Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It wasn't a homicide. The medical examiner bowed to the left and twisted all the findings and still couldn't justifiably find homicide but that's what he did. Federal, State and Local governments have spent millions trying to satisfy the bloodlust of the propaganda artists in the MSM and BLM crowds. In what world does the MSM lie in order to fan the flames of derision rather than tell the truth?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
They may try and play riots that way but I say it backfires on them either way. They tried to set up a scenario where "everything's better" now that Trump is gone. People are fatigued. They don't want more unrest. They're sick of the lock downs. If the Dems let the riots happen, they can try to spin it all they want but it won't matter. They'll be seen as "no better than Trump." And if they do crack down, the mob will turn on their masters. It's a no win scenario. And it sets the stage to take back the House, hopefully before they can rig all the local elections too.

I'm not so sure the Dems really have control of these thugs that are rioting and burning the cities.

do they want it?

Well they want control of everything else, so yeah, I think they would like control of the rioters. But I don't think they have it.

They have it.

The rioters are employees, not pissed off minorities. The majority of BLM members are White college grad women.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It all boils down to the fact that when you’re arrested get
In the cop car peacefully , and there would be a problem!

DUH!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Some more speculation. Floyd purportedly weighed 230 lbs and was big, while Chauvin was small, about 150, say 165 with his belt etc. Chauvin also didn’t have his full weight on Floyd IICR. Say he had half — ~ 80+ — on Floyd. Where exactly was that knee?

If on mid-back, I doubt it kept Floyd from breathing completely. And if on the neck, as long as the mouth or nostrils are unobstructed, and the trachea not crushed (it’s not just a floppy tube without rigidity due to the many cartilaginous rings), I doubt Floyd could not respire. At least some.

But, the autopsy showed some pulmonary edema which occurs in at least 10% of opioid overdoses. PE and cardiac failure are like the chicken and the egg in some of these cases as to which came first. Does not matter here; it was drug-induced. He was complaining of not be able to breath long before lying prone on the pavement.

Odds are he would have succumbed before hitting the ER doors if on his own.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think each juror should have Chauvin kneel on them for 10 minutes before making their vote. Assuming they all survive, which is likely.

God Bless America
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes indeed, if you have any brains, let a lawyer do the "fighting".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whelenman
It all boils down to the fact that when you’re arrested get
In the cop car peacefully , and there would be a problem!

DUH!!

What it really all boils down to is this...........The Negro brain simply cannot understand that there are laws that people are supposed to follow, instead their brains are still being controlled by jungle DNA that has yet to make the jump from jungle to civilization.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was busy yesterday pm so had to record the cross-exam of the medical examiner (ME) and watched it this morning. The defense scored some points, just how many and how effective they will be is questionable. He's what I got from the testimony yesterday and some questions I would have liked asked by the defense:

The ME put down the officail cause of death as a homicide (as the term is used medically, not legally - meaning death caused by the actions of another). He noted on his official cause of death that it was complicated (other contributing causes) by Mr. Floyd having an enlarged heart (most likely caused by high blood pressure), artery blockages (70% and 90%) to the heart and high levels of fentanyl and meth in his system. In the cross-examination, he admitted that in some cases, the artery blockages and drug levels alone are enough to cause death by themselves and that he has made conclusions to that effect on other autopsies which he has performed. He stated that he did not see the video when he started his autopsy (not wanting to be biased) but had seen it after the autopsy and before making his determination of the cause of death. He had been told, however, that Mr. Floyd had been in an altercation with police and restraint involving force to his neck/shoulder area was used.

What I would have liked the defense attny to have asked: (which weren't)

- Could you tell, or did you calculate how much force or weight Mr. Chauvin was putting on Mr. Floyd at various times while Mr. Floyd was being restrained on the ground?

- If a man in Mr. Floyd's condition, as you found him on the date of your autopsy, was to have undergone a medical procedure to correct his artery disease and had died from a mistake or miscalculation of his Dr., would a death like that be considered a homicide, accident, or natural causes? I'm guessing the answer would have been it would not be a homicide. (The correlation being an argument that unlike a Dr. in such a scenario, Mr. Chauvin would have no way of knowing of Mr. Floyd's contributing factors/medical conditions. Such knowledge might have been useful in order for Officer Chauvin to factor in or help determine what level of restraint was unsafe for Mr. Floyd.

- Absent the complications/other contributing factors which you noted in your report, would you expect the type of restraint used on Mr. Floyd to be fatal to an otherwise healthy person of Mr. Floyd's age and size? (Probably would yield an objection but even if allowed or not, it would put that question in the jury's mind.)

- Mr. ME, I see you met with PD detectives, people from State Gov't and the FBI, (which he did) before issuing your cause of death; did anyone put any pressure on you to come to your conclusion of this being a homicide? (Having been in State Gov't myself, I know that in cases/projects that the State has an interest in the outcome, considerable pressure can be brought to bear.Though rarely is that done via letters or memos - no paper trail. Having to answer under threat of perjury might have gotten an honest answer.)

