Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
So how is a Cop not supposed to treat every traffic stop as a potentially lethal encounter?

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter. Average everyday citizens should NOT be treated like a felon, EVER, period. If cops don't like that hazard they should go to barber school or something else less threatening. It's part of the job and doesn't make it OK to treat everyone like a criminal!!!

So, how do you know ??? What are the visual clues ??? You don't know who is behind the wheel or setting in every back seat. Until you have done it please keep to your self. I did it for 32 years. How long have you done it ???

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brings back horrible memories for me.

Family friend became a state trooper. He & his partner s Jimmie Linegar ( RIP ) pulled over a van for busted tail light, guy hops out w semi automatic pistol of some type & cut down both of them. Trooper Allen Hines though wounded himself saw the light fade from his partners life as he tried to resuscitate him.

I’ve long been convinced roe should be changed that officers should approach traffic stops w sidearm drawn until it can be established that no threat is posed for them

Like many of my ideas it finds little public support. May God keep & protect the fallen officers loved ones.

Anyone know if there’s a gofund me for his family ?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have to agree about approaching a vehicle with sidearm drawn. Something has to be done to protect officer's lives. We just had an incident happen in Mexia Tx. where a Trouper arrived to answer a call for a stranded motorist and before he could even get out of the cruiser the jackass got out and shot him multiple times. This must have been a setup, This crap has to stop. Now there's another family left to grieve for the rest of their lives over the needless slaughter of a love one just doing his duty. How's liberalism working out so far?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I’ve long been convinced roe should be changed that officers should approach traffic stops w sidearm drawn until it can be established that no threat is posed for them
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn.
And you’d be OK with that...?
And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets.
Would you be OK with that...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter

yet the left want to disarm America, just to help out criminals...

clowns like this fat ass, just need to be assassinated by anyone in the public with an AR on the spot...

this nation is a war zone, like the Middle East anymore...

nothing for this officer, while meanwhile in Brooklyn Center MN, they are rioting and looting once again, because another one of the Hoodsters,
got wacked, so now his family has won the ghetto lottery, And BLM and Antifa are out in the streets with a new reason to justify what they do best, destroying our nation one event at a time.

we need open seasons on crime and criminals...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Brings back horrible memories for me.

Family friend became a state trooper. He & his partner s Jimmie Linegar ( RIP ) pulled over a van for busted tail light, guy hops out w semi automatic pistol of some type & cut down both of them. Trooper Allen Hines though wounded himself saw the light fade from his partners life as he tried to resuscitate him.

Like many of my ideas it finds little public support. May God keep & protect the fallen officers loved ones.

Anyone know if there’s a gofund me for his family ?

Amen, and may your friends rest in peace..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn. And you’d be OK with that...? And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets. Would you be OK with that...?
I'm not OK with almost every aspect of these situations, ranging from the prevalent rotten murderous perps all the way over to the LEOs who do not follow proper procedure or apply common decency and sense. How could any rational citizen be OK with what has developed all around this country?

Here, you are free to conjure and describe a very specific hypothetical case and potentially bad outcome. There could be many, many variants of such incidents. So, that exercise leads to zero solutions. There is big risk here. Now, direct to the issue - if it would improve the odds for better outcomes, especially with regard to the risks taken by LEOs, I would trust most LEOs to approach with drawn firearm and behave justly far more than I would trust most potential perps. If trust is required, whom do you trust?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m not OK with everyday citizens being treated like violent criminals until proven otherwise, period.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jobs that are more dangerous than being a cop.

10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers
9. First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers
8. Structural Iron and Steel workers
7. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural workers
6. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers
5. Refuse and recyclable materials collectors
4. Roofers
3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers
2. Fishers and related fishing workers
1. Logging workers

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m not OK with everyday citizens being treated like violent criminals until proven otherwise, period.
Agreed in concept, but the guy pointing a loaded firearm at a LEOs head is not a proven violent criminal until he shoots the LEO, right? The answers are not found in the use of angry assumptions.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers
4. Roofers
1. Logging workers
I trust that your data is accurate.and have done some of those jobs. None of them have to do primarily, or at all, with enforcing laws and protecting me and my community by dealing with criminals.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CCCC
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn. And you’d be OK with that...? And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets. Would you be OK with that...?
I'm not OK with almost every aspect of these situations, ranging from the prevalent rotten murderous perps all the way over to the LEOsa who do not follow proper procedure or apply common decency and sense. How could any rational citizen be OK with what has developed all around this country?

