Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Debating on acquiring one - partly for a HD weapon, partly as a truck gun,

I've seen a PSA 9mm pistols recently that were reasonable priced and seemed decently made. The last I read, people who had intensively studied PCC's were not impressed with them for defensive use.

Thoughts?

PCCs are a hoot. I've had a couple and shot quite a few more. They're notoriously unreliable. The only model that has an across-the-board reputation for reliability is the JP, which I have now and should have just paid the money for to begin with. A few friends have MPXs that they trust, now that they've worked out the kinks and proved them reliable.

Good info, thanks - The PSA 9mm, that I've seen for sale used, makes me wonder if it gave the previous guy problems.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Debating on acquiring one - partly for a HD weapon, partly as a truck gun,

I've seen a PSA 9mm pistols recently that were reasonable priced and seemed decently made. The last I read, people who had intensively studied PCC's were not impressed with them for defensive use.

Thoughts?

PCCs are a hoot. I've had a couple and shot quite a few more. They're notoriously unreliable. The only model that has an across-the-board reputation for reliability is the JP, which I have now and should have just paid the money for to begin with. A few friends have MPXs that they trust, now that they've worked out the kinks and proved them reliable.

Yep........my MPX is good-to-go and one of the most 'fun' guns in the house.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

Hmmm....they seem to be bringing quite a premium right now... smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
A 10.5” 556 pistol with a suppressor is completely different than unsuppressed. Unsuppressed mine rattles teeth. Suppressed you can shoot it without ear protection. It ends up being about m4 size with an 8” suppressor but is a perfect home/yard gun combined with a light.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9

Hmmm....they seem to be bringing quite a premium right now... smile

NO kidding!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I put an SLR linear comp on my 10.5" AR pistol and it greatly reduced perceived blast and concussion, but groups opened up. I many have also switched lots of xm193. I need to figure it out, because the SLR was a pleasure to shoot.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the difference between a $40 and $140 compensator, besides the obvious?

If someone, say a friend, was going to dedicate a suppressor to an AR pistol, what are some good recommendations?

Last edited by Whttail_in_MT; 04/12/21.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
YHM turbo.

I have half a dozen cans from rugged, DeadAir, etc.

If I was starting over, I'd save a ton of cash and just buy yankee hill.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The muzzle device in my 7.5” 5.56 Saint makes it not bad to shoot at all in my opinion. Way better than the 10.5” with birdcages I’ve shot. In fact my Saint with a 40 round pmag is my truck gun.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CaptArab
YHM turbo.

I'd like to hear more about that Yankee Hill Turbo.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by CaptArab
YHM turbo.

I'd like to hear more about that Yankee Hill Turbo.

Me too.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have the Turbo’s big brother the gen 1 Resonator. Same basic build as the Turbo but 30 cal. They aren’t super light but they sound good, are built well, have a respected qd system, have a great warranty, and are reasonably priced.

They are tubeless with and inconel blast chamber and stainless baffles CNC welded.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
A 10.5” 556 pistol with a suppressor is completely different than unsuppressed. Unsuppressed mine rattles teeth. Suppressed you can shoot it without ear protection. It ends up being about m4 size with an 8” suppressor but is a perfect home/yard gun combined with a light.

Same experience hear. (See that?) Though I am liking the 11.5" too. The 10.5 5.56 suppressed was surprisingly quieter than a 22lr revolver. I wish, rather all the other dicking around over the years, I would have just bought a few more suppressors.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Suppress it or get a bullpup.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
I have the Turbo’s big brother the gen 1 Resonator. Same basic build as the Turbo but 30 cal. They aren’t super light but they sound good, are built well, have a respected qd system, have a great warranty, and are reasonably priced.

They are tubeless with and inconel blast chamber and stainless baffles CNC welded.

I would be running it on my 11.5" BCM and wouldn't care that it's not super light.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Yeah resonator or turbo is the way to go.

I would go to silencer shops YouTube channel and start watching videos. Maybe jot down notes on at ear volume versus at muzzle volume versus weight versus length for your top two or three pics and go from there.

I have a turbo k that continues to impress me. If you're shooting on an AR it's about like shooting a loud 22 or 22 mag without ear pro no matter what can you choose and how much you pay so you're going to need ear protection for more than the occasional pop at a coyote.

Really no supersonic rifle round is safe without earpro so just embrace that and get something that's nice and light, in my opinion.

Yankee Hill is one of those situations where you get more than what you pay for in my opinion.

If you actually are a super hard use door kicker type that spends thousands of rounds training a month doing CQB drills, sure maybe you'd be better off with a sure fire or rugged brand or something like that, but for the vast majority of us I really think the Yankee Hill cans are phenomenal.

On the other end of the spectrum if you are super into PRS shooting or putting the smallest group on paper at the farthest distance away possible every weekend, you might want to step up to a tbac (thunder beast).

They're probably the "best" but you can easily buy three or four Yankee Hill cans for the price of one thunder beast.

I like pairing a silencer to a gun and being done with it instead of having to swap muzzle devices, etc all the time.

