-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"HEARS "one major cause of ringing in the ears according to Dr. Joel Wallach.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by lawnman
Any experience and advice would be helpful

Get used to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

it is caused by damage to the cilia in the inner ear. You can't undamaged them.

Mine have been ringing for 50 years...

50 years of it get used to it

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes. I have had Tinnitus for a long time (I think.) Right now I'm listening to non stop repetitive music that
is in my head. A fairly new,somewhat recognized phenomena, (MES), abundant with a lot of theories and speculation.
But I am adjusting to this burden, as well.

I found some information about MES online - dubbed, Musical Ear Syndrome. It has often been associated with
old age and sudden hearing loss, amongst a host of other causes and pseudo science. - So I qualify and am not alone.

Whilst listening to my MES music I can also hear the rushing waves of tinnitus washing / crashing / endlessly ashore ~ ~ ~
I also hear wind constantly rustling fallen leaves and unending chorus's of birds chirping in harmony - (Crickets too.)

"But all in all - We're still a-livin', So everything's OK!"
~ Luke the Drifter

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep, 20 years Navy in an Engineering Space.. Liked loud rock music as well. Have had it for more years than I care to remember. Also on my (deaf) ear with the hearing aid. Comes and goes, sometimes very bad other times not hearing it at all. No cure that I know of. It is what it is.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mine sounds like a field full of crickets. Fortunately I find it quite a pleasant background.

1Minute
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Had it for a long time and doesn't bother me at all. There are treatments available but may not work. The noise is actually the brain turning up to gain on the frequencies that are missing ie the higher frequencies because these are the first to go. The treatment that may work involves an ear piece that generates these high frequencies straight into the ear so the brain turns down the gain.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Had it for most of my life, now.
If it went away, I'd probably go nuts from the silence.
Me too and I agree. I usually don't even notice it any more but reading this discussion has sure brought it to my attention.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Any experience and advice would be helpful

Get used to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

it is caused by damage to the cilia in the inner ear. You can't undamaged them.

Mine have been ringing for 50 years...

I'm unfortunately with you Poobs. Mine were most likely from bronchial infections that got to the ears. Was hospitalized a couple of times for this as a kid.

Later as in I was 8 at a check-up told the nurse I could hear radio in my head. Bummer for me since now I'm the new crazy kid but was able to articulate that it wasn't actually the broadcast portion but the sound in between stations.

It didn't get better in the next 5 decades with all the gun shooting, driving cars with the windows down and working on heavy equipment.

It's now one of the things I count on to know I'm on this side of the dirt every morning. Everything hurts check. Ears ringing check. Most likely alive.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[bleep] hear ya!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wear hearing aids. When I have them in, the tinnitus is considerably less. Somehow they cover it up.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I've had it for what seems like forever. I blame it on rock & roll music. I find having some kind of background noise (radio/TV etc.) helps. Maybe it doesn't drown it out but it provides a distraction so I don't notice it as much.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got to doc on Monday. Got this constant ringing in my ears for couple weeks now. Any experience and advice would be helpful

Learn to live it. I've had it for 40 years, and most of the time I don't even notice it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
NDAIDS can crank it up.
Noticed mine around '96 on a turkey hunt.
Buds watch alarm went off and I couldnt hear it.

2 yrs ago I was listwning6 to some tunes and the higher notes and squelch on pne lead guitar were just gone.

Work in a noisy factory, wear earpro religously.
Still in decline.

Wore it on ranges growing up, but not hunting.
Didnt have electronic goodies back then.

Long time sinus sufferer, makes it worse off and on.
Jeep softtops for about 20 yrs proly didnt help either.

Wasnt too bad yesterday, howlin is a bit up today

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I got mine in the Navy, high frequency hearing loss. When I got hearing aids I found that the tinnitus was operating in the frequencies I had lost. With the hearing aids in I get back the lost frequencies and that covers the tinnitus up. With the aids out boy do I hear just the ringing/wooshing/humming noise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, sounds like the kid next door is running the leaf blower 24/7. Our idea of hearing protection back in the day was a couple of pencil erasers or a pair of cigarette butts stuck in our ears. Too late smart. Mine gets a little worse when I'm off my blood pressure meds, but I asked an eye, ear, nose and throat doctor about it and she said the same thing that Jim wrote. You got it, so live with it and try to protect what you have left.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A major cause of both tinnitus and hearing loss is head phones/ear buds. It's very easy to get them too loud and not notice it as the ears sort of go numb to the volume. 30 years from now, a LOT of today's kids will be needing hearing aids.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine started when I was about 30 I think. It wasn't real bad until I got into my late 50's when my hearing started to get worse and worse. Doctor said the cause was likely taking a lot of aspirin to mask the pain in my knees. Now in my mid 70's it is a constant ringing and, at times, It is like hearing a radio like conversation going on in the other room. Outside and in close conversation, like at the dinner table, it is not as bad.

Part of it is mental focus as when I am doing something it doesn't seem as bad sometimes but when you lay in bed at night it is loud and pervasive. Sitting here typing on the laptop it is loud and steady because I am, of course, thinking about it. I just inserted my hearing aids and the ringing dropped quite a bit.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Dayom, now you did it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
After 3 years of 25,000+ Hp in NASCAR, I've been living with tinnitus almost 20 years. When it's the result of exposure to excessive sound pressure levels, the hairs & hair cells in the cochlea become irreversibly damaged. There are other causes for tinnitus, but longterm exposure to extreme noise is the primary cause. For these folks (like me), no snake oil will cure it.

I've got 26dB loss in the left ear and 29dB in right ear, all at higher frequencies. Tinnitus in both my ears is constant high freq ringing. It's not at the point of requiring hearing aids, but that's a definite probability in future (I'm in late 50's).

You do get used to it. Some days it sounds worse than others, but you will acclimate.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A major cause of both tinnitus and hearing loss is head phones/ear buds. It's very easy to get them too loud and not notice it as the ears sort of go numb to the volume. 30 years from now, a LOT of today's kids will be needing hearing aids.

This is a sad reality. Kids don't realize that, if they're drowning out an 85dB lawnmower, their earbuds have to be putting out higher dB levels to override the lawnmower noise level. Although most of these kids are already living in their own little self-contained cocoon, not sure they will really care much b/c they'll be able to blame their withdrawal on (their own self-induced) hearing loss.

Last edited by kappa8; 04/11/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Had mine since about 1971. Don't know where I may have caught it , but it's non stop. Crickets, peepers, but mostly steam kettle blowing off,or air leaking out of a pin hole in a tire. Volume can vary. Ya just learn to live with it

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.