Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I know that's a contradiction . It's been awhile since I paid attention to what available. ,. Something to go on a backup rifle and not go for chit after a couple of trips to the range. 30-06 Enfield BSA factory sporter, it's an accurate hunting rifle. .

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I know that's a contradiction . It's been awhile since I paid attention to what available. ,. Something to go on a backup rifle and not go for chit after a couple of trips to the range. 30-06 Enfield BSA factory sporter, it's an accurate hunting rifle. .

Did someone say BSA enfield? Well, this is what I use on mine:
Model B^^

Model E:

Keep it simple. Not much compares (in this price range) to the Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fullfield is the go to for reliable and affordable

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Agreed. The Fullfield II is the way to go.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Another vote for the Fullfield II or Fullfield E1. I believe that the new Fullfield IV is Chicom made.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just picked up a FFII myself. If you’re worried about BC caps, it’s no biggie. I set it straight on 5x and turning to 9x puts it at about 3:00. Going lower isn’t bad. The lid is a little obstructive, but lays pretty flat. I think a little shaving in it and it’ll lay even lower.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think I have three FF IIs now, and a 30mm E1. Also an E1 4.5-14. Not crazy about the later BP reticles, but zero issues with the scopes. $190 is the most I paid for any of them.

If you find some extra money in some old pants, Trijicon still has several 3-9s starting at about $500.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are quality dependable offerings in budget 3-9's offered by Burris, Hawke and Athlon

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B3

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
A Bushnell Elite would be a good choice! I believe ALL of the Elites were made in Japan. Not sure if the newer "tacticooler" chinese scopes are in the same ballpark though.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
There are quality dependable offerings in budget 3-9's offered by Burris, Hawke and Athlon

I guess I am missing something. Are USA consumers really purchasing and supporting these Chinese CCP (Hawke and Athlon, not sure about the current Burris) made goods? Have you had your head in the sand?
China is not your friend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doug is in New York, has been very good to the ‘fire, and offers impeccable service. I don’t think he’s responsible for our country’s economic policy.

Just a thought while sitting in my Chinese made office chair typing on my Chinese made iPhone.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by 16bore
Doug is in New York, has been very good to the ‘fire, and offers impeccable service. I don’t think he’s responsible for our country’s economic policy.

Just a thought while sitting in my Chinese made office chair typing on my Chinese made iPhone.

Comrade,
Sounds like you have already surrendered. Not me !!! F*** the CCCP

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by NWT
[
Comrade,

Seriously? So you don't have a vehicle? You don't have any appliances in your home? You don't have a laptop or phone? No heating and AC in your home? What device are you using to post here? Think about that for a moment.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Well stated...

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by NWT
[
Comrade,

Seriously? So you don't have a vehicle? You don't have any appliances in your home? You don't have a laptop or phone? No heating and AC in your home? What device are you using to post here? Think about that for a moment.

Bobby,
YES , Seriously!!!
One of our greatest freedoms is hunting and shooting. The CCP wants to end all democracy and the freedoms we enjoy.
The CCCP is in the largest military buildup in the history of the world. Some items we are forced to buy Chinese at this time, Sport Optics is not one of them. The CCP hates America. Sounds like you have surrendered too!!! Time to open your eyes on what is going on in the world. The CCP what’s to end our way of life, and our children’s future is at stake.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If China dropped a billion rounds of 22LR on the market for $0.99/box it’d be gone in15 minutes. Maybe 20.

So don’t buy a scope. I’m sure that the USA market share is pretty small. Who knows....except Doug

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
If China dropped a billion rounds of 22LR on the market for $0.99/box it’d be gone in15 minutes. Maybe 20.

So don’t buy a scope. I’m sure that the USA market share is pretty small. Who knows....except Doug

Comrade 16,
Feels like you support the CCP and or have a defeatist passive attitude.
Not sure where you have been the last decade. The CCP has infiltrated our major universities/colleges with spies, the CCP is spending billions of dollars in attempts to hack our military and technology companies. The CCP cheats, steals , and bribes their way while people like you and Bobby give them a pass. I have been to Beijing and Shanghai 6 times in the past 30 months. I have experience first hand what is going on there. We have more control over our purchases. Has your head been in the sand the past decade and especially the past 15 months? Do you not understand the CCP hates the USA?
It’s passive and naive people like you who will wake up one day and ask what has happened, and respond maybe we should have paid attention. So sad.
Go ahead and be proud of your value CCP made sport optics while you are hunting or shooting in your free country. Maybe you don’t care but I will guarantee the majority of us do care. F*** the CCP !!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Who is the maker of this scope ?

