H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Wow.
I’d have liked to have been there! $950 for an unmolested ‘55 270 FW is getting into BSA deal territory.

I stand corrected. I just looked at the listing and not notes, it was a standard, not a FW. My mistake.

$950.00 for an unmolested 270 Standard Rifle is also quite a bargain.

It's not really unmolested, without knowing the maker and more details and no pics, it's a parts gun

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by hikerbum

Wow.
I’d have liked to have been there! $950 for an unmolested ‘55 270 FW is getting into BSA deal territory.

I stand corrected. I just looked at the listing and not notes, it was a standard, not a FW. My mistake.

$950.00 for an unmolested 270 Standard Rifle is also quite a bargain.

It's not really unmolested, without knowing the maker and more details and no pics, it's a parts gun

I’m talking about the unmolested Standard Rifle that 160user referenced, not the gun that the OP requested a price check on.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
I would say the action is worth 3-6 hundred, barrel not a lot, stock? out here it might bring 6-700 for the whole package if it shoots very well. Pre 64 rifles have fallen off a bit in the last few years, I still buy and sell them but condition is everything.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My honest opinion, $700 tops assuming the bluing is very good. 270 is a Very common cal for pre 64, have seen many standards in 270 unmolested, showing normal wear running $750-850.
Stocks add zero so you have a barreled action from an unknown barrel manufacturer. If I were a buyer I’d see little more than a shooter or an action for a build. Prove the barrel is a Shilen and you could add some value to the pkg
Custom is more often a deduct in pre64s.

Last edited by Launchingrounds; 04/12/21.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I want to know where all these unmolested 270s for $750 to $850 are selling. Two years ago; yes. In this market, I sure haven’t been seeing them.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Sagerunner
I imagine I could sell it fast for $800 but I wouldn't sell it for that , I'd rather send it to jes and turn it into a 338-06 .

Ok.
You asked “what’s it worth, honest price.”
If the answers above aren’t what you want to hear, then list it for the price you want and let the chips fall.

Your idea of sending it to JES is probably a good one.

I find it odd you asked what it was worth, “fair price”, and then want to argue with what the folks on here are telling you. AK took the time to break it down piece by piece, and provided values for everything. Which was a more than fair assessment. Clearly you already have your mind made up what it’s worth, so post it for that price and see if it sells. Then you’ll have your answer as to what it’s with.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If it's a FW it will say so on the side of the barrel. Your rifle appears to be a shooter or a candidate for a custom build but has little collector value.

Its not a fwt. The receiver indicates it was made in 1954. It has aluminum bottom metal. Likely changed out by previous owner. The stock it's in is cheap, op doesn't even know how to spell shilen, so there's that. Is it a shilen, who knows? And no, your rifle is not a "custom". Sorry. If I had to put a price tag on it, It would be around $800.00 and hope for the best..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yes, I have.
You will definitely make more if you break it down and sell it separately, but it will be more work.
Sell the brass here.
Put the stocks on eBay; you might get $50 for the ram line and $100 for the blank.
The bottom metal on eBay will get $100-150.
Pull the barrel and put the action on on gunbroker; you will likely get $550-$750.
The barrel might bring $50-$100 on EBay.
Just depends on what your time is worth.
I think realistically if you put the whole shebang on here for $800 ... you would sell it.

I feel this is pretty accurate. I saw a nice, unmolested 1955 FW 270 yesterday sell for $950.

$950.00, where was that at? That’s a real bargain.

Yeah, pretty much an idiot not to get in on that action.. I wouldn't have let one get away at that price...just sayin

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I’ll offer $675 which is probably on the high side.

There is nothing left on it that is collectible, in all actuality the glow is off of pre-64's and building customs based on them. I would say that Sakohunter264's offer is more than fair given what it is, the rifle has a lot of things going against it having much value.

The Ramline stock is the lowest of the low-end stock, it adds no value whatever. The wood stock needing to be finished so it adds no value either because unless the buyer is an experienced stocker it is nothing more than a moneypit to throw money into.

The barrel possibly being a Shilen could add some value but without documentation and a good look with a bore-scope it is a "pig in a poke". And the contour does not appear to be a Featherweight contour.

What caliber is the rifle? If it is a magnum is it a factory magnum? If so, does it feed properly from the magazine.

The bolt has a hole in the handle which is indicative of a Featherweight. Do the numbers on the bolt match the number on the action?

The floorplate being non-magnetic is also indicative of a Featherweight.

drover

The hole in the bolt handle is not indicative of jack cheit, except it was made after 1952.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Wow.

Amen brother. You know I would have been on that like there was no tomorrow..

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Anybody here ever build a custom even close to 1k ? Personally don't care about the stock , but even with a ramline , I'd be interested in building a custom from a winchester or remington under a grand .....

Again, your rifle is not a "custom"..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In the past few weeks Ive seen a bunch of pre 64 model 70s. I picked up a 1952 standard in 3006 for 600 bucks. Only thing wrong with her was the finish was peeling down by the metal butt. Paid 100 bucks to my gun smith and the finish looks fantastic. Also picked up a shooter grade 1959 standard in 270 for 655 and some ammo. Looking at a 1953 standard in 3006 collector grade for 1100. And I might do some trading for a collector grade 1962 Fwt in 3006. Hes asking 1450 but will negotiate. That price is high in my opinion. So there you have it numbers are all over the place but there are still some good ones out there to be had.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
For all the dumbass's saying it's not a custom , read the the again. A sheilan barrel makes it a custom . They're over 300 and the fitting work is 2-300 depending on the Smith. When I ask for an opinion , I'm looking for someone who knows what a custom is . So , unless you've built one , go piss on another thread .

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

What did/would you pay for the gun? If I was selling would be happy to get my money back. You’re obviously not going to get a consensus on the gun here.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Realistically the value of the receiver is all you have there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There are people on this thread who have built more customs than you can imagine. And an unknown smith screwing on a barrel, even if maybe a shilen, and placing in a ram line stock - sure as heck doesn’t qualify as custom to any of them. There is no collector value, no custom value, and it’s sum of parts at best.
You aren’t hearing what you want to hear so people are pissing on your thread? You asked for opinions and a bunch of knowledgeable folks have taken the time to give them ... put your big boy pants on and think about it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There are people on this thread who have built more customs than you can imagine. And an unknown smith screwing on a barrel, even if maybe a shilen, and placing in a ram line stock - sure as heck doesn’t qualify as custom to any of them. There is no collector value, no custom value, and it’s sum of parts at best.
You aren’t hearing what you want to hear so people are pissing on your thread? You asked for opinions and a bunch of knowledgeable folks have taken the time to give them ... put your big boy pants on and think about it.

My thoughts exactly. If I found this for sale I'd offer the value of the action and that's about it. If the quality of the stock it was put in is any indication of the quality of the work that went into installing the aftermarket barrel, you don't have much. I hate that you aren't hearing the value you expected to hear, but it is what it is.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For all the dumbass's saying it's not a custom , read the the again. A sheilan barrel makes it a custom . They're over 300 and the fitting work is 2-300 depending on the Smith. When I ask for an opinion , I'm looking for someone who knows what a custom is . So , unless you've built one , go piss on another thread .

Your a FN idiot, with a gun with a cheap plastic stock and who knows what for a barrel. Don't ask the question if you can't handle the answer.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...33/wtt-winchester-model-670#Post15856833

$1100 is the answer he wants to hear.

I’m sorry, but I just can’t get there.

Put it on GB with no reserve and hope two people decide they want it.

I’m out on this one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
5 more pages? maybe 6

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,912 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.