Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name. I said, what does my name have to do with me being 21? Lol.

I told him they could keep that aluminum case ammo.

Some of the gun stores are helping to push this government overreach schit. It's obviously better for them if every single firearm purchase has to come through them. But, it's completely annoying.

According to some people, here on the fire, telling them that they didn't need your name (same as telling someone that it's none of their business), is wrong.

You did a no-no! So you now you get a time-out!

killerv, gunwizard, callnum, and akasparky are gonna be all over you; because you didn't give your name, blood type, next of kin, who you voted for, fingerprints, wife's maiden name, dog's sex, and what you have for supper the night before. I hope you can bear the strain.

Oh, by the way, GOOD FOR YOU!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Let’s see.

A good Man posted an aggravating experience that he had, a ten way pissing contest ensues and now he’s a mofo for posting what happened.

Welcome to The Campfire, LD.

Psalms 133, verse 1 comes to mind.

Carry on.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's a lot of money in selling mailing lists. I'd bet that your name would go on a list and be offered for sale. Then you'd be overrun with junk mail.

Exactly. Nothing worse than when you go to pay for something. “What’s a good phone number for ya”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recall when radio shack started this. Then Cabelas and now even the LGS thinks they have a right to ask for your phone number. I just tell the gals at the checkout "Thank you for asking but I'm married". If they can't handle that I tell them "No thank you" and occasionally if the checker is totally clueless I just say "Look, I'm not giving you my damm phone number".

And to think you don't even need an ID to vote in half of the USA.

God Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Information is $.
Googles primary source of money is to collect our data and sell it.
The states do the same.

Those loyalty cards at grocery stores?.....
The same that assure you that they keep all information on their customers confidential?.. .
Katherine Albrecht s research thesis and book covered this back when all the establishment trusting gullible souls were going for them and asking if they can offer any other helpful personal information.

This might not be what the gun shop was going for, but most info mining is for reasons of $.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/11/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Back when I was a teenager, all ammo purchases had to be logged in to a book at the gun store. I believe it was federal law at the time.

I don't recall exactly when it was stopped, but it used to be the law. That was in the 1970s.

A friend of mine was an Iowa DCI agent. He found the name of a murder suspect in one of those books buying the exact ammo that was used in a homicide. They had some value but they were pretty intrusive.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name. I said, what does my name have to do with me being 21? Lol.

I told him they could keep that aluminum case ammo.

Some of the gun stores are helping to push this government overreach schit. It's obviously better for them if every single firearm purchase has to come through them. But, it's completely annoying.

Sounds like something Walmart would do.

But they don’t

So in the end, it’s good ole Peepaw at the LGS stickin it to American gun owner. Probably got that aluminum ammo for his shelves by sending his retarded nephew to go stand in line at 7am at Academy Sports and yet again, cock block the everyday hunters and shooters.

I believe you're not far off, slum. I was at BassPro this afertnoon. Found a box of 250 Berry's 9mm 147 gr. Bought that and asked the ringing me up if he had any loaded ammo. He says no, everything they had sold out to about the first 15 people through the door this morning. Sales guy said he thinks they're all local LGS and pawn shop owners.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Don't like it, simple solution, shop elsewhere. But no that's no fun, rather come here and b itch about it. Three pages and counting !

You obviously can't read.. or follow along.

Try and keep up.

LMAO.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Are they limiting purchases?

So many rounds/boxes a week per person/household?

Yes. They were also limiting purchase to 1 box.

He didn't say my name was for anything about tracking purchases. Just said he had to "put it in the computer".

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Be sure to run home and tell your Mommy about the mean old lady at the gun shop who aske you your name. Some guys sure know how to make much ado about the most trivial stuff !

Hey gungizzard,

Shouldn't you, caldumb, and Washinadutie be tired of following me around sniffing my farts by now?

You're all pathetic.

Laughing.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I recall when radio shack started this. Then Cabelas and now even the LGS thinks they have a right to ask for your phone number. I just tell the gals at the checkout "Thank you for asking but I'm married". If they can't handle that I tell them "No thank you" and occasionally if the checker is totally clueless I just say "Look, I'm not giving you my damm phone number".

And to think you don't even need an ID to vote in half of the USA.

Funny. BassPro sales guy asked for my phone number today when I bought some bullets. I refused to give it to him, but I did use my loyalty card to get the points from the purchase. They probably already had my phone number. Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Remember what Uncle Joe said over in the Oval Orifice - the 2A wasn't "absolute". Hang on - you haven't seen the commie Dems in full anti - 2A glory.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Let’s see.

A good Man posted an aggravating experience that he had, a ten way pissing contest ensues and now he’s a mofo for posting what happened.

Welcome to The Campfire, LD.

Psalms 133, verse 1 comes to mind.

Carry on.

Toot, It's just what some of those clowns do.

They must be miserable to live with.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Who the f uck rattled your chain there dooshnozzle ?

I've been wondering the same about you.

Last edited by Jim1611; 04/11/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You're the one who poked his nose where it didn't belong, maybe MYOB would be a good idea.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
"I don't own a phone. Now how much do I owe for the shells?"

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're the one who poked his nose where it didn't belong, maybe MYOB would be a good idea.

MYOB? About what, dumbass?

You're the one following me around, tapping on a thread about MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with somebody wanting my name to buy ammunition.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a friend that used to collect business cards. Whenever I'd leave a job, he'd ask for my unused cards. Whenever he got in a situation where someone would ask for his info and he didn't want to give it, he'd whip out one of these cards and hand it to the guy.

Eventually, he had cards made for Smoot and Hoof. This was a defunct business in downtown Cincinnati that was adjacent to Findley Market. He couldn't find out anything about the business; all he had to go on was the sign. The sign had been exposed during the partial renovation of the stores next to the market. It looked like it had been painted before 1900.

He had business cards made up and even had little business postcards printed with a photo of the sign and storefront. When he wanted to get somebody's goat, he's write "Your dry cleaning is ready to be picked up." on the back of the card and send it to them. There was no phone# and no address.

My suggestion to all you guys who are getting wound up over giving out your phone # is either collect business cards from salesmen, or get a fake card made up. Now you can do it online dirt cheap. Make it look really official and put some totally bogus info on it.

John said those fake cards got him out of a bunch of otherwise harrowing scrapes.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Oldman3

killerv, gunwizard, callnum, and akasparky are gonna be all over you; because you didn't give your name, blood type, next of kin, who you voted for, fingerprints, wife's maiden name, dog's sex, and what you have for supper the night before. I hope you can bear the strain.

Oh, by the way, GOOD FOR YOU!

huh???? why you dragging me into this? You dont know me.

Last edited by killerv; 04/12/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Who the f uck rattled your chain there dooshnozzle ?

It's douchenozzle, thank you very much.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
455 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.