I'm glad I found the ones I did here locally..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'll be living vicariously through ya'll....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never been able to tell that their blems are blems, on what I've received, but the only name identifier on it is a small BCM stamped just over the gas tube hole below the top of the rail.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I've never been able to tell that their blems are blems, on what I've received, but the only name identifier on it is a small BCM stamped just over the gas tube hole below the top of the rail.

MM

MM, they say these are "used" and have scratches. They don't sound like "blems" to me, but used receivers? Is that correct, have you bought these "used" receivers?

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just looked at their website & that's the same description as it's always been.................never know what they really have today, but all that I ever have gotten were more or less new looking.

Fortunately, I've never paid more that $62 either, but it is what it is today.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It seems less likely that they could somehow come up with enough literally "used" receivers somehow to keep the website in stock as long as it's been up, but what do I know. Maybe they took a bunch of uppers back in trade, no idea how they do business. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks MM. That is good to hear. I knew you bought their uppers and like them. I'm curious to see what the true condition of these receivers will be when some of these guys get them. Hopefully they keep us posted. I won't be getting my upper and lower for another 2 weeks. Damn wait on background check again. A lot of people still buying firearms.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a BCM complete lower blem a few years back that looked like new to me other than using a different roll mark to distinguish it as a factory blem. Personally I’m not a fan of the bold white BCM logo on the upper and am happy without it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I won't be getting my upper and lower for another 2 weeks.

C'mon, man.................dig down into that sock & buy something really nice for yourself.

Here's a SanTan upper w/o a bolt assist that I put on a fairly recent build..........they are stiff, beautifully finished & it thermo-fit on a Craddock barrel extension.

Bad new is they're not cheap, but I hit a special when I bought it, & their wait time was about 8 weeks.

I have another similar that is a CMT (Cross Machine Tool) upper that is equally as well done & stiff.

Disregard the red'ish tint as that is just the light source.

MM

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It's not worth starting its own thread over and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here (seriously) but here goes... In my 15 years in the gun business, you'd be surprised at how many used gun sellers "tried" to tell us that if they frankenbuilt their own AR with an (insert brand name here) stripped lower receiver, that made the whole gun a (insert brand name here) gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
It's not worth starting its own thread over and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here (seriously) but here goes... In my 15 years in the gun business, you'd be surprised at how many used gun sellers "tried" to tell us that if they frankenbuilt their own AR with an (insert brand name here) stripped lower receiver, that made the whole gun a (insert brand name here) gun.

I had someone try to pull that with me over a gun for sale on Armslist. Advertised it as a Spikes Tactical. The lower was and maybe the upper but that was about it. The barrel was not a Spikes/FN but some non chrome lined el cheapo. Bolt and bolt carrier group, rail, charging handle all bottom of the barrel parts.
The BCM lower that I referenced above was a factory direct from BCM to my FFL order and was to my eye flawless. They do use a different rollmark though to distinguish them.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I don't really understand the concept of selling an AR anyway. If you get tired of it, stick another barrel or whatever other part you are bored with in it, and rock on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the end of the day, a frankengun is still a frankengun, as far as resale goes.

Many are far better than much of what is put together & sold under some company name, but except among transactions among friends, acquaintances, or maybe gun club members, no matter how good a frankengun is, it generally won't bring what was put into it to build, even on the high end.

When I build a really top shelf gun for myself, at costs before the recent expansion, it would still be in the $1800 range depending on the exact barrel used & it will have high end parts from front to back................but I build them to suit me, not anyone else & I could care less about resale.

Or I may build some that costs a grand..............but it's still better than most & was exactly how I wanted that articular build to be put together.

MM

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
MM--yes there are good frankenguns but I'm talking about the ones with a "name" lower and a bunch of Anderson and UTG parts.

Last edited by UPhiker; 04/09/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I know what you meant...............generally the ones you are describing are more of less junk or at least 2nd or 3rd tier, trying to be pawned off as what they are not.

My point is/was that in general, even the best frankenguns don't have their true value except to their builders. Unless that builder has some notoriety.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, I know what you meant...............generally the ones you are describing are more of less junk or at least 2nd or 3rd tier, trying to be pawned off as what they are not.

