Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
What to make of this one?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/virgi...d-pepper-sprayed-him-over-a-traffic-stop

Guess it all depends on what happened leading up to the video

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what I have read about this one, the driver slowly drove to a well lit area then pulled over. How this is a "Felony Traffic Stop" is beyond me. Granted he should have got out of the vehicle but the cops could have said why he was pulled over. I normally am a big supporter of the men and women in blue too.

Last edited by himmelrr; 04/11/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This one looks bad for the PoPo,
But as always there's more to come out ,thankfully he wasn't shot

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What happened leading up to the start of the video is irrelevant. Refusing to get out of the vehicle is irrelevant. Failing to stop is irrelevant.

Dem po-po is rasssist

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/11/21.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
What happened leading up to the start of the video is irrelevant. Refusing to get out of the vehicle is irrelevant. Failing to stop is irrelevant.

Dem po-po is rasssist

You bet your A$$ it is, the soldier doesn’t have to submit to Bullchit

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/11/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
With two Cop cars? Maybe the driver was rolling for quite a while with flashing red and blues on his tail.

Originally stop was initiated on account of no license plate, ergo no Cop screen computer info on owner? Unknown vehicle, unknown occupants, failing to comply?

I imagine most traffic stops those same Cops just write tickets and give out warnings and stuff.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 04/11/21.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Dem po-po is rasssist

Dam Skippy, no matter what the Supreme Court says lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a cop pull on me because I stopped where I felt safe right here in San Antonio whilst in uniform and I’m white. The tickets he wrote got thrown out and he received dept disciplinary action after being scolded by the judge and prosecutor. I smiled and winked at him in court and walked out. I used my power of “subpoena” (which the court clerk tried to deny) to defeat him. I subpoenaed the Chief of Police of San Antonio, all academy instructors, and his supervisors. I never even hired a lawyer.

Too many puss-nutted LEO out there.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/11/21.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sue the shiit out of that department.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Dem po-po is rasssist

Is it not common (relatively speaking) where you are for some folks (particularly women) to continue to a lit gas station, etc? I don't believe I've ever reacted in that manner when it's happened

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I had a cop pull on me because I stopped where I felt safe right here in San Antonio whilst in uniform and I’m white. The ticket he wrote got thrown out and he received dept disciplinary action after being scolded by the judge and prosecutor. I smiled and winked at him in court and walked out. I used my power of “subpoena” which the court clerk tried to deny to defeat him. I subpoenaed the Chief of Police of San Antonio, all academy instructors, and his supervisors.

Sounds to me like the system worked in your case.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had a cop pull on me because I stopped where I felt safe right here in San Antonio whilst in uniform and I’m white. The tickets he wrote got thrown out and he received dept disciplinary action after being scolded by the judge and prosecutor. I smiled and winked at him in court and walked out. I used my power of “subpoena” (which the court clerk tried to deny) to defeat him. I subpoenaed the Chief of Police of San Antonio, all academy instructors, and his supervisors. I never even hired a lawyer.

Badass

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Everyone was kind of acting retarded during that whole ordeal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
What to make of this one.

Looking for a check, and having just enough knowledge to possibly pull it off.

No different than the guys who cause other vehicles to rear end them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by NH K9

Dem po-po is rasssist

Is it not common (relatively speaking) where you are for some folks (particularly women) to continue to a lit gas station, etc? I don't believe I've ever reacted in that manner when it's happened

Is that what happened? I ask because the video doesn't show it, and I wasn't there.

As I said in the other thread. There were 3 retards in that video. 1 in the military and two police officers.

But facts are facts, if a cop requests you get out of your vehicle during a traffic stop, Pennsylvania v. Mims says you get out. You can b itch about their demeanor all you want.

I don't know where you worked, but interference and/or disobey are usually violations of the law.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/11/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
10 minutes into it and I just got to make 2 points that would have possible de-escalated the situation.

1. The driver should have complied with all commands.
2. The LEO's should have told him why he was being stopped and remain calm.

The driver is clearly at fault for not complying with a lawful order but he wasn't loud at first, in fact he was calm and collected. He just wanted to know why he was being stopped. His hands were out the window so the LEO's could have approached the situation differently (but he should have complied with the lawful orders) the LEO's were not calm and didn't have good tactics as to calmly control the situation.

This is, of course, not knowing what led up to the traffic stop and only watching the first 10 minutes so far.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Cops look like a bunch of Jack booted thugs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dem po-po is rasssist

That's because you're a man of intelligence and Class. It makes a difference.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Not an apples to apples comparison I know but a few years ago on a family vacation in Maine I was pulled over on an extraordinarily busy 2-lane highway with very little to no shoulder. I turned into a parking lot in the interest of officer safety.

He got pretty upset with me. When he walked back to his car my eldest daughter, 19 at the time, said “daddy I’ve never heard ANYONE talk to you like THAT before!”

Fortunately keeping a cool head allowed me to drive off with only a warning. I have had interactions with arrogant cops before but that one really pissed me off... until he let me go then I was like oh whatever Barney we’re good.

At any rate seems good for everyone if driver pulls into a well lit area. On the other hand I’m not a cop and I understand I don’t think like one either.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 15 invisible), 1,910 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,381
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.