Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabelas went to hell when the family allowed it to go public and lost control of it to the corporate world which has destroyed it. I knew Dick Cabela and he would throw a wild eyed fit if he was still alive and saw what has become of the business he and his brother built.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Now we get to watch as BPS wrecks Sportsman's Warehouse.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MAC
Cabelas went to hell when the family allowed it to go public and lost control of it to the corporate world which has destroyed it. I knew Dick Cabela and he would through a wild eyed fit if he was still alive and saw what has become of the business he and his brother built.

I have no doubt that is true.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Both suck now. Shame, Cabela's was such a great place.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
I just need to rant a bit about how disappointed I am at what Cabela's has become. I have always considered Cabelas to be my favorite outdoor gear supplier. On many of my cross country hunting and fishing trips a visit to a different Cabela's store was always a fun part of the road trip. I have used their credit card for years and always enjoyed the customer service and liberal return policy. I have ordered through the on line store many times recently and the shipping as well as the process updates emailed were always perfect. Recently I ordered 3 items for my boat and the initial shipping estimate was 5 days which fell in line with what I had previously experienced. I needed the equipment ordered to finish up a trolling motor replacement and wanted it done so I could start my open water fishing season. On line stated all 3 items were in stock and so I decided to order rather than purchase locally. After 5 days I contacted customer service to check the status and they said there was a short delay due to order volume but that it would be shipped soon. At that point I decided it would be arriving soon and figured I would give it another day or two and then call again. 2 days later I called customer service again and got the same story so I told them I wanted to cancel the order and had was buying what I needed locally. The rep said I couldn't cancel and when i asked when it was going to be shipped he said he couldn't tell but was sure it was sitting on a shipping pallet somewhere and all would be ok. I said then I will just return the 3 items for a refund and he said that would be OK. Several days later 2 of the items came to the house followed by the third a few days later. I looked at the shipping email and there was a button for a prepaid shipping return label. I clicked on that with both computer and cell phone email access and nothing happened. I contacted customer service once again and explained I wanted a return label and he said he could do that for me but would be charged something like $7.50 as a return fee. I said I have returned many items in the past and never had to pay. He said since Cabela's was bought by Bass Pro that there was a new policy. He said if I still wanted to return the 3 items I could do it for free at any Cabela's or Bass Pro store.The nearest Cabela's is 6 hours away and Bass Pro is 3 hours. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I just wanted to rant a bit. I am done with them at this point and to think I was going to order a 30K tracker fishing boat as soon as orders for 2022 could be made. Now I'll buy another brand just on principle. I explained all this to the service rep and he said that he was sorry I was angry but there was nothing that could be done. So at least I get some satisfaction airing it out on social media. Now I feel better...thanks for listening.

I have my concerns about those black motors nowadays anyway. It just seems Black Dont Work.

Ive heard horror stories on line about their big motors not working and taking a year to get them fixed under warranty.

Have others gotten reports, good or bad?

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/12/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I never understood how Cabela's made cash flow with that many sq feet.

There is one Cabela’s & two BassPro stores in the KC metro area. I have never been to the BassPro on the SW side (Olathe, KS) but the other two stores are very large. Whenever I have been in the Cabela’s store since BassPro took over I always have the same thought:

“Man, I would love to have the money this place is losing right now!”

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What????

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston

What????

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/bass-pro-parent-acquires-sportsmans-warehouse/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yep ass pro is taking over sportsmans too. I wonder why asspro wanted either company. it seems like asspro doesn't even want cabelas to make money. I went into sportsmans today and the store is getting all changed around. more shoes and clothes for sale now, yippee. BTW who in the hell is actually needing to buy camo hunting clothes. I have enough old camo hunting clothes in plastic totes in my basement to probably outfit an army. I don't need camo anything till I die. who in the heck is buying this crap?

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 04/12/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scheels and Midway are my go to places now, maybe Walmart for cheap shotgun and rifle ammo.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
yep ass pro is taking over sportsmans too. I wonder why asspro wanted either company. it seems like asspro doesn't even want cabelas to make money. I went into sportsmans today and the story is getting all changed around. more shoes and clothes for sale now, yippee. BTW who in the hell is actually needing to buy camo hunting clothes. I have enough old camo hunting clothes in plastic totes in my basement to probably outfit an army. I don't need camo anything till I die. who in the heck is buying this crap?

Do you say that about food because your pantry is full?
Got your years supply?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by kingston

What????

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/bass-pro-parent-acquires-sportsmans-warehouse/

This sucks donkey dick.

#FückBassProShop

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Scheels is what cabelas was 10 or so years ago, actually it may be better. I was a frequent cabelas shopper. It’s been a year or so since I was in a cabelas and doubt I’ll ever go back.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You might think so dale 06 but Scheels is no better , ass pro has more selection and while the whole place is full chinese clothes and junk atleast they don't carry golf sh*t and f*g rag UA pc clothes crap. Fug all them yahoos. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
you buy a new house brand Cabelas scope that says right on the box, that it has a life time warranty, and if something goes wrong it will just be replaced...

and now when they ring it up, they have the employees trying to sell the customer a $60 two year warranty, or a $90 three year warranty...

you show them what it says right on the box, and they tell ya they are told to do that...

I've never liked Bass Pro, and now they have bought both Cabelas a few years ago, and in 2021 they are integrating Sportsman's Warehouse, because they have bought them also....

Looks like in the near future, I'm not going to be doing business with any one of them....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A never go in there anymore. I don't miss looking at used 700 adl synthetics for $849 or waiting an hour to have them tell you they won't price match the sportsmans warehouse a block away.

Bb

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wah,wah,wah.This was news three years ago.WGAFF?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget to buy a 1in square piece of fudge for $16 and a Redhead t-shirt for everybody in the family!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Personal op; Cabelas invested in too much square footage that translates into overhead. With much fewer anchor stores and a continued robust mail order business based from that, and I believe this story would have had a happy ending.

Similar with Gander Mountain. Still have the best down jacket I’ve ever had that I bought mail order on sale for IIRC $39.95 about 25 years ago. Cami Fleece and nylon. And still in great shape. But they expanded brick & mortar when that product was on the downturn. One was built within a few miles of our home no more than 10 years ago and never matched the quality of clothing and most gear I had become accustomed to by mail order. I’m sure that mail order quality was matched in their much fewer anchor stores. Now they did have a good line of fishing gear I had never been exposed to but it didn’t make up for the reduction in quality and increase in price of most other of their lines. Plus whoever picked this retail location was penny wise and dollar foolish. Looked good at a glance. But the population demographics just didn’t match a monstrous retail facility. Lots of people, just not the right kind. And though they tried to be Firearms Central their prices sometimes bordered on foolish. Then a few years back bought by a travel trailer company and there standing alone, another empty big box.

Overhead kills.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 23 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.