Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Wife, I and my 90 year old dad have not had it, everyone else in my family has had it and no one died, seems it was individual on how bad. Our family has been very careful to not risk my dad, this started before the virus and included flu and such well before.

My sister/husband/son got it from church in Nov, BIL just turned 70, it was like a cold for all of them, no biggie. They live up where the cabins are and we had just been there for my wife's deer hunt but dodged it by a few days.

Right before Christmas, my Nephew and his wife were pregnant and had their shower, my wife was supposed to go but had a leg nerve issue and stayed home. My daughter lives close, had went over but it was so packed she just left the gift on the porch and texted them. Good thing as Nephew's mother, my brother's ex was sick and didn't say anything, she got so bad at the shower they took her home, had her tested the next day and was positive. She had hugged and kissed on everyone, they all got sick. My brother is 66 and he had it the worst, said it was like a bad flu for a week, Nephew and pregnant wife were over it quick, like a cold... wife dodged that one.

Then in Jan the daughter, SIL, grandkids came over for my wife's birthday. The next day they left for trip with the SIL's parents and his sister's family to a timeshare in Flagstaff. SIL's dad had hid away since the beginning of the virus, was paranoid of getting it, very at risk health wise... well he was feeling sick before they went and didn't say anything, by day 2 they knew it was bad and all came back, he went into the hospital with pneumonia for 5 days and survived. The SIL and his sister were hit hard, my daughter had a bad cough, grandson had a slight fever for 12 hours, granddaughter showed nothing. So it seems that the SILs family were more affected, genetics? SIL's dad had got it from his own brother, so much for hiding in... We dodged that one.

Also my dad's sister in her 80s had it, pneumonia for a week and survived.

Young, old, healthy, at risk... reactions are the same as if they had the flu/bad flu.

Kent

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not even a cold in the last year. Only a handful of people I know tested positive, a few with no symptoms at all. Nobody I know died from it. I have avoided large indoor gatherings though over the last year and just generally kept my distance from most folks.
People complain about how terrible the last year has been, it’s been one of my best years ever. A regular introverts paradise.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had it. My entire family, wife and 3 kids had it. My mother and father had it.

For me it was a fever, slight aches for a little less than 24 hours. Very little cough, very little sinus drainage. I was working from home at the time and didn't miss any work aside from the time to go to the drive through testing. I lifted/trained hard the day before and 4 days later I was lifting/training again (home gym). It was ~1 day of flu like symptoms. No loss of taste/smell for me. I'm a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and occasionally have respiratory issues during allergy seasons or after bushhogging. I'm in excellent physical condition. I figured it would be much worse for me than it was with having diabetes but I'm glad it wasn't.

Wife had headaches and loss of taste/smell, her's lasted a few days longer. 2 youngest kids had minimal symptoms. Oldest son had it a couple of months earlier and didn't get it again but his was about 3 days of fever, etc....he quarantined in his room and none of the rest of us got it then.

My father had 13 or 14 days of fever. Very weak during that time. Ended up with double pneumonia. Was down quite a while and lost several pounds he didn't need to lose. It was rough on him but he's over it and chasing turkey's now. He's a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m dealing with it. For me, it’s far worse than any flu or cold I’ve ever had.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope nor do I know anyone that has had it. A few days ago I had my first shot.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I had it back in December. I tested positive on a test dec 2, they immediately tested me again & it was positive, then had me spit in a tube for a different test they sent off & it came back positive. I went home and isolated for 10 days. I had some dizziness, headaches, fatigue, slight temperature a few days, coughing, but that was about it. I slept a lot. I never did lose my taste or smell. My case was pretty mild. My blood type is O +.

I know several people that have died from it though, including a healthy 30 year old insurance salesman. A 45 year old healthy police officer I know just got out of the hospital a couple of days ago after a week with COVID. I haven’t had the vaccine because there’s conflicting guidance on whether those of us who have had Covid should get the shot. I’ll probably end up getting it but I want to watch a while. Natural immunity should offer me plenty of immunity for the time being.

If I hadn’t already had Covid I would have gotten the vaccine by now.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Covid is bizarre... it either doesn't affect you at all, or it can kill you...and anywhere inbetween. And the people with no reaction like to grandstand on how weak the virus is because their case was mild. And a lot of those people cannot confirm they actually had it, they just assume...

I currently have it and it sucks. A week of cold, flu, temp swings, chills, followed by pneumonia. Currently on oxygen.