- When making your determination of the cause of death, did you think about the social or political consequences if you were to make a determination other than, homicide by the actions of the police? (Plant that seed of doubt. Some in the jury might not see how such a thought would not be a consideration, consciously or unconsciously.)

IMO, what hurt the defense is on the re-direct the prosecutor got the ME say that despite all of Mr. Floyd's health issues and drug usage that the ME felt the major cause of death was the force used by the police. His conclusion, therefore, is that had the police not used that level of force on Mr. Floyd, he would have survived the encounter. That may not be accurate, but it is a pretty definitive statement and could be one given plenty of weight by the jury.

The defense better have a slew of qualified and renowned ME's and experts coming up with differing conclusions as to cause of death. I would expect that they do, but they will also likely have the stigma of being paid for their testimony. IMO if the defense does not have such witnesses, Mr. Chauvin is likely going up the river.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by cooper57m

They weren't asked, because Chauvin's attorney *isn't* a moron.

Liberals like you are causing a reconsideration of the old "better ta be judged by 12" adage.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by cooper57m

They weren't asked, because Chauvin's attorney *isn't* a moron.

Liberals like you are causing a reconsideration of the old "better ta be judged by 12" adage.
crazy

LOL

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Overcharged for street cred.

If the jury follows the standard of our system, he walks. Either way, you’ll see riots. Unless he swings the populace will not be satisfied.

The woke whites will drive the violence. Book it.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
They may try and play riots that way but I say it backfires on them either way. They tried to set up a scenario where "everything's better" now that Trump is gone. People are fatigued. They don't want more unrest. They're sick of the lock downs. If the Dems let the riots happen, they can try to spin it all they want but it won't matter. They'll be seen as "no better than Trump." And if they do crack down, the mob will turn on their masters. It's a no win scenario. And it sets the stage to take back the House, hopefully before they can rig all the local elections too.

I'm not so sure the Dems really have control of these thugs that are rioting and burning the cities.

These people are nothing more than Democrat Party mercenaries. But if they push things too far and the Dems try to crack down, they'll lose control of the monster.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
From reading the news you'd think it's a slam dunk for the prosecution. The news is fuggin' horrible.

How long is the trial supposed to go?

The liberal media loves to force feed their beliefs of what they want to happen, will happen for their viewers.

It’s a strategy they use to get their *woke* viewers hopes up, and when the opposite happens on what they’ve been reporting....It’s outrage and calls for No Justice - No Peace !

It’s a game the media plays to light the wick of social violence in the streets. Mucho good for their business model.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
From reading the news you'd think it's a slam dunk for the prosecution. The news is fuggin' horrible.

The liberal media loves to force feed their beliefs of what they want to happen, will happen for their viewers.

It’s a strategy they use to get their *woke* viewers hopes up, and when the opposite happens on what they’ve been reporting....It’s outrage and calls for No Justice - No Peace !

It’s a game the media plays to light the wick of social violence in the streets. Mucho good for their business model.

🦫

Like "leaking" that Chauvin was going to take a please for ten years?

Lol.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

Like "leaking" that Chauvin was going to take a please for ten years?

Lol.

Prezactly !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Cumminmecowboy be like: “Oh yeah that makes sense. Carotid artery’s. Blah, blah, blah.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Chauvin will walk" I hope and pray. He didn't murder anyone that day. Hell, it wasn't even negligent injury. Sorry to say folks, but taking a man into custody is a rough contact sport and risky business for everybody involved. Living a life of criminal activity, smoking, using dope, not treating High BP, having clogged arteries, all that stuff can kill you when you start getting upset and irrational with the police and they are way more interested in the crowd milling around shrieking at them than are a handcuffed subject. Defecation occurs (aka S H).

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
"Chauvin will walk" I hope and pray. He didn't murder anyone that day. Hell, it wasn't even negligent injury. Sorry to say folks, but taking a man into custody is a rough contact sport and risky business for everybody involved. Living a life of criminal activity, smoking, using dope, not treating High BP, having clogged arteries, all that stuff can kill you when you start getting upset and irrational with the police and they are way more interested in the crowd milling around shrieking at them than are a handcuffed subject. Defecation occurs (aka S H).

He should walk, but the jury has their instructions regardless of the evidence.
He will not walk, for various reasons, but facts and justice are not among them.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can he be convicted of murder, when at its worst it was manslaughter?
The cartoon continues until it will be "That's all folks"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
How can he be convicted of murder, when at its worst it was manslaughter?
The cartoon continues until it will be "That's all folks"

How?

Our Justice System is corrupt and has been politicized.

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (450yukon, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 35sambar, 345dl, 25 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.