Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I have a small home gym with a weight set. I now have a 3x/week routine to follow with walking the other two days. Never been much of a sweets guy, but dinner is my downfall. I love a big meal in front of the TV! Great big ribeye with a baked tater and sliced French bread, holy shît. I make a damned good steak.

Grilled elk steaks and a salad tonight. Palomas with diet Squirt. Can’t get too crazy.

P

Medium Rib eye no tater no bread , fresh vegies ,salad Italian dressing lite and large glass cold water and nothing after 8 pm.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
BP-B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just use half as much real dressing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or just dip your fork in the dressing if you want to use the real thing. Wind up using a lot less. I like vinegar anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me.

Now with even more aplomb
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Nice tip.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Try switching to Macadamia Milk. Before you know it, you'll fit into your wife's clothes.

No problem getting in her pants now.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember my wife and I going hiking at a place that has some hills - it about a 7 mile look and it would kick my but when we we started.

Then I lost 30 pounds or so and I was able to get up those hills without taking a break.

Later on we went on a longer hike with a guide on a tour we were on, we were the only couple in the group that opted for the hike, everyone else decided to shop or whatever, so the hike wasn't bad - it went up 1500 feet or so and was several miles but the trail was clean.

Anyways after it was over I heard the guide telling the tour operator that we finished early because we didn't have to stop for a break. That made me feel pretty good about keeping up the exercise.

I've gained some weight over the pandemic and went back to keto in mid January, dropped about 15 pounds in a month and I'm in range of where I want to be - still not there yet but close. We're hiking GNP in June so we're going to start gearing up for that on the weekends. We'll be going back to that 7 mile loop in the gorge on a regular basis getting ready for GNP.

I think the key is you just gotta keep moving.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/12/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Most everything you need to know can be found here. My carb intake is zero most days. When i do eat them, I never go over 30.

https://lowcarbdownunder.com.au/

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If I had an answer, I would not be overweight!

Good luck with it!

You have all the answers you need. You just don't want to do what you should do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a person to make something different happen, they will need legitimate measures of ambition, applications, and accountability. If you are missing any of those three, you're wasting your time. Real ambition and honest accountability are often the toughest ones. Anybody can learn about good applications and methods to make changes, but if the desire/ambition to change isn't substantial, or if you aren't ready to be honest/accountable with yourself about your actions, it's not going to work.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The only exercise I enjoyed was cycling, and that was when I lived in a cycling friendly town thirty years ago.

Running? Just shoot me now.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you buy a $100 Fitbit you can throw every program you've ever heard of in the trash.

If you input truth it will give you truth.

Adjust accordingly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caught my teenager a few years back, lying on the couch and windmilling one arm. She said the Fitbit told her it was time to go exercise. Truth is indeed required.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh
Citric acid and acetic acid are taken directly into the Krebs (tricarboxylic acid) to be used as energy, no need for insulin as cell membrane transport, so they do not cause insulin resistance

medium chain fatty acids, eg. olive oil provides as much if not more energy than equal wt, sugar with no insulin stimulus. not immediate, 1-2 hours, but energy lasts for 6-8 hrs. vs. sugar at 30 to 45 mins.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, EToh!

I wasn't thinking at the level of Kreb's cycle.

Much appreciated.

John

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
WIfe bought me a early one, was at work one day and started it's congrats you reached your goal of xxxxx1000 steps today. I'm like wtf....we been in the truck all day doing stuff, this thing is whacked. Took a few minutes to realize as we driving around some more which hand was on the steering wheel maneuvering a big truck on a small campus grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mathman
The only exercise I enjoyed was cycling, and that was when I lived in a cycling friendly town thirty years ago.

Running? Just shoot me now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RGRJN
WIfe bought me a early one, was at work one day and started it's congrats you reached your goal of xxxxx1000 steps today. I'm like wtf....we been in the truck all day doing stuff, this thing is whacked. Took a few minutes to realize as we driving around some more which hand was on the steering wheel maneuvering a big truck on a small campus grin

Step counting is for women.

They do far more than that.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I can get a little exercise at the rifle range briskly walking to and from the 300 yard line.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Folks here still thinking of exercise in terms of catabolic, contractions.

its about circulation not compressed sarcomeres.

Think stretching, breathing, yoga, tai chi, martial arts is great and can give motivation. Improves balance, yea I know its for women, mens stuff is being fat and lounging on the couch. (arguing over which beer is best)

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Dump desserts and drinking. Consider sugar your enemy.

Consume all your calories between noon and six pm. and reduce carb intake. Stop snacking completely. Try to drink a gallon of water every day.

Weigh yourself daily and do some jumping jacks naked in front of the mirror.

Set a timer and get up and move for 5 minutes every hour. Use that time to exercise, 10 perfect pushups and 10 crunches 10 times/day is not a bad or difficult thing. The next day do air or goblet squats and lunges. Stretch bands are cheap and effective, mix it up.

Core strength should be your 1st priority.

A home gym is an investment in yourself and slays excuses. It will allow you to achieve both muscular and cardio endurance.

Mobility, agility, balance and muscle mass/strength decrease with age and can be resisted with appropriate effort.

Weak people are generally less useful.

Never give up.Good luck.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll agree with the consensus that carbs are the devil.

I’ll go a little further and point out that just about EVERYTHING we’ve been taught in the last 50 years about nutrition by “science” and the government was wrong. The food pyramid was actually pretty good, if you turn it upside down.

For those who need energy, there is a perfect food for that: fat. Dump the carbs, and replace them with fat and greens, don’t replace them with lean proteins. Avoid carbs and additives by eating simple foods: if it’s packaged and has a brand label, you probably don’t want to eat it.

As far as animal protein, eggs and fish are the only ones without a longevity penalty. But I’m still going to have heritage breed (high fat) pork chops tonight. With a pound of asparagus, pesto and a sautéed red pepper.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
464 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.