I noticed most of the anti-vax people haven't had it yet. I still don't trust the mRNA vaccine, but covid is real and it sucks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was definitely exposed on Christmas Day. Six days later Wednesday evening I had a little bit of a sniffle and felt off. Friday I realized I had zero sense of smell or taste. Progressively had worse cold symptoms until Saturday evening when the first mild fever hit. Sunday was terrible with fever , aches , and exhaustion. Monday more of the same. Headache was dull the first couple of days but Saturday , Sunday , and Monday the headache was hell. Took Ivermectin Monday somewhere around 11am and by 7pm I was mostly fine and felt like I was over it. I took more Ivermectin Wednesday and the following Saturday or Sunday. Most of my sense of taste returned over the next four weeks but I can barely smell strong odors to this day.
An odd lingering effect is that my allergies have all but disappeared. This time of the year I'm usually drowning in nasal drainage and eyes on fire. This year I can stand under live oaks raining pollen and I’m absolutely fine or a little bit of ichy eyes. If losing my sense of smell means not having debilitating allergies I’m happy to never smell anything again. I went to a tractor show this weekend over in Lakeland Ga and really enjoyed myself despite it raining pollen all day. Normally I’d be shut in my house doped up on antihistamines this time of the year.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 04/11/21.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Covid is bizarre... it either doesn't affect you at all, or it can kill you...and anywhere inbetween. And the people with no reaction like to grandstand on how weak the virus is because their case was mild. And a lot of those people cannot confirm they actually had it, they just assume...

I currently have it and it sucks. A week of cold, flu, temp swings, chills, followed by pneumonia. Currently on oxygen.

I noticed most of the anti-vax people haven't had it yet. I still don't trust the mRNA vaccine, but covid is real and it sucks.

Have you had pneumonia before?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Pretty sure my wife and youngest kid had it in February 2020. They were pretty sick.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I think the reason there is such a wide range of severity levels with it is that many people already had immunity from it, since certain strains of the common cold are sufficiently similar to it that the antibodies for it also work against COVID19. This is a phenomenon known to medical science, which is why it's odd that they haven't worked overtime isolating those cold germs and offering them to the population at large.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had worse flu by far. Loss of smell and fatigue kinda sucked.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Five days of temp swings, headaches no taste or smell, super lethargy, runny nose & sore throat. Getting taste back took more like 10 days, wife didn't get hers back for weeks.

On a scale of 1-10, the worst flu symptoms I've had being a 10, I'd rate my bought with Covid as a 7, maybe an 8. I feel so damn lucky it didn't get in my chest.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Had it 3 weeks after both shots couple days pretty rough sinus drainage and bad flu symptoms. Had pneumonia several times before far worse, which is why I took the shots regret doing that now.

Tried in vain to convince wife not to take the shots, but she too second shot got up middle of the night for advil, passed out on falling head hit the gas stove knocked gas knob off and went back to bed. I got up and rechecked stove was still on and not lit! Just came home from a hunting trip who knows what would have happened had I not been home.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

As soon as I tested positive my doctor prescribed a Zpac antibiotic to prevent secondary infections such as pneumonia

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I think the reason there is such a wide range of severity levels with it is that many people already had immunity from it, since certain strains of the common cold are sufficiently similar to it that the antibodies for it also work against COVID19. This is a phenomenon known to medical science, which is why it's odd that they haven't worked overtime isolating those cold germs and offering them to the population at large.

Yes.

Another thing to consider is that their test is not testing for COVID-19. It's testing for COVID.

If you test positive for COVID, it means you have a fugking cold. This is why so many people say "I tested positive for COVID and I'm fine." They're not lying.

If you have developed pneumonia, you most likely started, with a COLD.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Had it 3 weeks after both shots couple days pretty rough sinus drainage and bad flu symptoms. Had pneumonia several times before far worse, which is why I took the shots regret doing that now.

Tried in vain to convince wife not to take the shots, but she too second shot got up middle of the night for advil, passed out on falling head hit the gas stove knocked gas knob off and went back to bed. I got up and rechecked stove was still on! Just came home from a hunting trip who knows what would have happened had I not been home.

Jesus dude.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Tarkio: Not me!
Nor any member of my family.
I have been fully vaccinated for over month now.
Hoping for the best.I hope YOU have no long term debilitations from the china red death wuhan lab induced misery.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Have you had pneumonia before?

Having caught both pneumonia was much worse

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually amazed neither my wife or I caught it living her in So Cal. If we did, we were not aware of it. I personally know two people who died from it a former coworker and my nephews father in law.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 69 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.