Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gwrench Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wow, 449. "He grew these antlers, I'm just the jerk who shot him."

It's a shame that more hunters don't subscribe to that type of attitude, it's refreshing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great story, really like his attitude about the hunt, and hunting in general, notoriety and credit to the animal. So happy a "personality" bowhunter did not take the top spot. Hope it is does not ruin his hunting area.

Arcus Venator
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gwrench: Wow!
That is simply a stunning trophy.
Good for him.
Thanks for sharing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As my cousin who "whatever he kills is better than yours" would say "In a couple years, he'd have been a nice elk" smile That' a trophy of a lifetime for sure.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Heck of a Bull. Congrats to the hunter!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Nice animal for sure. That photo looks just up to the day he was killed. Does Canada outlaw use of camera-to-phone electronics? Many here may disagree, but I think those things, and regular trail cams should be outlawed starting 1 month before any season. Either way, that's cool to get a world record!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
this post of world record bull in archery is kinda misleading ,yes its a world record non-typical at 449 and is a great bull , but if scored typical may only score 350 or less ? the world record archery typical bull was shot in Montana a few years ago i believe and that bull did score over 400 B.C. too and was huge.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pete53: I am puzzled by your posting - and I do NOT see anything "misleading" in the article submitted by the original poster what so ever.

Quoted from the article: "O’Shea’s benedictions must have been received, because the 55-year-old Albertan holds the new world record for non-typical elk. The 449 4/8-inch bull, shot in September on land O’Shea has hunted since he was a boy, has been certified by the Pope and Young Club as the largest non-typical elk ever taken by a bowhunter"!
End of quotes from article.

Seems VERY clear and concise and definitive to me - and again I perceive NO attempt at misleading.
Maybe YOU are saying you would pass this trophy up for a better scoring "typical"?
I wouldn't.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CRS
Great story, really like his attitude about the hunt, and hunting in general, notoriety and credit to the animal. So happy a "personality" bowhunter did not take the top spot. Hope it is does not ruin his hunting area.

yep

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pete53: I am puzzled by your posting - and I do NOT see anything "misleading" in the article submitted by the original poster what so ever.

Quoted from the article: "O’Shea’s benedictions must have been received, because the 55-year-old Albertan holds the new world record for non-typical elk. The 449 4/8-inch bull, shot in September on land O’Shea has hunted since he was a boy, has been certified by the Pope and Young Club as the largest non-typical elk ever taken by a bowhunter"!
End of quotes from article.

Seems VERY clear and concise and definitive to me - and again I perceive NO attempt at misleading.
Maybe YOU are saying you would pass this trophy up for a better scoring "typical"?
I wouldn't.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

the words posted > " world record bull " is to general ,yes its a great bull elk in non-typical archery division > do you understand now ? did you ever see the world record typical archery bull shot in Montana ? its huge ,also the true biggest world record bull ever shot and it was with a rifle was called spider . > you just replied what the post should have stated Worlds largest non-typical elk with a bow , instead of saying just World Record Bull , there is a big difference your not comparing apples and oranges as the same. but it is still was a great non- typical bull killed with a bow .

Last edited by pete53; 05/15/21.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Great bull, and nothing misleading posting this in the archery section and calling it a new WR bull...because that is what it is. And the lucky hunter will have a plaque stating such after the P&Y banquet in Reno in July that he probably can't attend due to US/Canada border closure.

Last edited by Kurt52; 05/15/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
please post a picture of the P.Y. plague so we can read what it says when he gets the plaque. thank you,Pete53

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
+3. Great bull and story.

Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by CRS

yep

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pete53
please post a picture of the P.Y. plague so we can read what it says when he gets the plaque. thank you,Pete53

The typical world record and non-typical world record are both world record elk. Are you saying animals that are scored as typical are somehow superior to those scored as non-typical?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yes its a non - typical archery world record .

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Shocking development that Pete makes zero sense....

It's only a bonus that him and VG are attempting to engage in an internet dialogue. The pleasure is truly ours....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GregW

It's only a bonus that him and VG are attempting to engage in an internet dialogue. The pleasure is truly ours....

SURE IS ,DON`T YOU FEEL BETTER BEING A KEYBROAD TUFFY ? > YES GREG W. YOUR THE MAN !

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

the words posted > " world record bull " is to general ,yes its a great bull elk in non-typical archery division > do you understand now ? did you ever see the world record typical archery bull shot in Montana ? its huge ,also the true biggest world record bull ever shot and it was with a rifle was called spider . > you just replied what the post should have stated Worlds largest non-typical elk with a bow , instead of saying just World Record Bull , there is a big difference your not comparing apples and oranges as the same. but it is still was a great non- typical bull killed with a bow .

And yet you called the spider bull the world record when it's in the book as 'Non typical'. It has a main frame of a 330 bull with trash, compared to the Ryan Bull it looks small.

Also the spider bull wasn't the biggest ever killed with a rifle, the Shipsey bull was over 502. B&C scored it, interviewed all parties and for undisclosed reasons didn't accept it.

And 'World record' is only the Club's record, B&C or P&Y... members only club, only relevant to members.

Kent

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GregW

SURE IS ,DON`T YOU FEEL BETTER BEING A KEYBROAD TUFFY ? > YES GREG W. YOUR THE MAN !

I feel sorry for you in multiple ways ...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (14idaho, 280shooter, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.