24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Admittedly a small screen but my first impression was the gun was an Uzi.
The screen shot someone else added adds some uncertainty...

He wielded it pretty effectively one handed, but he was a big guy.

The fact that he was climbing out of the car while still in a sideways skid make me think he probably was a drug runner used to situations like this...

Did he shoot the officer who was on the ground behind the ramming pursuit car too?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
Jobs that are more dangerous than being a cop.

10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers
9. First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers
8. Structural Iron and Steel workers
7. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural workers
6. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers
5. Refuse and recyclable materials collectors
4. Roofers
3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers
2. Fishers and related fishing workers
1. Logging workers

And in which of those professions are you duty-bound to confront violent felons who are itching to shoot you in the face?

Violent felons beat and killed people in those professions all last summer while "duty-bound" cops watched and did nothing. Maybe you need cops to keep you safe, I do not.

So in other words....none.

At one time or another, all.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antlers
I’m not OK with everyday citizens being treated like violent criminals until proven otherwise, period.
Agreed in concept, but the guy pointing a loaded firearm at a LEOs head is not a proven violent criminal until he shoots the LEO, right? The answers are not found in the use of angry assumptions.

Pointing a firearm at anyone, including LEO, is a criminal offence. You need not shoot to be committing an offence.
Understood about the offense for pointing a loaded firearm in most jurisdictions - but that post was not talking about a potential " offense" - it was talking about a "violent criminal".

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers
4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

And in which of those professions are you duty-bound to confront violent felons who are itching to shoot you in the face?

4. Roofers. The number of felons in that trade is probably higher that the population a police officer would meet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MM879

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

4. Roofers. The number of felons in that trade is probably higher that the population a police officer would meet.

Around Omaha, the roofing crews are predominantly undocumented aliens. Maybe not all felons, but all criminals for coming across the border without proper documentation.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

Violent felons beat and killed people in those professions all last summer while "duty-bound" cops watched and did nothing. Maybe you need cops to keep you safe, I do not.

No, the correct answer is 'none'. None of them are duty-bound to confront violent felons.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

No, the correct answer is 'none'. None of them are duty-bound to confront violent felons.

No one forces them to be a cop either. "duty-bound" would have saved a lot of people this summer. The numbers do not lie. Google it yourself.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

They ain’t duty bound to act like A$$holes...either

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Glad the guy is dead. He was a crazy, and nothing good was going. to come from his continued breathing. Feel sorry for the young cop who died.

Two things. Cop was too nice once he made contact. And made the fatal mistake of allowing the nutcase put of his sight. Hell, my alarm bells were going off not too far into the video, although I expected the shooting, I was surprised it took as long as it did.

Also, initial reason for the stop was window tint too dark. If the stop was not made for piddly reasons, the entire situation would have been avoided. Not excusing the shooter in any way, just saying that cop would have gone home that night if he didn’t stop that man for too dark window tint.

IIRC, the officer was working drug interdiction. When the cops are keeping an eye out for drug-runners (which the perp was known to do) any excuse will be used to make contact.
The young officer was a bit too casual, IMHO.
Sadly he left a wife, 3 young kids, and another on the way.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by deputy30
If one would take the time to read the comments at the end of the video that is on you tube, you would see comments that this was not a routine traffic stop about tinted windows. Plenty of discussion about homeland security being involved, about the shooter being a known member of the drug cartel, about Officer Jarrott working with HS, and being set up by them. Speculation abounds that the shooter was under HS observation and Officer Jarrott was to apprehend him without the shooter alerting other cartel members (which is why he asked the shooter to accompany him back to his cruiser).

Do not know if it is true or not.

As is often the case, there is more to the story than we know and are being told.

I was wondering if something else was going on...at the end of the video the two guys that run up and find the officer sure looked liked some type of agents, whether DHS, CPB, DEA...

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

That is true. I have done a lot of construction work and roofers are regarded as the trash of the job site.
There are plenty of honest hard working roofers who have never committed a crime. And God knows, it is nothing but hard work. But it does attract the felons.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

That is true. I have done a lot of construction work and roofers are regarded as the trash of the job site.
There are plenty of honest hard working roofers who have never committed a crime. And God knows, it is nothing but hard work. But it does attract the felons.

I need to be more specific. Comercial rubber Roofers. There are many good shingle hacks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by adam32
Originally Posted by deputy30
If one would take the time to read the comments at the end of the video that is on you tube, you would see comments that this was not a routine traffic stop about tinted windows. Plenty of discussion about homeland security being involved, about the shooter being a known member of the drug cartel, about Officer Jarrott working with HS, and being set up by them. Speculation abounds that the shooter was under HS observation and Officer Jarrott was to apprehend him without the shooter alerting other cartel members (which is why he asked the shooter to accompany him back to his cruiser).

Do not know if it is true or not.

As is often the case, there is more to the story than we know and are being told.

I was wondering if something else was going on...at the end of the video the two guys that run up and find the officer sure looked liked some type of agents, whether DHS, CPB, DEA...

I saw that too, and they were there pretty quick all things considered. piqued my interest in how that could be a coincidence.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers
Dead is dead. And unlike several of those listed professions, Law enforcement allows for a pretty cushy young retirement and plenty of benefits while working. I know. I've been paid 100% of my pay for 11 years now. Go commercial fishing on the Gulf of Mexico, or oil field rough necking, or haul logs, or even drive an 18 wheeler. You will see.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
So how is a Cop not supposed to treat every traffic stop as a potentially lethal encounter?

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter. Average everyday citizens should NOT be treated like a felon, EVER, period. If cops don't like that hazard they should go to barber school or something else less threatening. It's part of the job and doesn't make it OK to treat everyone like a criminal!!!

Have you ever considered that you are a seriously stupid [bleep]? If not, you should start.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

Define danger as it is used in this context.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Interesting that none of the members made an issue over race.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
So how is a Cop not supposed to treat every traffic stop as a potentially lethal encounter?

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter. Average everyday citizens should NOT be treated like a felon, EVER, period. If cops don't like that hazard they should go to barber school or something else less threatening. It's part of the job and doesn't make it OK to treat everyone like a criminal!!!

Have you ever considered that you are a seriously stupid [bleep]? If not, you should start.

Go grind in your bicycle seat in your newest spandex , he’s right.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers imo we entrust cops w the authority of a badge & the lethality of a firearm(s)

I believe in training. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not just the initial training but continuous training of LEO

But even in a world where I see cops receiving the training I envision, I just can’t fathom it to include enough to allow officers to be quick draw McGraw.

Almost all squad cars are equipped w speaker, bullhorn type comms.

To my way of thinking it would be easier to train officers to give verbal commands, from their car than to teach them to be proficient at fast draw once a weapon has been brandished towards them.

Whether those instructions be for all occupants be ordered to exit the car & place hands atop vehicle or to put on interior lights & keep hands visible is better left to those w more working knowledge than I possess currently.

My 16 year old kid ? I’d like to think I’ve raised them well enough to avoid such a lethal ending, but perhaps not, perhaps it truly is by the grace of God nothing has happened to my 3 kids.

As a 63 year old I’m under no illusion that all cops are good cops. But I believe dashcams & body cams are a pretty good way to weed the bad ones out. I’m also under no illusions that we’ve lost some good cops because we’ve asked them to enter situations where their weapon is holstered & the bad guy has his out ready to go.

To my way of thinking we’re asking too much of them I may be wrong, I have been often enough at least it no longer shocks me like it once did.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I wish the policeman in this video could have pulled over the soldier and the two in that video could have pulled this guy over.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
512 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 50 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.