My point is/was that in general, even the best frankenguns don't have their true value except to their builders. Unless that builder has some notoriety.

MM

One thing about it, AR's are selling for good money around here. A local gal/gunshop owner cant keep them in stock. She even bought some home builds (mostly PSA and Anderson) and sold them for $1,000.00+. I wouldnt have given that much for the cheap pos, but thats me. Its also funny what some guys consider "franken guns".

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MM

A guy on the S&W forum had a "Colt Commando". Glad he's finally pulled it or I'd have been suspended again. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

MM

A guy on the S&W forum had a "Colt Commando". Glad he's finally pulled it or I'd have been suspended again. smile

Probably like when someone posts an all original pre 64 model 70 and it is far from it. I get what some of you are saying, however AR's are much more modular than anything real collectible like pre 64 model 70 Winchesters. I can understand the frustration a collector of AR's might have. A rifle like the one your describing should be all colt, down to the last detail. I get that. But some here get bent out of shape when they see a rifle like my Noveske, that is damn near 100% Noveske, but I put the lower together. To them it's a "franken rifle". They get bent out of shape if I call it a Noveske. Is it because they are mad that they spent $3,000.00 on theirs and I spent $1,000.00 on mine? If I take it to Grants pass and have a buddy there that works for Noveske, touch it, is it then anointed enough to be considered a real Noveske? Sometimes guys here crack me up. grin whistle

The BCM I just bought is going to be even less BCM when I get done with it because I really don't like all things BCM. The gunfighter crap is coming off and its going to be replaced with something better. To me, that is the beauty of the AR. Build them the way you like them. Keeping in mind that sometimes you may be devaluing it. I recently saw an Aero precision selling for $1,800.00. It was a 224 Valkyrie, but besides that it was just another damn Aero precision. I've seen Anderson's selling for $1,000.00, so we are at a point where it really doesn't matter what's written on the side of the receiver. We are more than likely going to get more for our AR's than what we have into them. Unless you are one that has $1,800.00 or more into your rifle, then you are going to take it in the shorts and not recoup your money. Its like anything in the rifle world. Buy it right and you don't ever have to worry about losing money on the deal.. I honestly think the guys that way overspent on chidt, are the ones complaining about others "franken rifles", so to speak..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since it’s obvious your whole point in this thread is to stir the pot, I’ll go ahead and give you what you want.

People don’t like you calling your home built rifle a Noveske because it’s not.

A Noveske rifle is a rifle made by Noveske. If you’re isn’t made by Noveske, it’s not a Noveske rifle. And the people who point that out aren’t “mad” that they spent more than you. They just recognize that words have meanings and should be used appropriately.

I follow a local guy who sells $6000 rocking chairs. If I build a rocking chair that looks like his, from the same material as his, then it will be a great rocking chair. But it will not be a Morley Rocker. And calling it such would be unfair to Morley and to the hard work that I put into it myself.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I posted this 4 days ago and they are still in stock.

That's longer than I expected.

I'll take that as a positive sign.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I follow a local guy who sells $6000 rocking chairs. If I build a rocking chair that looks like his, from the same material as his, then it will be a great rocking chair. But it will not be a Morley Rocker. And calling it such would be unfair to Morley and to the hard work that I put into it myself.

I actually built a Sam Maloof style rocking chair. I don't call it a Maloof rocker, but I do call it a Maloof style rocker to give him credit for the design. I actually built it using plans from Charles Brock and I ain't calling it a Brock rocker, though Chuck Rocker does not sound bad.

I picked up a couple of those BCM blem uppers back when they were $50. Have one mated to a Ruger AR556 lower and is currently my primary AR. Not many Ruger parts left on that one, so I would not call it a Ruger anymore, but the lower and upper mate up well. I have another BCM upper matched to a Spikes lower, and it happens to be the sloppiest fit of all my ARs.

As foe the thermal fit, it does not take much heat to get the barrel on.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, if you have a Criterion barrel mounted to an Anderson upper receiver you sure as heck ain't going to call it a Mustang.

For a real contentious topic, consider how many ways a hammer spring can be installed....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, longer than I expected too, but not sure about what it says.

