Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 92 of 116 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 115 116
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I watched the last 5-6 holes.

Zero suspense, quite boring golf but damn it's nice to watch the greenery on HD.

So clean and peaceful.

BP-B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by krp
Was today, especially listening the Nance and Faldo.

Kent

They're WAY better than the two drunks, Summerall and Venturi. They were completely schit faced by the 2nd hole.

I’ll take Pat Summerall any and every day over Jim Nantz.

CBS Golf fired the talent and hired a bunch of femme POS foreigners.
( Gary McCord had more talent than anybody at that network)

No better than the POS crew on “60 Minutes”

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp
What happened to Spieth? I remember him as a calm player, now he's in his own head living and dying on each shot, talking to himself, beating himself up. He's got the game, he just needs to get out of his own way. Reminds me of Mickelson, could go eagle or triple on any hole, never boring if close to the lead.

Kent

Spieth has always been that way. He just isn’t playing quite as well as he was when he was on his tear.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I guess I just don't remember him so animated every time he almost made a putt or missed one, hit a less than perfect shot, talk to himself.

I'm worse than him at it as I'm a much worse golfer, running commentary on every chit shot I hit.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
My wife bought me a book about the Masters. . . .

I'm quite shocked to hear you are married!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give Hidecki Matsuyama some credit. Young fella played some excellent shots on a golf course that would kick all our asses.

Xander blew it. Coulda shoulda woulda

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by deflave
My wife bought me a book about the Masters. . . .

I'm quite shocked to hear you are married!

Shutup, retard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Struck a nerve?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
Dang, I like Reed also.

Kent

Yeah he cracks me up.

Harmon and Dustin Johnson also.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Struck a nerve?

At least he's not FOS like you.

LOL

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Morewood
Give Hidecki Matsuyama some credit. Young fella played some excellent shots on a golf course that would kick all our asses.

Xander blew it. Coulda shoulda woulda

Yep - HM played quite the rounds of golf this last weekend.. He deserved that green jacket..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Masters was won by the person that should have. Played better than the rest and carded a bogey free round 3 - first player to go bogey free up to that point in the tournament.

I'm not a fan of Fatrick Reed.

Big fan of Viktor Hovland and his Rnd 1 was a heck of a roller coaster. He and Zal are 2 guys that likely can and will end up being well above average on tour. So young and the talent level is high.

Good Masters - nice thing about WFH, I got to stream Thur/Fri and then watch Sat/Sun as much as I wanted.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Whoever said that "The Masters doesn't really begin until the second nine on Sunday" really knew his stuff. The previous three and a half rounds serve to get you to the tee on 10. By that time, you are exhausted if nothing else. Augusta is brutally steep - equivalent to a 15-story building from the clubhouse to the green on 12. It doesn't show well on TV, but every fairway is steep and slanted. Just walking the course is a challenge (how the caddies do it is beyond me.) And you do that climb/descend twice each round. Part of the reason pros take so long over a shot is just to get their heart rate and breathing back to nearly normal.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Finally, some guys who actually enjoy the Masters have chimed in.

HM was indeed the best player overall and deserved the win. Zalatoris looks like he's got a bright future. It's too bad what happened to Schauffele, but that's golf.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Whoever said that "The Masters doesn't really begin until the second nine on Sunday" really knew his stuff. The previous three and a half rounds serve to get you to the tee on 10. By that time, you are exhausted if nothing else. Augusta is brutally steep - equivalent to a 15-story building from the clubhouse to the green on 12. It doesn't show well on TV, but every fairway is steep and slanted. Just walking the course is a challenge (how the caddies do it is beyond me.) And you do that climb/descend twice each round. Part of the reason pros take so long over a shot is just to get their heart rate and breathing back to nearly normal.

Been lucky to attend twice. Whatever you see as far as slopes on tv, double or triple it. Its a dang work out. They were mentioning...and I've never heard it mentioned before there...that some of the players tape up their shins to avoid shin splints.

I just wish Matsuyama had learned a little more english after 10 years on the pga tour.

Last edited by killerv; 04/12/21.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

matsyuama made two bad shots, and one bad decision. 15 laying up was the "safe" play with the lead he had, then he made a bad shot, not sure if he thinned it a bit or adrenalin, but that was way long. Recovered nice though.

16 was just a few feet to the right. Bring that approach 5 feet left and he was sitting near the hole.

18 he had a wedge and that was a bad shot to miss that far right an in the bunker. Other than that (and the tee shot on 1) he was solid all day.

biggest difference I see now vs 15 years ago is literally anybody can be at the top, and the "top players" are just as likely to not be in the running. In the days of Jack, Watson and even early Tiger. those guys were ALWAYS in the running if they didn't win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Besides the new face, Will Zalatoris, I also really like two former Oklahoma State teammates Viktor Hovland and Matthew Wolff. Those will be my top three to watch going forward.

I have played golf my whole life, and competitively in High school. I've played on courses around the word while in the Navy. Now in retirement, it is my main activity to get some exercise. Love watching the Masters. Golf is the last bastion of traditional sport in America, that hasn't reached the kneeler stage.

I am still just as shocked that deflave likes golf as that he is married! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hideki has been a very good player from a long time. Most people expected him to win a major at some point, so this really isn’t a surprise. And the Japanese angle that some are griping about is that he is the best current player in Japan and Japan is golf crazy. He usually has a massive Japanese press following at every major. He actually said that the Covid restrictions meant that the Japanese press was a little smaller and a little less crazy than usual and that probably helped him relax and focus a bit more. This dude has literally been carrying the weight of an entire nation on his shoulders in the way that only someone who is Japanese could have over the last decade.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmm, wonder if there's a relation.... smile

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Teal

I'm not a fan of Fatrick Reed.

I think he's a douche, but he did end up winning a cool $345k for 4 days of work.

Page 92 of 116 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 72 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.