Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
But the hose hanger and wand tray do suck.

Absolute...Suckage !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple.

One is a Honda gx200 with Annovi pump. Fuggin motor gives me more grief than any other gas motor I have. Does good when it runs.

Other is a little Costco Yamaha job. Used it today on the boat. That machine always starts right up and runs like a song.

To be fair, the Honda likely needs a new gas tank. Has some rust. I've taken the tank off a couple times and put a little diesel in it with a few cups of gravel and shake it like a baby. Cleans it up but it's still runs like [bleep]. Probably should replace the carb.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a fan of these.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 HP Honda with a Karcher; also a Honda on my 5KW generator.

Far easier to start than any Briggs & much quieter; hard to make sense of any other engine if a Honda is available.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I run a Mi-T-M electric washer.

I plumbed the house with a hot and cold outdoor bib, so overall it's a great set up.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have one with a Honda GVC160, pretty standard motor

I bought it at an auction, got it home and the motor was so tight you could pull start it, took it apart and got a drill to spin the motor, got it loosened up , put it back together and it started on the 3rd pull. Has always started by the 3rd pull since and that was 2 years ago.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mi-T-M Work Pro 4200 (standard cleaning)
Simpson water shotgun (for heavier stuff)
Mi-T-M Hot water HSP 3504 for degreasing equipment

They all work great!!

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son bought a Costco 3100 PSI model with the Yamaha engine and it has run like a champ for several years now. I have borrowed it a couple times and it really gets the job done. One thing I found out years ago is with much more pressure than the 3100 it will blow gravel out of my exposed aggregate driveway and throw it who knows where- usually right at my car and truck no matter where I park them...

One thing he clued me into was the round flat surface attachment for doing decks and driveways. Man, those things really speed things up and keep you a lot cleaner and drier while doing flat surfaces. Probably cut down doing the driveway by half or more and did a great job. I think they are about $65 on Amazon and worth every penny...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I bought an undercarriage attachment - its on 2 wheels with 4 nozzles, connects to your pressure washer hose and lets you wash under your car or whatever. It was like $40

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Beaver10
After a lifetime of smaller, home use pressure washers, in both gas and electric that ran me between $90 and $275 bucks.

I finally bought a decent one, I think....Simpson 3600 psi washer with a 2.5 GPM Honda GX200. Never owned one that had both engine oil and a separate pump oil requirement.

I’m in high cotton....For the moment.

What are you using?

🦫

PS

My best buddy, Kingston, is a pressure washer snob !

I have the same machine that you have.
5years old I think. Works great

That's what I have too. A 3600 psi Simpson with the industrial rated Honda. Was about $600 at Sam's club a few years ago but they sold me the display model for $250 because the hose was missing. Only one I've ever had but it seems to work well.

Bb

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Tarkio
In the same boat here needing to replace a craftsman pressure washer I bought 20 years ago and ran like a top. Until a friend borrowed it, broke something small on it and has never returned it as he said he is looking for the part to repair it.

So I need to buy a new presure washer for the house. I have a couple hotsy electric/diesel pressure washers at my shop if I need hot water.

Just looked at the simpson washers at a local farm/ranch store yesterday and today. Wife said Costco has a husqvarna pressure washers in stock also I may go look into.

Let me know how you like the simpson. Will be replacing mine in the next week to 2 weeks.

Costco had $80 off their husky washer. After my experience with a my snowblower I said fugk and no to that. Wife said it had a ton of bad reviews to boot.

That's not very encouraging - I just bought the Husky from Costco but haven't opened the box yet. Should I return it?

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I bought one of these. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-3000-PSI-2-3-GPM-Honda-Gas-Pressure-Washer-RY803001/303316335
Ryobi with a Honda engine. Starts easy and works fine for me. I clean siding, deck & porch, driveway and wash vehicles with it. I waited a year after my neighbor bought one to see how it worked.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGray
In the same boat here needing to replace a craftsman pressure washer I bought 20 years ago and ran like a top. Until a friend borrowed it, broke something small on it and has never returned it as he said he is looking for the part to repair it.

So I need to buy a new presure washer for the house. I have a couple hotsy electric/diesel pressure washers at my shop if I need hot water.

Just looked at the simpson washers at a local farm/ranch store yesterday and today. Wife said Costco has a husqvarna pressure washers in stock also I may go look into.

Let me know how you like the simpson. Will be replacing mine in the next week to 2 weeks.

Costco had $80 off their husky washer. After my experience with a my snowblower I said fugk and no to that. Wife said it had a ton of bad reviews to boot.

That's not very encouraging - I just bought the Husky from Costco but haven't opened the box yet. Should I return it?

Up to you, obviously...Pretty good information provided from members who are happy with a Simpson or Dewalt with CAT pump pressure washers.

YMMV seems appropriate.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Right now, I can’t think of a reason why I need one.

I doubt I would use one much.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine is a Simpson with Honda motor think it is 3k psi. It has done everything I’ve needed for several years and starts right up though I only feed my small engines fuel that has Sea Foam added

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Generac 3100psi. Had it for 5 years and runs like a charm

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I drink an absurd amount of Miller Lite, then go to town blasting dirt off everything with my firehose.

Or, a Honda when the mood strikes.

TinCock

UR still a wild & crazy guy..........

Was in Rock Springs a while back

Black chics all knew U

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
After a lifetime of smaller, home use pressure washers, in both gas and electric that ran me between $90 and $275 bucks.

I finally bought a decent one, I think....Simpson 3600 psi washer with a 2.5 GPM Honda GX200. Never owned one that had both engine oil and a separate pump oil requirement.

I’m in high cotton....For the moment.

What are you using?

🦫

PS

My best buddy, Kingston, is a pressure washer snob !

Honda Engine Cat. pump.Pump lube in the fall is your friend.My unit is 11 years old.

Last edited by coobie; 04/14/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGray

Ha, not for me to say! But I'm not buying anything Husky. Sample of one with my snowblower, but that was enough for me.

Good thing my saws are all Stihl. laugh

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Have a dewalt with a Cat pump. Been gtg for at least 6 years or so.
Before that, a Mi-T-M 4000 psi with a cat pump also. Some POS decided he needed it more than I did.

Painting partner has that same Dewalt. He swears by them.

🦫

Painting partner?

So that's what the kids are calling it these days.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
290 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 28 invisible), 2,003 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.