T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Show of hands.

How many have had covid?

Of those, how many had symptoms that were worse than a seasonal-type flu? What were your symptoms like?

I will go first.

Started off just being a bit chilled one night. Couldn't get warm and I chalked it up to a crappy motel room heater and a significant temp drop outside.

Next day had a little cough and drippy nose. That night I was definietly chilled and ended up with a fever. 30 minute scalding shower and cranking heater as high as it would go. After that, double blanket on the bed and I broke my fever in the middle of the night.

Next day, worked same as always.

Next few days I kept traveling and working. Symptoms were minimal. Didn't really realize until about 5-6 days after the fever that what I had might have been covid. About then, I lose my sense of taste and smell for over a week.

My symptoms weren't bad. I never missed a minute of work. Was really pretty minor.

Montana MOFO
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Not me ,but one of the rugrats had it.
First thing he said he felt like crap one day,took his temp 99.3* ish,also said he was a little achy.
Found out next day his Gf was +,so we took him for a test,told him to stay in the basement.
After a week or so he also lost taste and smell,but said he felt fine,not even really run down.

I think he regained taste and smell after about 2-3 wks.
For him it was a nothing-burger.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Pretty sure I had it back in late july into mid august.

Took 4 designer Ice cream cones from the convenience store up the road to convince myself I totally lost my sense of taste.
That lasted for about 3 days.
Dry unrelenting cough.
Joint aches.
Felt like the worst cold I ever had.
Didnt get tested.
Fugg that scam .gov crap and its money making scheme.

Buncha guys were on a thread on here same time period thinking they had caught the scamdemic buckethead flu also.

#herdimmunity....
#notgettingagenetherapyshot...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Two or three days of slow.[bleep] feeling morning congestion more than normal. Complete lose of smell and taste for a month. About it. I know people that died from it(underlying issues) and different blood types. O positive myself. Blood type seems to be a factor. I did the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because of several reasons and folks I'm around. No adverse effects although it was a painful injection.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
At 72 my symptoms were a little stronger than the above. It started out as like the flu. Then I lost taste and smell, had a little trouble breathing (not bad) and ached all over. While I never had to go to the hospital, it was worse than the flu. I was in bed for almost ten days and then another three weeks of feeling really weak. Not something I want to repeat.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I worked all year as normal. Around people everyday—sometimes large crowds. Two of my employees whom I am around got it (mild cases). I thought I may have had it early (Feb 2020) after being in a conference with people from NYC. Was over whatever it was before tests were available. Did antibody test but it was negative. So put me down as never got it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by ledvm; 04/11/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Exposed 6 times, no masks.
Around people all day, no mask.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
zip, zero, nada. I have not worn a mask, not gotten a shot, and won't With a death rate in my area of .0004, and a national death rate of about .001, I just don't see the issue.

Sam......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Worked everyday around a lot of people through the whole fauxdemic. Dad was in critical care for four weeks and on a floor full of covid patients. He didn’t get it, and none of us got it.
The few people I know personally that had it showed either little or no symptoms

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/11/21.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Got the shot and the side effects were about the same as what I thought my COVID was. So, the reality of the logic is, I did not have a case of COVID. Only normal seasonal allergy and crud that goes along with being human.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't think I've had the China flu. I wake up congested and coughing every morning because of emphysema. I don't wear a mask unless requested by an employee of the business I'm patronizing I have no plans to get tested or take the China flu shot.
One things for sure, if I ever think I have the China flu I'm not going to sit around and try to heal myself.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I had Covid-19 in November 2020 I was 69 at the time and turned 70 in January, I'm also a type ll diabetic. I tested positive on 11-03-2020. My sinuses dripped in my throught, headache, ears plugged and my body ached. I never felt like I had a fever and never checked for a fever.
Fed my horses and cows every day

I latter dud an antibody test and I had antibodies

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty sure both the youngest daughter and I had it back in late Jan/early Feb of 2020.
Both of us were down for 2 weeks+.
Terrible cough, to the point of passing out and tossing chow.
Ached like I'd been beaten severely.
Not a lot of fever, but periodically.
Seems like my smeller and taste were effected.
Way worser than any cold/flu either of us ever had.
No plans to get a vaccine shot.

Never tested.

Black Cows Matter!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm 98% sure I had it a little over a year ago now. I shook hands with a college kid who had just been in New Orleans during Mardi Gras last year. He was sick before they came over here and later tested positive for antibodies.

The first day started with a bad dry cough. The second day was muscle aches. The third day was the worst with fever, chills and a little trouble breathing in the night.

I was pretty damn sick for 10 or 12 days. My sense of smell was gone for several weeks.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes.

Mild flu like symptoms, although I would like my sense of smell back.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
One son-in-law had it, and wanted to die for while.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nope. Not even here in allegedly Covid central NJ. Next door neighbors had it about a year ago. They're in their early 60s, about 10 years younger than my wife and I. The 90+ year old mother-in-law lives with them and never got it. Figure that one out! The wife works in a doctor's office, and that's our best guess as to how they got it.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I believe I had it back near the end of December of 2019, although I cannot get my doctor to prescribe an antibody test to verify it. Like a flu, except for more severe body aches, to include extreme pain in my shoulder joints. Also the cough persisted for a long time. At the time, few were talking about the Novel Coronavirus, so it never occurred to me, and I don't think they even had testing yet.

PS Over 40% of US Marines are refusing the vaccine.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I had something end of November. Beginning of Dec. it ran out. Never lost sense of taste or smell. Wasn’t all that bad for me. I mean I knew something wasn’t right. Lingered about a week. Daughter who lives here with family on the place, sure she had it right after me. She lost taste-smell and was sick! She still has lingering side effects. None of the others here sick. Including the wife who is the poster child for co-morbidities.

Spoke with my cardiologist about it when I saw him recently. Explained symptoms. He said he would bet money I had it. And went on to say that it affects all differently.

So, bottom line, who knows?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nephew and his wife, both nurses in LTC facilities, and their baby all got it. Nephew’s case was mild. Wife and baby were pretty sick, but not hospitalized.

Paralegal working on my father’s estate and her fiancé, maybe early 60s, both pretty sick; he had to go to the hospital.

Neighbor, 58, I’ve never met, with some health issues I’m told, dead.

Former sister in-law, about 67, had it but thought it was a cold. Tested positive for anti-bodies long after the fact.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.