-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad for the officer that was shot and agree he was a bit too trusting.

On the soldier stop. One officer should be in control, do the communicating, and realize when he is issuing conflicting orders. Put your hands out the window and open ones door can not be done simultaneously.

In my 70+ years to date, I've found that yes sir and no sir always worked quite well and I've never had a LEO draw down on me.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/11/21.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP to the Trooper.

Yup.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its not a criminal’s job to hesitate nor be polite, its not a soldier’s job to hesitate nor be polite.

It is a cop’s job to hesitate and be polite even if they lose their edge or their life. Its the job and rules for the job they have chosen. To protect and serve, do the right thing, stand for something !

I think this is the answer to much of the troubles.

Cops used to be th e guys who kept us safe.
The guys who would risk it all to protect the
innocent. Try hard as hell to avoid the death of anyone.

Now, they protect themselves first.
SCOTUS has ruled they don't have to protect us.
Add tgat into an equation that is designed around not
hiring traditional strong men, and you introduce a lot of
passive aggressive, weak, people operating on fear.
And a pussy who now has an inflated ego, and a little power.

Anyone see how that plays when someone doesn't instantly fold
and comply.
Remember the guy they made crawl on the motel floor?
They actually threatened to shoot him. Repeatedly.
Then kept screaming orders, more and more.
He finally made a move they didn't like, and they murdered him.

He would have been better off not complying.
Simply laying there with his hands on the back of his head.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different issue.

We will see part of this video a lot.
Libs will get off on the weapon.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1minute

In my 70+ years to date, I've found that yes sir and no sir always worked quite well and I've never had a LEO draw down on me.

I turn off the vehicle, turn on the inside light, both hands in plain sight on the wheel before the Cop even gets out of the cruiser.

Back in my motorcycle period a couple of times I was already pulling over while the Cop was still turning around, having watched for his brake lights in my mirror 🙂

Common sense and simple courtesy, the less apprehensive the Cop is, the better things are likely to go. Every time I was guilty of some traffic infraction, most often speeding, got let off with a warning more’n a few times.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by bobinpa
If he wasn't required by law to step out he shouldn't have.

And if he *was* required by law to step out, you'll agree you (and he) are FOS?

Uh, No...
Wrong , maybe but FOS , no. Why? Because if that soldier would have made a move those 2 idiots would have killed him. They were out of control because he wasn't obeying their commands. Whether their commands were legal or not remains to be seen. They acted like spoiled brats that weren't getting their way and they were losing control of themselves. They were acting like dictators and just itching for a reason to make an example out of him. They should find a different career before their fear of the public gets someone killed... maybe something more their speed like maybe a greeter at Walmart.

Well, you're wrong. Ain't no doubt about that, and that's why the @sshole in the car ain't gonna get the payday he is after.

And, you're FOS when you project the actions of the @sshole in the car onto the cops.

The cops weren't out of control, the @sshole in the car was. The more the @sshole in the car wouldn't do what he was required to, by law, the more he was subjected to escalating force, until he complied with the law.

And in the video, only that amount of force necessary to ensure compliance, was used.

It's as simple as that.

Really??? What makes me FOS ? Your opinion or can state some fact on the matter? The guy in the car was as calm as can be. Hands out the window and calmly asking what he was stopped for. The cops just had to make him comply so they could feel like men. It's painfully obvious that you like to comply to people in authority whether they are right or wrong.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
RIP Trooper Jarrott! I'm glad the shooter was killed, my only wish is it was buckshot from real close up.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
An officer gets killed in the line of duty, folks on here watch the video of said killing and the only thing they can think of to do is argue.

Sad.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I wouldn't want a job dealing with all the schittbirds that are out there running around today. It's a wonder that the cops aren't shooting 100X as many as they do.

I had that thought as well.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Glad the guy is dead. He was a crazy, and nothing good was going. to come from his continued breathing. Feel sorry for the young cop who died.

Two things. Cop was too nice once he made contact. And made the fatal mistake of allowing the nutcase put of his sight. Hell, my alarm bells were going off not too far into the video, although I expected the shooting, I was surprised it took as long as it did.

Also, initial reason for the stop was window tint too dark. If the stop was not made for piddly reasons, the entire situation would have been avoided. Not excusing the shooter in any way, just saying that cop would have gone home that night if he didn’t stop that man for too dark window tint.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
To any and all law enforcement officers reading this post:

1) Thank you very sincerely for the dangerous job that you do daily. Thank you for dealing with the lesser class of people so we do not have to.

2) MANY of us watch you as you go about your work... AND WE HAVE YOUR BACK... if we suddenly observe bad stuff going down.

Keep the Faith.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I feel for any cop on a traffic stop. A cop doesn't stand a chance if you want to kill them, or anyone else for that matter. It's tragic to see a officer get killed because he was to nice.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Coincidentally, that's the exact type of firearm Biden is targeting right now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Coincidentally, that's the exact type of firearm Biden is targeting right now.

It's not the firearm that killed the policeman.....it's the shooter.....the result of many years of liberalism where very few of the population has any trust in government any more. Further the total disregard for anyone with authority.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Glad the guy is dead. He was a crazy, and nothing good was going. to come from his continued breathing. Feel sorry for the young cop who died.

Two things. Cop was too nice once he made contact. And made the fatal mistake of allowing the nutcase put of his sight. Hell, my alarm bells were going off not too far into the video, although I expected the shooting, I was surprised it took as long as it did.

Also, initial reason for the stop was window tint too dark. If the stop was not made for piddly reasons, the entire situation would have been avoided. Not excusing the shooter in any way, just saying that cop would have gone home that night if he didn’t stop that man for too dark window tint.

The officer made many mistakes that cost him his life. He never should have addressed from the passenger side. This provided cover for the perp to draw and fire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The officer that rammed the shooters pickup,

Put yourself in his place, Holy Hell...

shooter runs up immediately, it's go time, shooter 5 feet away,

officer bails and retreats to the rear for cover,

Do or die time.

Thank God it went his way.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I can't make myself watch the video.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Wow.

I was pretty hard on the cops in the video of the "felony stop" of a
soldier in another thread.

This poor guy was a decent type of cop, treated that POS the way
a cop should. We lost one of the good ones.

Watch dozens of those videos and go make your first ten vehicle stops at night in a bad area.

Then get back to us.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MM879

The officer made many mistakes that cost him his life. He never should have addressed from the passenger side. This provided cover for the perp to draw and fire.

Looked to me like the guy stopped the truck 2-3 feet from the white line, maybe on purpose.

I wonder what kind of warrants or other trouble the sh*tbird was in that he thought he had to kill a cop.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Awful. My leo friends all have nasty stories to tell.

Retired cat herder.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,368
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.