Here, you are free to conjure and describe a very specific hypothetical case and potentially bad outcome. There could be many, many variants of such incidents. So, that exercise leads to zero solutions. There is big risk here. Now, direct to the issue - if it would improve the odds for better outcomes, especially with regard to the risks taken by LEOs, I would trust most LEOs to approach with drawn firearm and behave justly far more than I would trust most potential perps. If trust is required, whom do you trust?

The unmentioned insanity of this evolution is, everyday law abiding citizens have been dumped in the center of the chasm, without choice or clear path to extract themselves from the madness on both sides.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The unmentioned insanity of this evolution is, everyday law abiding citizens have been dumped in the center of the chasm, without choice or clear path to extract themselves from the madness on both sides.
That’s a good point sir. But the default position of treating everyday citizens as violent criminals until proven otherwise is inherently wrong in my opinion. We are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in this country. Someone pointing a gun at the head of a police officer who pulled them over has clearly given up that presumption of innocence. If routine traffic stops are so dangerous, then maybe they should simply stop doing them, especially for extremely minor infractions. Is a window tint that is too dark worth the life of a police officer...? Is the revenue generated for the government for such an extremely minor infraction worth the life of a police officer...? What about the lives of innocent everyday citizens...if they end up getting killed on the side of the road by the police because they were scared to death and as a result didn’t follow their every command exactly as they commanded em’ to, or exactly when they commanded em’ to, or they made one minor move under these circumstances that they weren’t commanded to...is it worth a busted tail light...? Is the revenue generated for the government for such an extremely minor infraction worth the life of an innocent everyday citizen...?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

And in which of those professions are you duty-bound to confront violent felons who are itching to shoot you in the face?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jdunham
Last time I checked, use of force incidents were significantly less than 1%

Right up there with COVID.........

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I wouldn't want a job dealing with all the schittbirds that are out there running around today. It's a wonder that the cops aren't shooting 100X as many as they do.

+1 There may be some of them on this thread.

And there are many cops that shouldn’t be dealing with us [bleep] if they can’t control themselves and start each encounter off with a clean slate.

They are not soldiers, they are there to protect and serve, do the right thing !

you sure got that wrong. when i went through certification, it was stressed there were not enough police to quote" serve and protect"
every individual, primery function was to keep order on the streets and in the population.
which these days they are getting throttled on.
traffice stops are one of the most dangerous things a cop can do, next to domestic dispute calls.
you never know what that turd is gonna pull on you make a split second decision that can be argued about on here .
you are also wrong on police being poorly educated. I have known a number that held advanced degrees.
there are too many stories to tell, particularly to those who can't understand the job.
but a couple, friend of mine pulled a routine traffic stop, the driver dumped about 15 rounds through his windshield.
or another friend, stops a guy on a a.t.c. for throwing up dust, the computers are down so he had to kick the guy loose.
20minutes later computer is up, the guy was wanted for first degree murder.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/12/21.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If one would take the time to read the comments at the end of the video that is on you tube, you would see comments that this was not a routine traffic stop about tinted windows. Plenty of discussion about homeland security being involved, about the shooter being a known member of the drug cartel, about Officer Jarrott working with HS, and being set up by them. Speculation abounds that the shooter was under HS observation and Officer Jarrott was to apprehend him without the shooter alerting other cartel members (which is why he asked the shooter to accompany him back to his cruiser).

Do not know if it is true or not.

As is often the case, there is more to the story than we know and are being told.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed in concept, but the guy pointing a loaded firearm at a LEOs head is not a proven violent criminal until he shoots the LEO, right? The answers are not found in the use of angry assumptions.

Pointing a firearm at anyone, including LEO, is a criminal offence. You need not shoot to be committing an offence.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

And in which of those professions are you duty-bound to confront violent felons who are itching to shoot you in the face?

Violent felons beat and killed people in those professions all last summer while "duty-bound" cops watched and did nothing. Maybe you need cops to keep you safe, I do not.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

Violent felons beat and killed people in those professions all last summer while "duty-bound" cops watched and did nothing. Maybe you need cops to keep you safe, I do not.

So in other words....none.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 48 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,518
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.