Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Again I did want to upset anyone that read my post. As a Christian I just do like to see where the Lord's word in used in vain that is clearly stated in the Bible which one member had done..

I am in hopes that the moderator will remove my post today

Well Judman is very low IQ if that makes you feel better.

Oh stop it Bobby.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the Dog Soldier fella.
It appears irony comes in three colors - red, white and blue.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Again I did want to upset anyone that read my post. As a Christian I just do like to see where the Lord's word in used in vain that is clearly stated in the Bible which one member had done..

JFC

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lasted 10 seconds and had to stop the video of that guy. He's a legend maker.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You've been around here a long time, so you know you gotta have thick skin for some discussions. If you filter throught the haters and moral superioritists, you might get a discussion.

i tested a number of USA designed and made in China scopes. As our own Mule Deer told me "China is capable of making any quality from poor to excellent. It'sall a matter of what you want to contract them for." They make jet aircraft and nuclear bombs, so they can make precision instruments. They can turn out cheap like no one else.

I took 4 scopes, made in China, I put them on various rifles ranging from .22 LR - 7mm Rem Mag to 9.3 x 62. Then I took them off and sent them to three other members who mounted them on various rifles ranging from 7 x 57 to .300 Weatherby to .375 H & H

The verdict?

1 - Decent glass. Nothing to swoon over but pretty impressive for the money

2 - they were BIG and heavy. One 4-24 x 56 was dubbed "The Hubble" after infamous Hubble space telescope

3 - parallax was an issue with models over 18X magnification.

4 - several were downright impressive for the preice point

5 - nobody would take any of them over a Leupold VX-III

6- none broke. Not in shooting several hundred rounds OR being shipped USPS wrapped up. That says something for them.

7 - Not bad in low light or "legal shooting light", but not "European high end" performance either. One model listed Schott Glass as it turns out the Germans have to go to China to get lead glass. Europe has the lead phobia too.

So it was a fun and intersting fact finding experience several of us shared on. I never wrote about it before now because of the predictable responses from people who'd never take time or effort to run such a test.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hatari

You've been around here a long time, so you know you gotta have thick skin for some discussions. If you filter throught the haters and moral superioritists, you might get a discussion.

i tested a number of USA designed and made in China scopes. As our own Mule Deer told me "China is capable of making any quality from poor to excellent. It'sall a matter of what you want to contract them for." They make jet aircraft and nuclear bombs, so they can make precision instruments. They can turn out cheap like no one else.

I took 4 scopes, made in China, I put them on various rifles ranging from .22 LR - 7mm Rem Mag to 9.3 x 62. Then I took them off and sent them to three other members who mounted them on various rifles ranging from 7 x 57 to .300 Weatherby to .375 H & H

The verdict?

1 - Decent glass. Nothing to swoon over but pretty impressive for the money

2 - they were BIG and heavy. One 4-24 x 56 was dubbed "The Hubble" after infamous Hubble space telescope

3 - parallax was an issue with models over 18X magnification.

4 - several were downright impressive for the preice point

5 - nobody would take any of them over a Leupold VX-III

6- none broke. Not in shooting several hundred rounds OR being shipped USPS wrapped up. That says something for them.

7 - Not bad in low light or "legal shooting light", but not "European high end" performance either. One model listed Schott Glass as it turns out the Germans have to go to China to get lead glass. Europe has the lead phobia too.

So it was a fun and intersting fact finding experience several of us shared on. I never wrote about it before now because of the predictable responses from people who'd never take time or effort to run such a test.

Thanks for your report..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No thanks. I’ll just stick with Leupold. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boomers just can’t resist globalism.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 30338
China loves Christian churches. Keep supporting them.

Yessir, the little commie bastards love to burn their homes and throw their leaders in prison. No such thing as a legal Bible in China.

God Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
Boomers just can’t resist globalism.

What's this got to do with age? If you're not a boomer then what are you? A gen x'er? Millenial? Proud of being a dipstick?

God Bless America
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sorry but if your purchasing Leupold, Zeiss, and many others your purchasing or using components from China. I personally dont care for that and wish it were otherwise but the fact is nobody knows 100% where every part of your optic originates from. Thats a fact unless you have some one off special optic made just for you.

Its also a fact that China is capable of making optics that are excellent. Some of the Athlon and Primary Arms scopes track very nearly perfect, better than any Leupold ive owned by far.

We all hate buying Chinese but dont make smash someone who openly talks and owns chinese optics and dont use the Lords name in vain. We're talkin rifles and optics and hunting. Theres no sense in being elitists and azzhats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Sorry but if your purchasing Leupold, Zeiss, and many others your purchasing or using components from China. I personally dont care for that and wish it were otherwise but the fact is nobody knows 100% where every part of your optic originates from. Thats a fact unless you have some one off special optic made just for you.

Its also a fact that China is capable of making optics that are excellent. Some of the Athlon and Primary Arms scopes track very nearly perfect, better than any Leupold ive owned by far.

We all hate buying Chinese but dont make smash someone who openly talks and owns chinese optics and dont use the Lords name in vain. We're talkin rifles and optics and hunting. Theres no sense in being elitists and azzhats.

Don't be confused. This isn't about feelings. It's about your future and your kid's future. Do you want them to not live in a strong America with individual freedoms and manufacturing jobs that support a healthy middle class? Draw your line in the sand and don't cross it. Teach your children likewise.

God Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Don't be confused. This isn't about feelings. It's about your future and your kid's future. Do you want them to not live in a strong America with individual freedoms and manufacturing jobs that support a healthy middle class? Draw your line in the sand and don't cross it. Teach your children likewise.

+1

Last edited by winchester70; 04/12/21.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yeah i get all that. But in order to purchase something with zero Chinese components your going to have to go with something other than Leupold. Maybe Scimdt Bender, an older US Optics, a vintage optic, or maybe some one off custom from somewhere. Other than that i dont know how to stay clear of Chinese components in optical gear. No brand name marketer or brand is going to reveal 100% where the product parts are sourced.

Bottom line is we really have no idea the origin of what your purchasing unless you get ahold of something Berry Amendment compliant.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Or maybe don’t get on a conservative huntin forum and yap about how you bought a chink scope..

Hopefully you high class Christians can forgive and pray for me!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
“None were better than a Leupold VX-III”

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Jesus loves retards and broke-dicks too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Politics aside, how was the scope?

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yeah i get all that. But in order to purchase something with zero Chinese components your going to have to go with something other than Leupold. Maybe Scimdt Bender, an older US Optics, a vintage optic, or maybe some one off custom from somewhere. Other than that i dont know how to stay clear of Chinese components in optical gear. No brand name marketer or brand is going to reveal 100% where the product parts are sourced.

Bottom line is we really have no idea the origin of what your purchasing unless you get ahold of something Berry Amendment compliant.

Bottom line is if you bought a scope made in China, it was 100% made in China. You are 100% supporting the communists and 100% sabotaging the future of our Country.

Take your Athlon and Primary Arms Chinese crap and feel proud of yourself for saving a couple of bucks to get something almost as good and undermining american manufacturing jobs in the process.

God Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Canadians are hot to get in bed with the Chinese.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.