Thanks

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT

Comrade 16,
Not sure where you have been the last decade. The CCP has infiltrated our major universities/colleges with spies, the CCP is spending billions of dollars in attempts to hack our military and technology companies. The CCP cheats, steals , and bribes their way while people like you and Bobby give them a pass. I have been to Beijing and Shanghai 6 times in the past 30 months. I have experience first hand what is going on there. We have more control over our purchases. Has your head been in the sand the past decade and especially the past 15 months? Do you not understand the CCP hates the USA?
It’s passive and naive people like you who will wake up one day and ask what has happened, and respond maybe we should have paid attention. So sad.
Go ahead and be proud of your value CCP made sport optics while you are hunting or shooting in your free country. Maybe you don’t care but I will guarantee the majority of us do care. F*** the CCP !!!

Well hotshot, you shoulda fixed it while you were there.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm a Canuck and we have many more grievances with China, but one has to be realistic, it's backup rifle. NWT do you have a dependable $150 option ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Thanks

That's the Burris.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found the scope maker.
Thanks again.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colorado bob

Thanks

That's the Burris.

Thanks Bob

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I'm a Canuck and we have many more grievances with China, but one has to be realistic, it's backup rifle. NWT do you have a dependable $150 option ?

Canuck,
Reliable , Dependable scope for $150 . Nope , and neither do the CCP.
I agree. You country has lots of problems with the CCP. Just look at all of the defective vaccines the CCP just sold your Boy King and the mess your country is in because of the CCP
Why anyone finds a excuse to purchase or sell CCP made goods, is telling me they are will to compromise their integrity and willing to sell their soul for the dollar or in Canada’s case a looney.
No one needs to buy sport optics from the China CCP.
The Chinese CCP hates the free world. Are you living in a vacuum the past decade? Do you care about the future and your children’s future? We can weed out a lot of the Chinese CCP made goods out of our societies if we all just decide to make a choice on our purchases. Time to wake up.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

Well hotshot, you shoulda fixed it while you were there.
[/quote]

Comrade 16 Bore,
Feels like you are a supporter of the CCP or you have already surrendered . So sad.
It’s people like you (Passive, Uneducated and Unpatriotic) who allow the CCP to become stronger.
Over and out comrade 16bore , enjoy your communist China made sport optics and other Chinese communist made products.
Some people are just uneducated, uninformed and ignorant to see past their nose.
It’s wake up time regarding the CCP , believe it or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just what I thought, another troll.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks

That is a current production Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 with ballistic plex reticle, item #200162. Made in the Philippines.

*Edit* Looks like my northern neighbor Bob beat me to it.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 04/12/21.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

Comrade 16 bore,
That’s the type of simple minded response one gets from the uneducated , uninformed and unpatriotic.
Time to wake up and become aware of the world we are living in comrade 16B

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
FC! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Alex38
Another vote for the Fullfield II or Fullfield E1. I believe that the new Fullfield IV is Chicom made.

Yep.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Burris Droptine has FFII glass but a normal ocular end as I understand it. Made in the Philippines.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
So is it OK to buy a Burris FF 2 made in the Philippines even though they also sell China made scopes and mounts?

Asking for a friend who is a patriot.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Yep, I figured that out after his first couple of posts on this thread. There are places on this site to spew all the political BS you want, but the hunting optics forum is not it. Stick to the Hunter's Campfire forum for all that crap. I put him on ignore.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Burris Droptine has FFII glass but a normal ocular end as I understand it. Made in the Philippines.

