Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"It is a curious sensation: The sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling.
When your heart is broken. Your boats are burned and nothing matters anymore.
It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace."

~ George Bernard Shaw

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone who has been close to death knows how peaceful and pain free the moment is. Life is good live it while you can.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Diesel,

You are going through hard times now.
That's a lot of stress looking after your wife who came close. Now that's tough enough on a good day in your prime. As we age, of course the hormones and the physical mechanisms for coping decrease. You know this no doubt. I'm just stating the obvious, but sometimes it helps to step back and be reminded of the bigger picture when you're not in the middle of it.
The winter and early spring leave us with little D3 hormone reserves and various other required nutrients.
Eating right helps more than we realize. I developed a
One thing that many find helpful to stave off the winter blues, and depression are supplementing with vitamin D3 at the proper dosage, exercise, talking to your family a little every day. I don't know if you are a Christian, but God offers a lot of encouragement in the Psalms. It's a good book to read a chapter from each day along with the Gospel of John. The Holy Spirit is our comforter too.

Prayer walks in the mornings in short sleeves with a family member or friend, D3, lots of water, cutting out sugar... there's lots that we can do with the Lord's help to strengthen and get past the tough times. The morning sunshine really helps, especially if your wife is able to get out there with you. Pray and read or listen to the word together too. I know a family who doesn't have a local church, but they've come through tough times reading it every day. They just lost their daughter. I was just contacted by the son as I write this, that the Dad just had a possible stroke. However, we have the Lord to ask for help in these times of need.
I'll post the audio Bible in the next post if you want to listen.

Those are a few ideas, but there's guys here that have had time to be there just to listen since you have been a member.
Sometimes thats what helps.

I will prayer for you and your wife.

HC

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/10/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the nearly 45 years we have been married, we both have had plenty of reasons to get to that point. My bride has had more abdominal surgeries than I care to remember, the last one just over a month ago. I have diabetes, MS, a bout with Covid last fall and have had a few surgeries myself. I have been beside her and she beside me through all those times. The older we get the less the "little" things matter to us (i.e. lawn mowing, immaculate landscaping and garden). We are both slowing down but still try to focus on what we can do when we can, as long as we enjoy it, It would have been easy to give up instead if going forward but we are not built that way.

Forge ahead, Diesel. Prayers for better days/weeks/months/years going forward for you and your wife.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had another attack on Easter morning and was glad i had some meds to make it quit.

Till it stopped i went to my shop and pulled some brass out of the cleaner.

It took a lot longer to get it done because when standing i got dizzy.

Go set on a stool for a spell then go again.

When done i came back to the house and told the wife i was going to lay down for a spell.

I have a oxygen generator by the bed,so turned it on and had a nice 2 hours of doing nothing.

The oxygen made the aftereffects easier and i was not as tired.
The Doc told me they could to an ablation but he could not say i would wake up without a pacemaker so no dice.

As long as the meds work or if bad enough i will to the er.

SVT's suck but if caught in time won't maim you or get one planted.

Hope you folks can get over it and back to some type of normal.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bookmark this and you'll have the best audio Bible available IMHO.

Psalms is first. Then to find John, you have to scroll down a ways.

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/c/GoodHopeKJV/search?query=Alexander[/video]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are certain things that happen to many of us that suck but we except them as part of life. I can live with that even though I may not like it. What depressed me far more is watching what my country is becoming at the hands of some of the most corrupt and disgusting human beings on Earth, and knowing that future generations will never understand what American greatness really was.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
Forgetting about the superficial stuff like keeping my grass manicured gets some little bit of stress out of my life.

When you get really sick in the head and have no life you view mowing the lawn as a control mechanism.....lol

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Big things are actually small.
And the tiny, huge.
Maybe perspective changes as we get older, or maybe we slow down enough to just see things for what they are.

I used to be smart. Now im not sure.
Know less, but understand more.

People are different and so are relationships.
Double edged sword, comparing yours to others.
Or what you think others are.
Maybe we settle when we shouldnt.
Maybe we are better off than we think.

Lost my career, bud and marriage, and have a sick kid.

Sure didnt turn out the way i planned. Deserve way better.
But Im a spiteful bastard and thats one reason im still here

Some little shred of optimism I can never shake myself free of.........that things might get better, or if they dont I still need to be here for some reason.

If I really knew the answers itd be pretty easy to make the call on leaving, or not.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/10/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I strive to stay alive because I think I’m the most important person on the planet.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There are patches in life that are there just to get through and learn from; it is no crime using our memories and dreams just to make it. All good things come to an end and so do all bad things. Godspeed, Diesel.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If you have a spouse, or grandkids, or yet give a damn about this once great country....proly need to stick around as one person can have quite a bit of influence/ effect.

Depression is part of life, thankfully its usually temporary.

Think most folks can weather such storms, but repeated ones can have the dangerous aspect of making one weary.

Good Book says something about that.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by deflave
I strive to stay alive because I think I’m the most important person on the planet.

Isnt that the definition of a liberal?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
weekly, unless I manage to avoid the evening news every day of the week...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I quit TV about 6 months ago

Sure does help.

And have cut back on web crap too.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I LIVE to antagonize "The Warden" smile She calls me Pepe le Peu! smile
That said, I live for her, the kids, and the grandkids. Everything I do is to try to improve their lives.
Money, faith, and values, all the way around.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by deflave

Isnt that the definition of a liberal?

No.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hookeye
I quit TV about 6 months ago

Sure does help.

And have cut back on web crap too.

Does TV kill people?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
Sitting in a hospital room in my mid twenties wondering what why and how as I looked at my wife to be. Test after test followed by guess after guess. Finally they figured it out and delivered the instantly life altering news that condemned us to a life together of uncertainty as to when and where and how bad it would strike her down again.

She gave me the option, said she wouldn’t blame me or hold it against me if I wanted to call it off and just walk away. I couldn’t even think of it, to be so cruel and heartless to the only woman I’d ever really fell in love with.

Been almost fifteen years we’ve been together and married almost a decade.
Almost a decade since I more or less quit giving a schit about anything that I don’t choose to give a schit about. Lawn needs cut, fugg it I feel like going fishing. Garage is a wreck and needs organized, not going to happen if it’s hunting season. My dad doesn’t understand and really most other guys don’t either and that’s probably a good thing, in my dad’s case it means he’s never had to endure the kind of stress I do daily by not knowing.

For me I keep pushing because my wife and my son depend on me. Forgetting about the superficial stuff like keeping my grass manicured gets some little bit of stress out of my life. Taking my little boy to the lake and watching him drive the boat or catch a few fish let’s me temporarily forget the responsibilities that I have with more on the horizon someday. That to me is worth all the gold in Fort Knox.

Hang tough, you’ll get it sorted out.

you should print this out and give it to your dad.......bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by P_Weed
"It is a curious sensation: The sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling.
When your heart is broken. Your boats are burned and nothing matters anymore.
It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace."

~ George Bernard Shaw

That is DARK.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,402 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.