Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I recall when radio shack started this. Then Cabelas and now even the LGS thinks they have a right to ask for your phone number. I just tell the gals at the checkout "Thank you for asking but I'm married". If they can't handle that I tell them "No thank you" and occasionally if the checker is totally clueless I just say "Look, I'm not giving you my damm phone number".

And to think you don't even need an ID to vote in half of the USA.

Funny. BassPro sales guy asked for my phone number today when I bought some bullets. I refused to give it to him, but I did use my loyalty card to get the points from the purchase. They probably already had my phone number. Lol.

Our local bps asks for number for all purchases, its tied to your reward points. Most folks dont have their card on them.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
You're the one who poked his nose where it didn't belong, maybe MYOB would be a good idea.

What's the matter gunwizard..... kinda 2-faced aren't you?

It's ok for you to tell someone to MYOB, but not for me to tell someone that it's 'none of their business'.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by Oldman3

killerv, gunwizard, callnum, and akasparky are gonna be all over you; because you didn't give your name, blood type, next of kin, who you voted for, fingerprints, wife's maiden name, dog's sex, and what you have for supper the night before. I hope you can bear the strain.

Oh, by the way, GOOD FOR YOU!

huh???? why you dragging me into this? You dont know me.

You don't know me either, but you didn't hesitate to tell me that I was wrong for telling someone that it was 'none of their business', so I was just warning LD of what might happen.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Back when I was a teenager, all ammo purchases had to be logged in to a book at the gun store. I believe it was federal law at the time.

I don't recall exactly when it was stopped, but it used to be the law. That was in the 1970s.

Yessir! We had to do the same. I’m 63 and worked in our lgs all of high school and college. Graduated hs in 75, BS 79, Masters in 81. I seem to remember it was during the time I was in college....75-79

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name. I said, what does my name have to do with me being 21? Lol.

I told him they could keep that aluminum case ammo.

Some of the gun stores are helping to push this government overreach schit. It's obviously better for them if every single firearm purchase has to come through them. But, it's completely annoying.

I always quote January 1st, 1901 when asked. After doing this for some time, I have only had a single person look at me and smile, then enter the date anyway. The rest can't add up or don't care.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I recall when radio shack started this. Then Cabelas and now even the LGS thinks they have a right to ask for your phone number. I just tell the gals at the checkout "Thank you for asking but I'm married". If they can't handle that I tell them "No thank you" and occasionally if the checker is totally clueless I just say "Look, I'm not giving you my damm phone number".

And to think you don't even need an ID to vote in half of the USA.

Funny. BassPro sales guy asked for my phone number today when I bought some bullets. I refused to give it to him, but I did use my loyalty card to get the points from the purchase. They probably already had my phone number. Lol.

Our local bps asks for number for all purchases, its tied to your reward points. Most folks dont have their card on them.

(I) don't leave home without it. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.