I have never looked through a FF ll but I do have 3-9x40 Droptine and the glass on it is marginal at best. Yes the Droptine is made in the Phillipines but it is unlikely that I will purchase another one given the poor quality of the glass, if it was for anything other than a low-end 22 LR I would not have kept it.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Elite 4200/4500,Weaver Grand Slam,Sightron SII...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sightron S2’s are boring according to my friend after 7 years of hunting with it no adjustments still zeroed. He asked me for something cooler & more expensive for a new rifle. He liked the Zeiss Conquest better but it isn’t any more dependable. Mine is on a 30-06 used roughly by my dad, son & grandson scope looks like heck still holds zero.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by NWT

Comrade 16,

NWT, I am just very curious as to what your purpose was for being in China 6 times in the past 30 months. Maybe tourism, I don't know. I am somewhat sure it was not that you are working for a company that is in bed with the CCP or is anyway cooperating with the Chinese on anything to their advantage. From the sound of your posts, I can only believe that you were there to counter their threat to the United States. And it would seem that if that was the case, the Chinese would not allow you to be there 6 times in 30 months, unless you re an undercover agent or similar. Please explain , if you will. Thanks. RJ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by panzerkiller13
A Bushnell Elite would be a good choice! I believe ALL of the Elites were made in Japan. Not sure if the newer "tacticooler" chinese scopes are in the same ballpark though.

This, I bought a LNIB Bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 here on the fire for $230. Jap made. I bought it as a spare just to drag along on hunting tripped but ended up putting it on an Interarms Mark x 308 my Dad gave me. That is a damn nice scope in my opinion.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 04/13/21.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rj308
Originally Posted by NWT

Comrade 16,

NWT, I am just very curious as to what your purpose was for being in China 6 times in the past 30 months. Maybe tourism, I don't know. I am somewhat sure it was not that you are working for a company that is in bed with the CCP or is anyway cooperating with the Chinese on anything to their advantage. From the sound of your posts, I can only believe that you were there to counter their threat to the United States. And it would seem that if that was the case, the Chinese would not allow you to be there 6 times in 30 months, unless you re an undercover agent or similar. Please explain , if you will. Thanks. RJ

Woohan Flu Super spreader.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
So is it OK to buy a Burris FF 2 made in the Philippines even though they also sell China made scopes and mounts?

Asking for a friend who is a patriot.

That's an evaluation one will need to make. Doesn't seem to matter to many, but, their practice of using the same product line names for chinky and unchinky products is sleazy imo, eg Signature, Fullfield... The equivalent would be Leupold dubbing a fully MIC riflescope VX Feedom ii or some chit. That'd be sleazy. One way to get the message to Burris and their retailers would be to tell them to fuuckoff if they're going MIC...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks

That is a current production Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 with ballistic plex reticle, item #200162. Made in the Philippines.

Thanks again for the 411
I was wondering if it was a current model.
I think I will try one out. Now, I need to find one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Bushnell Japanese made 3000 series is no longer available, the place in the lineup is some Chinese made with a fancy name. ,So the question.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Sig scopes seem to be a good,affordable choice if used is not an option...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Guys still arguing politics here, while the first 2 posters hit the nail on the head. Pretty hard to go wrong with the FFII 3-9x40 and one guy even posted pics of how they fit on the OP's exact rifle. Assuming, of course, he's talking about a BSA m1917 made from 1949-1952 wink

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bingo. Pretty easy decision.

As I posted on another Chinese scope thread, there’s so much CCP stuff in our life at the component level we never see, there’s no practical way to filter for it, BUT, recreational goods like optics often, not always, give us the chance to avoid feeding the Dragon with minimal effort. Not sure how much actual impact choosing Philippine goods over Chicom has but it can’t hurt, especially if you take the time to contact the retailers and “manufacturers” and tell them about your buying decisions and the reasons for them. At some point that MAY make a difference. Can’t be any more of a waste of time than say, writing your congressman.

Dear Burris,

I just bought a FF II scope. I kinda wanted a FF IV, but just can’t bring myself to spend money that supports a regime that wants to end the American Way of Life.

Respectfully,

Boomie

cc: Larry, Doug, & Jeff,

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice work Pappy.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
LOL

PS, Burris GFY

--- Kid Rock 2022

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

A used Leupold.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Poconojack

A used Leupold.

