Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If heeding 2.815" confines and talking Lightweight,it's no thang to rebarrel a Montucky and cut to the fhuqking chase. Hint.

I'd certainly not want 264 Kreedmire COAL "latitude" that trite,no matter the price. Hint.

Nor a 243Win or 243 Kreedmire. Hint.

Oooooopsie!

Laughing!.................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

LarryO!!! Aka bacon throat, you gonna shoot anything but your imagination and pretend??? Haha 😂😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Does this expanded military contract mean that H1000 and retumbo are going to be tough to find for another 5 years? I believe they spec'd those 2 powders specifically for the 300 and 338 ammo.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Does this expanded military contract mean that H1000 and retumbo are going to be tough to find for another 5 years? I believe they spec'd those 2 powders specifically for the 300 and 338 ammo.

Bb

I see H1000 in stock online occasionally and actually bought 5 pounds 2 weeks ago. Retumbo on the other hand is rare to find online.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so Melting Snowflake Crying Karens can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Oooooopsie!

700 box,compared to Robbie's. Hint.

Laughing!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
In my opinion two "factory" rifles have made custom rifles a luxury instead of a need (for reasons that Larry and Jay pointed out; magazine length, twist rates, stock, high QC, triggers, fasteners, bedding, accuracy, etc.)

Light weight rifle - Barrett Fieldcraft

Sporter weight rifle - Seekins Havok

I've had many friends that aren't into rifles shoot one of my rigs and ask how to go about getting a custom. I always point them in the direction of Barrett or Seekins depending on their needs.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mechanics just "happen" to "matter". Hint.(grin)

I've seen a critique by me,very much align the purchase of many others...if only to the perpetual chagrin of Crying Karens the world over. Which never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LarryO!!! Hog neck, how’s the stock ergonomics for ya?? 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
In my opinion two "factory" rifles have made custom rifles a luxury instead of a need (for reason that Larry and Jay pointed out; magazine length, twist rates, stock, high QC, triggers, fasteners, bedding, accuracy, etc.)

I've had many friends that aren't into rifles shoot one of my rigs and ask how to go about getting a custom. I always point them in the direction of Barrett or Seekins depending on their needs.

Right now a really interesting sporter and lightweight pair would be the Seekins Havak PH2 and the Seekins Havak Element, both in 6.5 PRC. Seekins put a little thought to it with an extended detachable mag for the PRC with a 3.14" length.

I'd like to play with one of the Element rifles. Neat concept with the aluminum action. It's light, I do think the stock will be a little bulkier than I prefer on a lightweight when carrying it in my hand.....I'd like to prove myself wrong though.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by ctsmith
In my opinion two "factory" rifles have made custom rifles a luxury instead of a need (for reason that Larry and Jay pointed out; magazine length, twist rates, stock, high QC, triggers, fasteners, bedding, accuracy, etc.)

Right now a really interesting sporter and lightweight pair would be the Seekins Havak PH2 and the Seekins Havak Element, both in 6.5 PRC. Seekins put a little thought to it with an extended detachable mag for the PRC with a 3.14" length.

I'd like to play with one of the Element rifles. Neat concept with the aluminum action. It's light, I do think the stock will be a little bulkier than I prefer on a lightweight when carrying it in my hand.....I'd like to prove myself wrong though.

I lust after an Element...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've long liked Glen and he gets alotta schit REALLY right,mainly because he fhuqking actually shoots. Quite the novel approach,given most of the Industry! Hint.(grin)

The 264 PRICK don't do much for me and I'd personally be slow to creep away from AICS footprint mags and DBM inlets. I'd happily go to lesser case length,to eek more boolit and binderless AICS DBM's for me,there. The .284" Hornie 190gr Beer Can steals alotta "thunder",not that a 284-264 PRICK wouldn't do nice thangs at 3.140" COAL latitude,with same(understatement). Tough to forget all of that great brass in S/A .473" boltface though. Hint.

Which reminds me,I've a new 7mm laying in wait to be assembled,if only to multiple Crying Karen chagrins. Hint.

Laughing!................

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jay and Greg, agree, got to have an Element.

And I'm the gay Creedmor dude from Bama so the AICS mag for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
prodigious twig, think I saw your youtube videos. Your long range footage, very concise and pretty good. Maybe use VLC and "merge" them, or just make longer ones.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
There’s multiple prototype Fieldcrafts for auction right now on gunbroker . 6.5 Grendel , 5.56 , and a 308(not sure the difference on this one from standard production)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting. I guess those are the mini actions?? The SN’s are within the standard FC serial number range, so not sure. think I’ll stick with the FC 22-250 and 6.5 CM.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
There’s multiple prototype Fieldcrafts for auction right now on gunbroker . 6.5 Grendel , 5.56 , and a 308(not sure the difference on this one from standard production)

16" barrels- wow.

I purchased an old stock Forbes 280AI from Outpost, they were fine to deal with. Interesting they are lower serial numbers!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
What’s going to be interesting is the price once they hit the shelves again after folks paying ridiculous prices for them.

Yeah, everybody remembers the fire sale prices of $1200-$1300.........but not the original street price of $1700-$1800.

Given the last few years and future inflation, the street price of future Fieldcraft production will probably be well north of $2000 without any untoward markup by Barrett, and then everybody will scream "It's a nice rifle but not worth that much!" Barrett is probably taking that into consideration..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Interesting. I guess those are the mini actions?? The SN’s are within the standard FC serial number range, so not sure. think I’ll stick with the FC 22-250 and 6.5 CM.

Kinda looks that way.
The grendel has a sticker on it indicating fall of 2018.
Pretty neat little rig.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Does the Barrett Family have some sort of ownership stake in Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro?

I think they do but don't know for certain.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I reached out to Barrett yesterday through the “Contact us” form on their website. Guess that pretty much settles it.

Attached Images

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,486
Posts18,451,994
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.