Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Cabelas had some cci instock today. It was the cci AR stuff. This similar to the Cci sv?

I believe the cci AR stuff had a copper was on the bullet, whereas the SV was straight lead.

Shot some of the AR stuff from some more consistently accurate rifles and wasn’t much better than standard bulk ammo.

GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
CCI mini mag is all I shoot.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was out yesterday shooting my Smith M41. All shot pretty well given my ability but I am not surprised at how Blazer shot. Quite often a solid round in my rimfires. All groups are 10 shots at 25 yards.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by EdM
I was out yesterday shooting my Smith M41. All shot pretty well given my ability but I am not surprised at how Blazer shot. Quite often a solid round in my rimfires. All groups are 10 shots at 25 yards.

Blazer is never first in my several .22 rifles, but it's often 3rd or 4th in the line-up of inexpensive, good shooting ammo. My 10/22 with a GM barrel thinks it's hot stuff, and so does a little CZ 512, it's like 2nd in the Ruger. Pretty good stuff for cheap bucks.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've found the Federal Auto match to be pretty decent stuff and your target backs that up.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have had good luck with American Eagle. When I was younger it was some of the cheapest and was about $7 for a 400 round brick. We shot tons of rabbits with it because it was cheap.

Through sighting in scopes I discovered it was usually pretty accurate. It's more money now but I still have 3-4 4000 rd cases on the shelf. I buy the 38g hp but the 40g solid shoots well too.

I just bought a christensen Ranger 22 today so next week I hope to get out and see if I can find a round it likes. I just threw about 15 different boxes in an ammo can for the range trip. I'm hoping it'll shoot the AE 38g hp.

Bb

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve been shooting a lot of CCI suppressor. Stupid accuarate out of my CZ bolt gun. About 13 months ago I bought a bunch of the RWS subsonic HP and it shoots nearly as good. I wish I’d bought 10x as many.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I also have had good luck with the Blazer shells in my 541-T HB. Amazingly, it also shoots the Winchester 36 gr. hollow points really well!

Like it has been mentioned before, it's all about what the rifle likes.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by EdM

Good shooting EdM. Smith 41's are awesome pistols.
I was curious, have you tried RWS Subsonics out of your 41? Mine loved that round.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Last year I donated 2 bricks of Remington Thunderbolts to the Local Boy Scout council for camp use. I heard later they scalped them and didn't let the kids shoot. Mb

Well, wasn't that just white of them.

Smart indians, knew that chidt didn't fly straight and was mostly duds anyway... I thought we were talking about "good shooting 22lr" anyway, not garbage 22lr?...

BSA you old dog any 22lr ammo is good shooting at regular price if you can find any mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have found CCI standard for target and Mini Mags if I want higher velocity for most of my rifles. I really liked Win T-22 white box but hasn't been made for years. When Win went to grey box just wasn't the same. My Marlin 39A liked the Federal bulk packs for silhouette.

NRA Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Depends on what your guns shoots best at whatever price point you set. My price point was 25-35$/brick of 500 back before hoarding and panic buying kicked in.

During my 2700 handgun bullseye competition days, my go-to 22 LR ammo was CCI std velocity. It shot well in my S&W 41, Hammerli Xesse, and Ruger Mark II.

Aguila std velocity also shot well. Others that shot "ok" were: Federal Match ( red box, but not the super high-end stuff), a big step down but decent and "competitive" ( depending on you classification) was CCI Blazer and Federal.auto match.

You just have to try different brands in your firearm. Not too much to choose from in this political ammo climate. Hopefully in a year or two we will have some normalcy.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Federal Gold Medal Target and CCI Stardard Velocity Target are consistently accurate for me.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
CCI Standard has been consistently good along with AutoMatch but I stocked up on Norma Match when it was cheap. It shoots a bit better than CCI, in the rifles I've compared.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only American made rimfire ammo that I've found to be usable has been CCI and it isn't great. Winchester and Remington have been just horrible, unusable. Sometimes Federal is passable, probably because it's owned by the same company as CCI, ATK. Eley, SK, Lapua, and RWS are much better quality, along with higher pricing for most of it. Since I hunt squirrels and rabbits and don't try any sort of competitive shooting CCI works well enough, favorite being Subsonic Hollowpoint. Given plenty of money I'd like to stock up on the European rounds.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.