He asked for a "good" one

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Thanks

Thanks again for the 411

https://www.scheels.com/p/burris-fullfield-ii-3-9x40-ballistic-plex-riflescope/00038100162.html?cgid=optics-scopes#src=%22%22&utm_campaign=041321_shttng_email_shttng_trade-ins&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sfmc&utm_content=body-img_burris&sub=0015G00001ZAW8XQAX&start=18

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We just got a delivery of the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm - Ballistic Plex Reticle at $159.00 made in the Philippines

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LOL

PS, Burris GFY

Now Carl, we don’t want them to think you’re a crank, just cranky.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

Well stated...

Foolishly stated. You don't have a choice on phones, computers, most furniture at low price. You DO have a choice on optics. There are plenty that are not made in Communist China by slave labor. Anything that can be reasonably acquired without dealing with a Communist govt should be acquired so. The Communists are not our friends. They will use us as usefull fools and patronize greedy corporations and politicians but their goal is still world domination. We are their biggest obstacle. Do you seriously believe they would turn down the opportunity to eliminate us if cost feasible? They would. I will never again buy a Communist Chinese product if I have any other option whatsoever. Your argument is foolish.

What needs to happen is 1) find some way, any way to recover the House in 2022. 2) find some way to recover the Senate in all future elections. 3) Find some way to get rid or the Pretender in Chief. Keep pushing. States with ability are continuing to pursue election fraud. We must succeed.

Then demand we withdraw economically from Communist China. We do not need them. We can make everything made there here and employ Americans. Close the border. Aid Mexico in eliminating cartels militarily and Make America Great Again

Yes, that was a rant. There needs to be more. Communist China intentionally attacked us with a manufactured virus to disrupt our society, economy and elections. I will not let that go unnoticed and neither should anyone else here with an ounce of Patriotic Blood left in their veins. DAMN China.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by shootem
Communist China intentionally attacked us with a manufactured virus to disrupt our society, economy and elections. I will not let that go unnoticed and neither should anyone else here with an ounce of Patriotic Blood left in their veins. DAMN China.
Exactly right. They've ruined millions of peoples lives with their damn bio weapon virus. Which is why I can't understand there not being a huge nationwide outcry to nuke the bastards. They killed my mother with their stinking virus. If I had my way the whole fuuckin place {China} would be gone already.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We just got a delivery of the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm - Ballistic Plex Reticle at $159.00 made in the Philippines

Since I want to support the Philippines (and CameralandNY) I just ordered one of these.

Last edited by logger; 04/14/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logger

Since I want to support the Philippines (and CameralandNY) I just ordered one of these.

We appreciate the support, thank you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Burris Fullfield II

Last edited by ar15a292f; 04/14/21.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by shootem
Communist China intentionally attacked us with a manufactured virus to disrupt our society, economy and elections. I will not let that go unnoticed and neither should anyone else here with an ounce of Patriotic Blood left in their veins. DAMN China.
Exactly right. They've ruined millions of peoples lives with their damn bio weapon virus. Which is why I can't understand there not being a huge nationwide outcry to nuke the bastards. They killed my mother with their stinking virus. If I had my way the whole fuuckin place {China} would be gone already.

Amen.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
LOL

PS, Burris GFY

PS: Burris you are cordially invited to GFY?

--- Kid Rock 2022

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Thanks Doug,

I just ordered a couple.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Good to hear.

--- Kid Rock 2022

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Any idea if Burris is discontinuing the Fullfield II and E1, and replacing them with the (China) IV???

Or are they going to continue making ALL of them (AND the Drop Tine)....???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We just got deliveries on FFII's and Burris is still accepting orders so it's all good for now

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nice to see the price drop.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
LOL

PS, Burris GFY

PS: Burris you are cordially invited to GFY?

Much better.

Courtesy is never a mistake.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burrtikka...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Last edited by 24HourCampFireGuy50; 04/14/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Thanks

Thanks again for the 411

https://www.scheels.com/p/burris-fullfield-ii-3-9x40-ballistic-plex-riflescope/00038100162.html?cgid=optics-scopes#src=%22%22&utm_campaign=041321_shttng_email_shttng_trade-ins&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sfmc&utm_content=body-img_burris&sub=0015G00001ZAW8XQAX&start=18

Thanks Ed

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’ve been waiting on Doug to get these in, have two on the way now as well. Get em while they’re hot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Burris Fullfield E1 is excellent, also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe the upper end of the affordable stuff...

Used Meopta meopro. Or cavelas instinct or Zeiss conquest.

