-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can someone explain to me an official/procedural/legal reason the police officers presented two outcomes and forced the driver to choose? Not knowing such a reason makes it appear that they might be leveraging a CYA (cover your ass) maneuver.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Doesn’t matter, they clearly see the uniform. They resent soldiers, especially successful ones.

Having served in the military, I saw a lot of felony level crime, especially in the enlisted ranks.

Funny because a good deal of police serving in the US came with military backgrounds

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn’t matter how you slice it, cops are a$$holes...

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
They just resent soldiers

They do in some places. A friend of mine served on the grand jury in Georgetown, Texas many years ago. If you were black or a Ft. Hood soldier you were assumed to be guilty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In fact, I never knew a GI that transitioned into civilian LE that wasn’t an a$$hole...

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Doesn’t matter, they clearly see the uniform. They resent soldiers, especially successful ones.

Having served in the military, I saw a lot of felony level crime, especially in the enlisted ranks.

Funny because a good deal of police serving in the US came with military backgrounds

Haha hell half are still serving while police lol.

This guy is full of information.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fuggin pigs!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
In fact, I never knew a GI that transitioned into civilian LE that wasn’t an a$$hole...

Thank God the military has such high standards lmao

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many active duty folk do moonlight as LEO, still a$$holes...

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Sure. But where’s the right to “not have been a dick to?” KeeReist. I deal with dicks everyday. Certainly leo does, too. Anybody else? Doesn’t change the rules of the game.

I saw a fellow who was doing nothing wrong and didn't seem interested in being shot.

I also saw to police officers who need their nuts ran through a meat grinder.

Perhaps we didn't watch the same video.

Greg, i wonder if the basis of our disagreeing over what we each saw boils down to this:

I take it as a given that if LEO pulls me over, and gives me an order, i damn well need to do it. “Unjust, “rude,” “unwarranted,” or “mistaken identity” is irrelevant at that point in time; that’s for the courts to figure out if the outcome is so much worse than an inconvenience. Feelings hurt in the process? Reckon i’ll pull through.

Don’t think there exists “law” stating a leo needs to justify, explain, and pretty-please to someone pulled over, and if not, said someone can disregard leo’s order.

Does my stance presume a high percentage of very decent, earnest, committed, if still human leo’s (and a relatively scant number of bad apples)? Yes. And i’ll take that bet every day.

Plenty of people been shot because of contradictory orders from cops. One yelling “Keep your hands up”, the other yelling “Get outta the car”. You make a move to comply with either and you’re likely to get shot.

‘Bwana, i’m not following you, eh.

Are you saying, because in 0.0001% of stops (or some other astonishingly low number) when there is a tragic outcome due to humans under stress & mis-understanding, that therefore one is permitted to obstinately refuse to exit the vehicle when told to by law enforcement?

Have to remember that on the next fishing trip to Vermillion Bay area. Well, when ya’ll open the border, anyway. ‘Course, guess we could just sneak over the border and if caught, refuse to comply with orders to “Stop!” ... hey wadeaminute der... if I obey, he probably won’t shoot me, but if i keep running with my case of Labatt’s Blue and fishing rod, he darn well might shoot me.

See, it IS the smarter route to just do what leo says, and no Blue’s will get broken in the struggle. Priorities.

Two (or more) cops yelling conflicting instructions at you - which one do you obey?

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by kingston

Either you can hand out an ass chewing or you can write a ticket, but not both.

I’ll take as ass chewing every day of the week if it’s instead of a ticket.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LEO powertrip psychology is akin to the diddlers that seemingly volunteer for all child activities.

Abusers

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/11/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LEO psychology is akin to the diddlers that seemingly volunteer for all child activities.

What a gem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yo momma

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If only you knew my amusement with this.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yo momma

Keep showing your lack of intelligence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a problem

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If only you knew my amusement with this.

I realize your life is pretty lame, and this is all the joy you have......showing the world how idiotic you are

It's riveting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Their original reason for the stop was because they couldn't see his temporary tag. Once they were in the well lit area, they could. So what was the reason for continuing with the whole "guns drawn, get out of the car" schtick? They could see that he was an army officer, why didn't they just apologize and let him go on his way?

Eh? I guess an officer on post has never been in the wrong, whether a moving violation or otherwise? Pulled over by the MP’s? Broke a traffic law (or worse) in a host country? If only the ranks could be so pure. Served in the officer corp? Been there. More/less same cross-section of human behavior you’ll find anywhere. Some loftier ideals, fortunately; but same human failings.

Add: And the 1Lt “running” the medical platoon admin while deployed with them would give the video’s protagonist (?) a run for his money when it comes to lack of sense.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just keep paying your taxes Handy, I’ll keep spending it, retired at 39

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.