Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Schools don't stop bullying. Most teachers were bullies themselves.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Meet me at the bike racks, that’s what we used to say.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
School is where I learned a little kid like me could kick a big kids azz and hurt him real good.
Also figured out if you hurt them good enough, retaliation wasn't a concern.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid, the teacher was a bully.

But once the PE teacher, Mr. Curry, took on a little guy, Sam Hyde, that gave Mr. Curry a black eye.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The treatment for bullying is for the little kids to take karate so that they can fight back.
Of course this never occurs to Libs because they abhor violence.

karate is worthless in a fight , especially as a kid

All of our Dad's taught us to box when we were kids. My Dad bought a heavy bag and speed bag. He just said punch as hard as you can in the nose hopefully head on and keep punching if he falls down on the ground. Punching in the nuts was encouraged. My sister was taught the same. If you get days off he would supports us.Pretty much the norm. Schit got settled quick and moved on. If you got beat up the important thing was you stood up. No social media back then though

And Wrestling was the best thing learn growing up, None of the bullies would pick on you if you knew how to wrestle. But wrestling is too much work now and scarey .

Easier to go cry to your parents and be a weak victim

Last edited by ribka; 04/09/21.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up on "The Nation" west of Tucson. Very few white kids in school. Fought a different kid every recess. Sometimes two at lunch break.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Schools don't stop bullying. Most teachers were bullies themselves.

In the 60's and 70's a lot of the male teachers were combat vets from Korea and Vietnam. Funny they didn't take any schit from the male bully students. The bullies knew that and tended to leave them alone.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Grandsons and other kids in the neighborhood were being bullied by an older kid. Daughter started working through the school. I ponied up the tuition and enrolled the boys in Tae Kwon Do. Bullying quickly stopped.

Be not weary in well doing.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We had a couple bullies in high school that I stayed very clear of. One was an all-state offensive guard, well over 200 lb and very strong. The other was a thug but equally strong. They were way out of my league for fighting back.

Bullies only pick on people who they think won't fight back. I don't care how big and tough they are if you give them a bloody nose in front of others they will find somebody else to bully.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Sometimes a very small kid has no chance in a physical battle with a much larger/older bully.

I did the punch him in the nose as hard as I could, and the big lummox just laughed. The beating I took was no worse, but they didn’t stop either. School admin was no fuuking help, the bullies doubled their attacks. Enough so that I walked a mile and a half out of my way to avoid the azzholes.
The only thing that worked, was my dad took me to work with him on weekends when he had side jobs rehabbing and flipping FHA homes and small commercial jobs or home remodels/additions.
I went from about 85lbs to 120lbs of work hardened muscle in two summers.
The first day of school one of the many bullies looking to establish his spot in the pecking order, wound up bruised and bleeding from both ears. The crowd pulled me off him as I wasn’t looking to see that he was unconscious.
Miraculously the bullying stopped. Amazing.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 04/09/21.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, don't raise sissies, only trouble i got into in school short of throwing a smart assed agri teacher down the bleachers was picking on bullies, didn't like either then, and still dont.

Fu-king with someone just because you can is not a good reason.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
teach your kids to fight. That solves most bullying situations

Sam......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"We tried all the school bullshut none of it worked. Taught my son how to punch and a few basic throws. Told him never to start the fight but if he was in one to finish it. The bullying began one day after recess my son from I what I can gather threw / tossed one of the bullies against a wall where he fell onto a boot rack and began to cry.

Bullying ended there and then. No consequence for our son.

Bullying ended the way it always does, stand up to the bully, if you can’t beat him at least be an “expensive meal”.

All this liberal bs does not work."

That says it all, grf. The little kid has to fight back. Bullies want to see that fear in the little kid's eyes, they want him to run away scared. If the bully knows he might get hit he will go looking for another victim.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I am 58 years old and many years since my last recess but I remember recess is where kids learn to deal with bullies on their own terms.
Bullies these days are not mostly the kid that walks up and slams you in the back of your head. They are kids that pound on other kids on social media.
Banning recess is just another example of how they punish everyone for the bad behavior of a few they cant or wont deal with.

Bullying isn't anything new, but we have to be a more sensitive society.

It is funny how we are told to embrace the Muslims because you can't judge them by the actions of a few lunatics, but we need to ban firearms because of the actions of a few lunatics.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When I was in elementary school back in the 1960s, recess (which was outside unless it was raining) was like The Lord of the Flies, LOL. If you were a fight fan, you usually had several choices to spectate, and teachers supposedly supervising recess couldn't care less. In defense, though, most of these fights were mostly friendly, mostly.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Interesting perspectives here.

For frame of reference I’m in my early 40s. I was picked on a lot in school. I moved from a small rural school where I went to school with kids whose parents went to school with my parents. Families went back several generations in that area minimum. In middle school I moved to a different state. More suburban environment. Turned me into a very introverted kid, I read a lot and spent a lot of time in the woods by myself or with one or 2 of my very few friends. I was in the gifted program and spent a fair bit of time in classes with upper classmen. The “bullying” wasn’t physical. That’s easily handled enough. Say what you want, but cruelty from your peers and the opposite sex even when only in the form of mockery and teasing when your a kid is a tough thing to deal with. I wish it were as simple as someone trying to fight me. Wasn’t until my sophomore year I started working on a ranch out in MT that I finally said fugk it. I don’t care about school or the shidthole state I was in. I was trying to hold myself to impossible standards that no one else seemed to care about.

I had good teachers along the way for SURE! But I also had a lot of bad ones who cared more about the athletes or pretty people and not only was their scholarly instruction sorely lacking, the leadership they should have provided was totally absent.

Yes, I grabbed a guy by the throat and slammed the back of his head against a locker sir saying unkind things about my sister when I was a senior. Big deal. That was a very simple (and extremely gratifying) situation.

As a Dad (the highest calling ANY man can have) I told my kids I have their back in any situation, and not to tolerate any cruelty from classmates. Rise above it, but if it comes to blows don’t stop until someone pulls you off. But being picked on and made to feel like crap is not an easy situation to fix unless you homeschool.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullies are easy targets and not hard to outsmart.

Two events from younger years: Buddy in Jr High had a cast on his broken right arm. Punk decides it’s time to beat him but wound up with a broken jaw. Chin meet cast. The other was a gang melee that came to a peaceful conclusion when a good guy on the gym roof dropped a cinder block on one of the bad guys that was gonna “keel” me. Hard to do when one’s shoulder is shattered.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They should gather up homeschool kids and make them fight like gladiators once a year. Get their deserved societal come-uppins.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My older brother had a birth defect that left him missing half of one leg. They had him fitted with a prosthesis as soon as he was old enough to start walking. When he was about 7 or 8, he need surgery and was on crutches for a few weeks. The neighbor kid was a bully and kept trying to knock him off the crutches. After a few times of that, my brother took a crutch and cold conked the kid. Out cold. No more of that crap.

In later years, we would have neighborhood football games. My brother was on the small side so he didn't try to tackle anyone. He'd stick out that damned leg and trip you. It was like getting hit in the shins with a baseball bat. MAN that hurt.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anytime someone mentions the word bully it reminds me of Elmer Kieths book “Hell, I was there”. The story about the bully in the book was very entertaining. I’ve retold the story many times. The book should be required reading.

Last edited by 222ND; 04/09/21.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

582 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,279
Posts18,448,505
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.