They pop up in the classifieds for ~$350 or even cheaper sometimes.

USA assemblied to boot.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Burrtikka...

[Linked Image]

Burtalleytikka...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by logger

We appreciate the support, thank you

That's a good deal. Thanks for being here for us Doug!!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EdM
Nice to see the price drop.

The price is up and down. I bought some last year for $152.00...and then in 2018 I pad $131.00 new. Funny because my first American made FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle cost me $175.00 in 1998....

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s $395.24 in 2021 dollars.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yep, so like I said, the prices are all over the place. I've always managed to find them in the neighborhood of $131.00-$160.00 in recent years though. One of the best deals in rifle scopes we've had for years... I believe when I bought my first FFII with ballistic plex that was the first year they offered that reticle in the FFII. That's been one of the best rifle scopes I've had. Its been on 9 different rifles and its always held zero. Didn't matter if it was on a 300wby, 375, or 223 rem.. it always worked very well..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

That was for a USA made scope.

Question: Would a reliable, American made 3-9x40 be a success if it sold for $400 in today's market?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It's just appalling how those greedy American factory workers think they should be paid enough so they can live in a house and drive a car to work. American goods would be so much more competitively priced if they'd just get used to living in grass huts and riding a jackass to work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

Question: Would a reliable, American made 3-9x40 be a success if it sold for $400 in today's market?

Isn’t that what Leupold is attempting to do?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
@ BSA1917Hunter

How’s your luck been with the reticle subtensions?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by panzerkiller13

This, I bought a LNIB Bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 here on the fire for $230. Jap made. I bought it as a spare just to drag along on hunting tripped but ended up putting it on an Interarms Mark x 308 my Dad gave me. That is a damn nice scope in my opinion.

Agree. Nice scope.

I think they’re made in Japan by Light Optical Works (LOW) one of the top optics houses anywhere. I believe LOW makes some high end, expensive stuff.

DF

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Attempting is the word here.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Those Bushnells had a bit shorter eye relief than some prefer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Attempting is the word here.

And they’ve been making a 3-9x40 for how long???

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The click stop, multi coated VX-2 were fairly recent.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I guess it’s time for me to get my eyes checked.The glass in the FF2 just doesn’t do it for me...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bull64
I guess it’s time for me to get my eyes checked.The glass in the FF2 just doesn’t do it for me...

The 2X10 Tract Toric will get it done for you

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just ordered a FF II from Doug. Can't go wrong for $160 shipped.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Those Bushnells had a bit shorter eye relief than some prefer.

That's true. But not short enough to cause an issue. I have several, none on really nasty kickers.

I have'em on .270, 358 Win, .223, .45 Colt (Marlin Cowboy rilfe) and 45-70. Even on the 45-70, no problem. But that stock fits really well and I have no issues getting whacked by the scope even with full house loads.

The glass is really good, about as good as a VX-3 or VX-3i. But, I've never had to send one back for any reason. They track well, hold zero and seem to be pretty tough.

IMO, the 3200 series isn't in the same league with 4200/4500's.

DF

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In Canada the 3000 were exactly half the price of the 4000. A 3500 3x9x40 was $230 and a 4200 2.5x10x40 $460. Canadian dollars, Leupold and Burris were both more expensive in Canada, even allowing for exchange rate than Bushnell.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

You will like it Bob!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully they work out great for everyone.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Remember when the 4200s cleared out at $125 and we all went googoo over them until they were gone? I ended up deciding I didn't like them and sold 'em off.

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Remember when the 4200s cleared out at $125 and we all went googoo over them until they were gone? I ended up deciding I didn't like them and sold 'em off.

Hope you made a profit. Don’t think you’ll find many these days at that price.

I kept mine. What didn’t you like about them?

DF

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Deer missing SOBs! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Deer missing SOBs! LOL

Well, now that's a different story.... blush

grin

DF

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

You will like it Bob!

Are they still manufactured in the Philippines? Have several I bought years ago and they are well worth the money.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by woods_walker

You will like it Bob!

Are they still manufactured in the Philippines? Have several I bought years ago and they are well worth the money.

The ii is made in the Philippines, the iv is made in China.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

91 members (AnthonyB, 35, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, 160user, 41rem, 12 invisible), 970 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,502
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.