Either we're near the end of general shortages, which I kind of doubt, the shortage of uppers hasn't been too severe, or maybe there's just enough shortages of other components (like barrels) that people are trying to get those items as a higher priority.................I dunno, just guessing.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yeah, longer than I expected too, but not sure about what it says.

Either we're near the end of general shortages, which I kind of doubt, the shortage of uppers hasn't been too severe, or maybe there's just enough shortages of other components (like barrels) that people are trying to get those items as a higher priority.................I dunno, just guessing.

MM

MM, I don't think we're near the end, allthough I've noticed some prices coming down on ammo.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Picked one up just for kicks and giggles and will start looking for a decent 80% lower for it to rest on. Time to start accumulating parts and scratching my head to figure it all out.... Any ideas for the best bang for buck components for an accurate AR for someone who doesn't compete and will probably use it for coyotes, vermin, and paper?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Sheister
Picked one up just for kicks and giggles and will start looking for a decent 80% lower for it to rest on. Time to start accumulating parts and scratching my head to figure it all out.... Any ideas for the best bang for buck components for an accurate AR for someone who doesn't compete and will probably use it for coyotes, vermin, and paper?

Bob

Very nice barrel for the dough. Backordered of course... personally I would go rifle gas....

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/spr-barrels-mid-rifle-gas-7-8-twist.html

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
“ Any ideas for the best bang for buck components for an accurate AR for someone who doesn't compete and will probably use it for coyotes, vermin, and paper?”

I’m thinking you’re about 6 months too late to be picky.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
“ Any ideas for the best bang for buck components for an accurate AR for someone who doesn't compete and will probably use it for coyotes, vermin, and paper?”

I’m thinking you’re about 6 months too late to be picky.

Perhaps, but I'm in no hurry and I'm pretty patient for decent prices. Hopefully, Biden won't shut down the industry while I'm shopping....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Two affordable grips in stock rt now. One with a compartment (BCM), one very lightweight without a compartment (MFT).

Both are really very comfortable and... no finger grooves! I hate finger grooves.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/bcm-gfgmod-3-blk-pistol-grip-mod-3.html

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018123059

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by auk1124
Two affordable grips in stock rt now. One with a compartment (BCM), one very lightweight without a compartment (MFT).

Both are really very comfortable and... no finger grooves! I hate finger grooves.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/bcm-gfgmod-3-blk-pistol-grip-mod-3.html

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018123059

That's one grip.

Friends don't let friends order from Optics Planet

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Had 8 of 9 orders from Optics Planet work out just fine since December. One was a bit of a clusterfuuck, but, eventually received the Criterion barrel, that was mostly unobtainium elsewhere. The other orders, showing in stock, not a limited quantity available like the barrel, shipped within 24hrs.

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Had 8 of 9 orders from Optics Planet work out just fine since December. One was a bit of a clusterfuuck, but, eventually received the Criterion barrel, that was mostly unobtainium elsewhere. The other orders, showing in stock, not a limited quantity available like the barrel, shipped within 24hrs.

Glad to hear they are getting the message that people don't like to be lied to about things being "in stock".

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Glad to hear they are getting the message that people don't like to be lied to about things being "in stock".

Have no idea. Just don't order if it says limited quantity remaining, or if it's critical to you, LOL! Not my favorite outfit, but, they definitely get some product thru...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Received my "blem/used" upper in the mail today. Looks completely new. Thanks to AS for the heads up.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by RufusG
Received my "blem/used" upper in the mail today. Looks completely new. Thanks to AS for the heads up.

100% agreed, I thought it was stripped, so I ordered the forward assist and dost cover,, It came with these items, so now I have extra!

I couldn't find a blemish on it anywhere,

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Your welcome gents.
I'm still waiting for mine, should be here in a few more days.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Received mine today today it looks flawless to my eye.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I forgot to add this update earlier.

I received the two I ordered. They are very good, but and I can see why they are seconds.

On one there's a small section where the anodizing is off, and the other had some fine handling marks.

After applying some Kroils with a soft cloth these "blemishes" went away, and now they look flawless.

And yes, BCM included the forward assist and dust cover.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sounds great AS. Thanks for the heads up and details..

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 69 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.