24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm fairly certain I had it end of last May. I'm around my folks just about daily, and nice guy that I am, I passed it to them. They tested posititve the first week of June after symptoms started to show up. I was never tested.

I felt crappy for a couple of days. Taste was gone. I wasn't eating and losing strength and energy. By day 3, I forced myself to down a bowl of chicken noodle soup. With a little grub in my belly, I felt better almost immediately. I had the swine flu in 2009; it was so much worse, I can't even describe the difference. I was sick as hell, running a constant 101/102° fever for 3-4 days. Nothing would knock it down. I ended up at the doctor. 2020 was a whole lotta nary in comparison.

My folks had a different go of it. My mom was sick, but had done her research, and was forcing herself to eat and drink throughout the illness even though she said that everything had a foul taste to it. She thinks it may have affected her memory. She started coming around a month ago, but has been having a hard time remembering simple things. Honestly though, I can't say there is a correlation. The illness may have pushed something that was already sliding. Who knows.

My dad wouldn't eat or drink, and by day 5, I thought he might have had a stroke. We were zoom meeting with doctors, and were advised to stay home. I told my mom "that's it we're taking him in". Off to the ER. He didn't argue with me when I told him that we were taking him in. That had me concerned. He F'n hates hospitals.

The doc hooked him up to a 55 gallon drum of saline, and after 3 days in the hospital, he was arguing with the docs to leave. He was punchy for a couple of weeks, and I kept an eye on him, but he came around. The doctors at Centracare told him that he was one of the least sick people they had in the ICU. The ICU at Centracare hospital was the landing spot for all Covid+ patients regardless of how sick they were.

My wife showed no signs. My 17 year old daughter had the loss of taste, and felt crappy for a few days. My younger sons showed no signs whatsoever.

None of us are open to getting the vaccine. The whole pin cushion/guinea pig thing bothers us greatly. What I took away from it more than anything else, is that you need to keep your fluids and food intake up even though a glass of water might taste like kerosene. I know it hits everyone a little different, but our "strain" up here if you will was more about intake than outgoing. I didn't hear about anyone throwing up around here. I'm friggin' thankful it wasn't worse.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty sure I had it last fall. My wife tested me for flu. Was negative. Would have had to go to town for a Corona test. Just took a dose of Ivomec and knocked it down, then a bootleg Zpack for lingering cough.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Pretty sure both the youngest daughter and I had it back in late Jan/early Feb of 2020.
Both of us were down for 2 weeks+.
Terrible cough, to the point of passing out and tossing chow.
Ached like I'd been beaten severely.
Not a lot of fever, but periodically.
Seems like my smeller and taste were effected.
Way worser than any cold/flu either of us ever had.
No plans to get a vaccine shot.

Never tested.

I had something very similar to this in late January or early February of 2019.

IN January I had to go to an employment agency to apply for a job. The place was a bit scummy and folks from every corner of the world were in there looking for work. I was about a week into the job when I came down with a never ending cough, headache and sore throat. One morning about half way through it I was sure I was getting pneumonia. My lungs hurt from the coughing and I couldn't get a full breath. By this time I was living on cough syrup, Tylenol cold and throat spray only. All in all it lasted 10 days and it was another full week before I was close to 100% I have been on blood thinners since 2009. I don't know it this was a factor in getting through it or not. I'm sure it didn't hurt.

It could of been SARS or MERS since this was well before the official start of Covid19. I have not had as much as a sniffle since then and I work in a high exposure job where several co workers have gotten the Covid. I have not yet been vaccinated. I'm in no hurry to get vaccinated.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Wife and I both have it now. Wife lost her sense of taste and smell with a slight fever.
Mine is different, no loss of taste it smell, no real fever spiked, but very fatigued and nightly sweating with a severe headache. Waking up in a pool of water every morning. Going on about 2 and a half weeks. Been taking Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D3, Quercetin, and aspirin. Forcing myself to stay hydrated and eat something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wife and I had it. She was pregnant at time and had a heck of time for 2 weeks. I had one night of feeling like she slipped something into my drink to have her way with me.....woke up next day fine with exception of smell/taste.

