Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just need to rant a bit about how disappointed I am at what Cabela's has become. I have always considered Cabelas to be my favorite outdoor gear supplier. On many of my cross country hunting and fishing trips a visit to a different Cabela's store was always a fun part of the road trip. I have used their credit card for years and always enjoyed the customer service and liberal return policy. I have ordered through the on line store many times recently and the shipping as well as the process updates emailed were always perfect. Recently I ordered 3 items for my boat and the initial shipping estimate was 5 days which fell in line with what I had previously experienced. I needed the equipment ordered to finish up a trolling motor replacement and wanted it done so I could start my open water fishing season. On line stated all 3 items were in stock and so I decided to order rather than purchase locally. After 5 days I contacted customer service to check the status and they said there was a short delay due to order volume but that it would be shipped soon. At that point I decided it would be arriving soon and figured I would give it another day or two and then call again. 2 days later I called customer service again and got the same story so I told them I wanted to cancel the order and had was buying what I needed locally. The rep said I couldn't cancel and when i asked when it was going to be shipped he said he couldn't tell but was sure it was sitting on a shipping pallet somewhere and all would be ok. I said then I will just return the 3 items for a refund and he said that would be OK. Several days later 2 of the items came to the house followed by the third a few days later. I looked at the shipping email and there was a button for a prepaid shipping return label. I clicked on that with both computer and cell phone email access and nothing happened. I contacted customer service once again and explained I wanted a return label and he said he could do that for me but would be charged something like $7.50 as a return fee. I said I have returned many items in the past and never had to pay. He said since Cabela's was bought by Bass Pro that there was a new policy. He said if I still wanted to return the 3 items I could do it for free at any Cabela's or Bass Pro store.The nearest Cabela's is 6 hours away and Bass Pro is 3 hours. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I just wanted to rant a bit. I am done with them at this point and to think I was going to order a 30K tracker fishing boat as soon as orders for 2022 could be made. Now I'll buy another brand just on principle. I explained all this to the service rep and he said that he was sorry I was angry but there was nothing that could be done. So at least I get some satisfaction airing it out on social media. Now I feel better...thanks for listening.

living the good life every day
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The sale of Cabela's to Bass Pro was a national tragedy.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I live nearly 3 hrs to the closest Cabelas............

No plans in the near future to shop there

or ever..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I have two Cabelas, two Bass Pro and a Sportsman's Warehouse closer than the Fin, Feather and Fur that I go to just south of Toledo. It's a small Ohio chain that reminds me of the old Sportsmans Warehouse when the original owner had it. Good selection, good prices and a friendly staff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m with ya 100%

All the way from South Hero.

Be well fellow islander.

Last edited by PintsofCraft; 04/12/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope you feel better, but that part of your life is over. They don’t care what you think.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cabelas sucks new that Johnny Morris owns them. Either place is in absolute last resort for me to buy from. Have a card for each that is almost paid off. They are get to g canceled as soon as the balance is paid.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kciH
The sale of Cabela's to Bass Pro was a national tragedy.

An infection that will not go away.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I work about 10 minutes from the grandville mi cabela's and I won't step foot in it. Been probably a couple years. I'll hit al and bobs first (a local mom and pop store)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the late 80’s and early 90’s I loved Cabela’s.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

when I need stuff...........

I go to Larry's store.........

Fug Cabela's & Ass Pro

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
You are better off without the Bass Pro Shop boat too. Read some independent reviews on them. Cheapest built package boat on the market.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Paul Singer destroyed Cabelas and everything else he touches. Azzhole should he hung by his balls and used as a pinata.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Family owned businesses rarely last through the third generation, and in some cases the second generation.
So write that down so as not to be shocked over future business closures.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A Cabela's store opened near me 'bout 8-ish years ago. Was a big deal around here. Dad scored VIP tickets for the "Pre-Grand opening." Sales staff lined up when the customers walked in, greeting and cheering at all of us. Felt like a rock star.

Been to that store exactly once since the sale to Bass Pro. Wasn't the Cabela's I knew. Still had the same name outside, way different inside.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Cabelas had hit a bad slide about 5 years before BPS bought them.

I long ago stopped using them. Too many good vendors in the marketplace to deal with their garbage.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yep, they suck.
I cashed out my points while my old Cabela’s Visa was still good and never activated or used the new MasterCard from Capital One. I have not boycotted Asspro; I may purchase some cheap cargo shorts from them. That’s all they are good for to me anymore.

Don’t fall for the 3x points promotions. Their shooting related gear is way overpriced, so you pay full retail to get a bunch of points and when you spend the points you will pay full retail again. No more 20% off coupons, no more $100 off $500 purchase coupons. Asspro will charge you 20% more than other places but give you points so you can pay 20% more on your next purchase!

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I as well enjoyed the stop by Cabela's, on hunting trips to Nebraska. Stopped at the original store, always a good time. Now not so much. I will look at a stuff but don't buy near what I used to. Things are never what they used to be. Memories now I guess..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never understood how Cabela's made cash flow with that many sq feet.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.