Last edited by CaptArab; 04/14/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Glad this came up. Right now my pistol format has an10.5” barrel with birdcage. Don’t want to think about indoor muzzle blast after being in an indoor range by a 16” such equipped AR. Could feel body vibrations. Decided to not even shoot it till I swap the barrel for an 11.5 to 12.5”and install a forward directional comp. Bullets on hand are the plain old 70gr Speer cup&core. Want to stay heavy with probably a fast powder, likely TAC for the short barrel but also have CFE 223, Varget, & R15. Am undecided on sighting system but am leaning toward a hot white light hung and irons. But quite possibly dot with light. Fastfire RD is very interesting.

BURRIS RD FEEDBACK APPRECIATED.

For my purposes a 12 or 12 1/2” barrel is probably ideal. With the directional comp it becomes a very long pistol, and of course no one wishes to ID such a weapon as a SBR just because of its brace. But a 12” AR running 70gr SP from a 30 rnd mag with irons is a formidable line of sight weapon from feet to beyond 100 yds. With dot optics range increases. This new form or armament is quite impressive and obviously the Crown disapproves. It gives the free citizens it attempts to rule an even more effective purpose specific tool against tyranny. Amen

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WTF?

Originally Posted by shootem
Fastfire RD is very interesting.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LOL Give'm hell!

Hell it is boomer. If you’re a satan serving Communist Chinese lover too greedy to leave the slave labor of Communism, I pray to my God above your products rot and rust waiting for the sheeple to come. Amen

Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Understand I'm less a fan of the Chinese totalitarian government than you are. Calling it commonest would have Karl Marx spinning in his grave. China is involved in gennacide (sp) , military aggression and industrial espionage on large scale. They are single greatest threat to peace in the world. But you need to understand some economics. A electronic widget that costs $100 in the store, of that only $10 was only the manufacturer's and exporters share, the rest of it, the $90 was the company designing it, the warehousing, transportation, the importers profits, and the retailer.

If want to fight them, you have to out smart them. How many of your sons and daughters went to university?

Bushnell's line that replaced the 4000 series is made in Korea , the rest are Chinese. Burris is replacing it's Fullfield II with Fullfield IV, you guessed it, made in China.

Yes, I understand the economics. Our corporations need to do their economics in the USA. That’s my point. Both my children completed college, one cum laude from the Business School at Alabama. We out smart them by punishing them for their blatant assault on the world in particular the USA. They’d never expect it. I want the US out of China. They are our enemy and have proved it. The corporations that continue to do business with the Communist support the slave conditions of the Chinese people. Conditions that would never be tolerated here. So all y’all liking ChiCom products when alternatives are available; just buy it and wipe the blood off. Good as new.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
WTF?

Fastfire RD is very interesting.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LOL Give'm hell!

Hell it is boomer. If you’re a satan serving Communist Chinese lover too greedy to leave the slave labor of Communism, I pray to my God above your products rot and rust waiting for the sheeple to come. Amen

Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Understand I'm less a fan of the Chinese totalitarian government than you are. Calling it commonest would have Karl Marx spinning in his grave. China is involved in gennacide (sp) , military aggression and industrial espionage on large scale. They are single greatest threat to peace in the world. But you need to understand some economics. A electronic widget that costs $100 in the store, of that only $10 was only the manufacturer's and exporters share, the rest of it, the $90 was the company designing it, the warehousing, transportation, the importers profits, and the retailer.

If want to fight them, you have to out smart them. How many of your sons and daughters went to university?

Bushnell's line that replaced the 4000 series is made in Korea , the rest are Chinese. Burris is replacing it's Fullfield II with Fullfield IV, you guessed it, made in China.

Yes, I understand the economics. Our corporations need to do their economics in the USA. That’s my point. Both my children completed college, one cum laude from the Business School at Alabama. We out smart them by punishing them for their blatant assault on the world in particular the USA. They’d never expect it. I want the US out of China. They are our enemy and have proved it. The corporations that continue to do business with the Communist support the slave conditions of the Chinese people. Conditions that would never be tolerated here. So all y’all liking ChiCom products when alternatives are available; just buy it and wipe the blood off. Good as new.

If you’re telling me the RD is Chinese made then I’m not interested at any price regardless of features and benefits. I’ve not had much success getting good specifics on this sight including country of manufacture. As far as I know Burris does not have that listed on their website. And I know, at least lately up until now, Burris has stuck to manufacture in the Philippines. That’s not nearly as acceptable as were the US made products of old. However the Philippines are as far apart from Communist China as is Heaven from hell.

Since it was apparently not obvious enough when stated, “Feedback” as I asked includes country of manufacture. Retuck panties, normalize emotions. My feelings have not changed.

BOYCOTT COMMUNIST CHINA. PUSH YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND LET MANUFACTURERS IN THE OUTDOORS AND SHOOTING SPORTS INTERESTS KNOW YOUR CONTEMPT.

Last edited by shootem; 04/16/21.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shouldn't matter if that particular model is MIC or not. Some Burris models are, ergo the whole product line should be taboo. At least that's how I'm reading it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.