Yup.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nash, you have same symptoms as me. Good luck brother.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by nash22
Wife and I both have it now. Wife lost her sense of taste and smell with a slight fever.
Mine is different, no loss of taste it smell, no real fever spiked, but very fatigued and nightly sweating with a severe headache. Waking up in a pool of water every morning. Going on about 2 and a half weeks. Been taking Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D3, Quercetin, and aspirin. Forcing myself to stay hydrated and eat something.

You need to add:

VIT C – 500-1,000 mg / day

Corticosteroid Budesonide inhaler
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ymptoms-trial-finds-20210210-p5716m.html

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
In March of 2020 I went to a friends house. He had started feeling lousy that afternoon. 2 or 3 weeks later my wife and I both stated getting sore throats and headaches. My friend wife was getting the same symptoms but she also lost her sense of taste and smell.

dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had what I thought was my annual sinus infection. Same symptoms I deal with once or twice a season it seems. The fever and chills lasted two days and as usual, let up and I was feeling better everyday. 5 days later it returned but only worse. Called dr and had several vid appts, I was being treated for another sinus infection. After a few days I went and got tested, came back 3 days later inconclusive. Follow up test came back 4 days later positive. By now I was feeling better but just weaker and tired easily, and developed a painful cough. That was end of February. I still have the cough and tire easily and a few days ago felt like I couldn't catch my breath, also started smelling second hand cigarette smoke everywhere, whether in my house, car or at work where no one was smoking. Went back to dr., normal check up and ekg were ok, but bloodwork showed a very high "d dimer'" result so I'm now waiting on a chest cat scan. If I don't talk too much or laugh the cough isn't so bad, the more I talk the cough becomes worse and more frequent. The cig smell, comes and goes, lasting for a few seconds to a few minutes. Just sucks!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I had it. I’ve had flu’s that were worse, although I lost taste and smell for a few weeks.

F the vax.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tested negative back in October after having a very slight fever for a couple of days and some nasal congestion, I figure it was an ordinary cold and not Covid. Other than that I haven't been sick in over year.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Actually amazed neither my wife or I caught it living her in So Cal. If we did, we were not aware of it. I personally know two people who died from it a former coworker and my nephews father in law.

Why are you more prone to catch it in Southern California?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Actually amazed neither my wife or I caught it living her in So Cal. If we did, we were not aware of it. I personally know two people who died from it a former coworker and my nephews father in law.

Why are you more prone to catch it in Southern California?

because of all of the Covid positive illegals coming from the border into So Cal

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the best of my knowledge, neither my wife nor I have had the china flu. I'm a first responder and know for a fact that I have been around 8-10 people that had it. If the truth be known, either I've had it and didn't know it or I'll probably never get it, considering I've been around it so much. My wife thought she might have had it, got tested for the china flu and the regular flu, and both were negative. Neither of us has been vaccinated and neither of us plan to get vaccinated.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have quarantined three times because of exposure and never contracted the China virus, nor has my wife. We went to Alaska last August, eat out quite often, and travel often. I seldom wear a mask.

This past week we did get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I had zero side effects, not even a sore arm.

That night my wife got the chills and elevated heart rate. She was back to normal the next day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not me, not anyone in my family, and nobody who I know has been diagnosed with COVID.

I had my first COVID shot on 4/6, number 2 scheduled for 4/27.

Wife has had both of her shots and the kids have had their first shots.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You’re most fugking likely gonna live with the China virus . For fugk’s sake

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I had a minor flu February 3020, slightly worse than a cold. I was slowed down for 3-4 days, and bedridden only 1/2 a day.

My son then got it slightly worse than I had. Then my wife got it. She was in bed with a temperature, aches and chills for 8 days. She had a dry cough for three weeks.

All in all we didn’t get hammered by the Chinese flu.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Not me, not anyone in my family, and nobody who I know has been diagnosed with COVID.

I had my first COVID shot on 4/6, number 2 scheduled for 4/27.

Wife has had both of her shots and the kids have had their first shots.

You must be so damn proud

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
You’re most fugking likely gonna live with the China virus . For fugk’s sake

That’s not what Don Lemon said.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.