-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A lot of people like the “idea” of eating fish, but not eating real fish. Hence the popularity of tilapia.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m on week four of our Lent fast. Fish for dinner every night. I like fish, but I’d almost kill for a steak right now.

Easter and the week following are going to be spectacular.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate to tell you this, but Easter was April 4th - almost two weeks ago.

Unless it comes later in Canada.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t like for fish to taste like fish smell. If a beef steak tasted like cow schiet and fly dope you probably wouldn’t be frequenting the steakhouse. Some fish is clean and mild tasting and sometimes you get a piece that tastes like you’re eating the whole fish scales, guts, and all. I think this is what is referred to when referencing a “fishy” taste.
The inside shouldn’t taste like the outside, generally speaking about any kind of meat.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I hate to tell you this, but Easter was April 4th - almost two weeks ago.

Unless it comes later in Canada.

Orthodox Easter is a month later this year.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've always been Unorthodox...

As to "fishy" taste, there's a difference between fresh fishy and semi-spoiled fishy. I fully concur that once fish has started to go "off" it does not taste good. Folks who drag their catch around in the hot surface water on a stringer and then complain about fishy fish have only themselves to blame. Bled out and put immediately on ice, then properly filleted it would be an entirely different taste experience.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I agree. Pre-Covid, I’d taught Slavyanka to never buy fish at the grocery store unless they let her sniff it first. If it was fishy, leave it.

I got caught once, and friggin’ bluebottle flies were following me out to the car. Wouldn’t ever buy fish after that without smelling it. Now, with Covid, you can’t do that, so we don’t buy much fresh fish any more.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Here are the sprats and caviar on rye bread with a compound butter.

Sprats are sort of a sardine, smoked and canned. I like the ones with a thin slice of lemon on them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
S
I like adding caviar into salads. It makes any salad much more delicious. Sandwiches with caviar are also good, but I always fail to spread the eggs evenly. Another problem is to find a good product nowadays. Not really familiar with caviar but I will never buy anything on Amazon again. Sellers there don't provide the best products. Sometimes I think that a good caviar is in restaurants only but I'm likely wrong. I lurked a little bit on pearlsofcaviar.com and did my own research. It's possible to find this product of every kind for a good price in almost every US state. I wanna try the Sturgeon caviar someday...it looks great!

Last edited by Starfall; 01/12/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
never had it

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Starfall
I like adding caviar into salads. It makes any salad much more delicious. Sandwiches with caviar are also good, but I always fail to spread the eggs evenly. Another problem is to find a good product nowadays. Not really familiar with caviar but I will never buy anything on Amazon again. Sellers there don't provide the best products. Sometimes I think that a good caviar is in restaurants only but I'm likely wrong. I lurked a little bit on pearlsofcaviar.com and did my own research. It's possible to find this product of every kind for a good price in almost every US state. I wanna try the Sturgeon caviar someday...it looks great!

Welcome to the campfire.

Odd first post. Appears you are hawking a product. I ain't clicking on the link.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I tend to really like the various sushi rolls that feature eggs on them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.