Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are they limiting purchases?

So many rounds/boxes a week per person/household?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name. I said, what does my name have to do with me being 21? Lol.

I told him they could keep that aluminum case ammo.

Some of the gun stores are helping to push this government overreach schit. It's obviously better for them if every single firearm purchase has to come through them. But, it's completely annoying.

Sounds like something Walmart would do.

But they don’t

So in the end, it’s good ole Peepaw at the LGS stickin it to American gun owner. Probably got that aluminum ammo for his shelves by sending his retarded nephew to go stand in line at 7am at Academy Sports and yet again, cock block the everyday hunters and shooters.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
When asked, I always told em I was gonna shoot it in a machine gun. (Regardless of cartridge)

That’s as much as telling autozone you need a distributor for a 70 Plymouth Superbird with a 440 sixpack. 😃

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Son saw a brick of 22's at Walmart today.

We have plenty, let someone else have them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Cretch
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Back when I was a teenager, all ammo purchases had to be logged in to a book at the gun store. I believe it was federal law at the time.

I don't recall exactly when it was stopped, but it used to be the law. That was in the 1970s.

Couldn't have been a federal law. In Indiana, I never had to show ID to buy ammo in the 70's.

Apparently the the GCA of 1968 required a log of all pistol ammo sales including 22 rimfire. The 1986 GOPA repealed the requirement.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20120726/federalammunitionregulation2012

"...…...The Gun Control Act of 1968 required federal licensing for all ammunition dealers, and required that a record be kept on all handgun ammunition sales by retailers—including the popular .22 rimfire cartridges. The requirements proved to be such a heavy burden on retailers that in 1982, Congress removed .22 caliber rimfire ammunition from the record-keeping requirement.

Even with that change, the value of ammunition sales licensing and record keeping was doubted by many, including the nation's top firearms law enforcement officials. In 1984, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee concluded that ammunition dealer licensing "was not necessary to facilitate legitimate Federal law enforcement interests."1 In 1986, the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms supported eliminating the record keeping requirement: "The Bureau and the [Treasury] Department have recognized that current recordkeeping requirements for ammunition have no substantial law enforcement value."2 As a result, the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 repealed the ammunition restrictions, with little opposition despite heated debate over other provisions of the bill...….."

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
waldos near me has zero ammo. not one single round. and only about 4 or 5 mossberg tomato stakes. but they did have a giant pecan log roll in the checkout line that i have been gnawing on for a few days. getting ready to do a wilford brimly here in a bit.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cretch
Back when I was a teenager, all ammo purchases had to be logged in to a book at the gun store. I believe it was federal law at the time.

I don't recall exactly when it was stopped, but it used to be the law. That was in the 1970s.

Couldn't have been a federal law. In Indiana, I never had to show ID to buy ammo in the 70's.

Apparently the the GCA of 1968 required a log of all pistol ammo sales including 22 rimfire. The 1986 GOPA repealed the requirement.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20120726/federalammunitionregulation2012

"...…...The Gun Control Act of 1968 required federal licensing for all ammunition dealers, and required that a record be kept on all handgun ammunition sales by retailers—including the popular .22 rimfire cartridges. The requirements proved to be such a heavy burden on retailers that in 1982, Congress removed .22 caliber rimfire ammunition from the record-keeping requirement.

Even with that change, the value of ammunition sales licensing and record keeping was doubted by many, including the nation's top firearms law enforcement officials. In 1984, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee concluded that ammunition dealer licensing "was not necessary to facilitate legitimate Federal law enforcement interests."1 In 1986, the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms supported eliminating the record keeping requirement: "The Bureau and the [Treasury] Department have recognized that current recordkeeping requirements for ammunition have no substantial law enforcement value."2 As a result, the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 repealed the ammunition restrictions, with little opposition despite heated debate over other provisions of the bill...….."

I remember this as well. Just shows our age. Most on here would not recognize a pay phone. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
nothing to do with gun shops but a friend and his golf buddy used to give the names Harry Foreskinotto and Al Prepuce ( look up prepuce) at the golf course in the morning and they would blare it over the loudspeaker when it was their tee time, he got a real kick out of it, him telling the story and laughing hysterically was even better, lol

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You go girl, I’m sure an opinion from a knucklehead in Oregon of all places will convince them to change.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I might just give them a call.. I don't hold back. In person or on the phone.. If they are a stupid mother fugger, you call it a stupid mother fugger. Like a skunk is a skunk.. No denying some people are a waste of air..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For any shop to do that is just wrong.

The ammo sign book thing went away a long time ago.

Glad you walked and so should other around there.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see this happening to me without the whole damn incident being made public, ie: names, business, location.

This is the kind of [bleep] that Patriot's need to call out.

Last edited by MPat70; 04/09/21.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ok into the 80's.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Weston Arms & Shooting Range
(116)
Gun shop in Davie, FloridaClosed
31+
OverviewReviewsPhotosAbout
CALL
DIRECTIONS
SAVE
WEBSITE
In-store shopping
7080 FL-84, Davie, FL 33317
Map of weston arms & shooting range
Closed ⋅ Opens 10AM Sat
(954) 792-1911

Give them a call and voice your concerns.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dox the [bleep] out of them

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hell, in a few places one has to go through a full background check to buy ammo. It is what it is, BS. Depends on where one lives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LD,

I don't blame you.
Have you heard about the effbee eye showing up for interrogation of customers who make " sizable"purchases? Some of the sporting goods shops call them on their customers, then investigate. Crazy times. There's certain people who always want to know what honest people own for some strange reason

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Be sure to run home and tell your Mommy about the mean old lady at the gun shop who aske you your name. Some guys sure know how to make much ado about the most trivial stuff !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Are they limiting purchases? So many rounds/boxes a week per person/household?
That's the only thing that makes sense. They are keeping a record for their own use to limit hoarding purchasers. There may be more than one clerk and they are trying to be fair to the whole community. I believe I would not assume the worst. They could double the price and gouge hell out of the customers who would probably pay it. Call the man and ask what's up, all he wanted to know was the name. The clerk may be clueless.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
LD,

I don't blame you.
Have you heard about the effbee eye showing up for interrogation of customers who make " sizable"purchases? Some of the sporting goods shops call them on their customers, then investigate. Crazy times. There's certain people who always want to know what honest people own for some strange reason

When I read about local dirt's experience, I imagined that there was probably an ATF or FBI agent in the back room peering out through mirrored glass or watching the customers on camera...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Be sure to run home and tell your Mommy about the mean old lady at the gun shop who aske you your name. Some guys sure know how to make much ado about the most trivial stuff !

They'd throw you out for walking in.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.