Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
An extraordinary episode whatever the gender.

From Copwatch, the same website as the New Mexico tragedy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
can't tell if she had a mag in the AR, it didn't look like it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
can't tell if she had a mag in the AR, it didn't look like it.

You’re right, looks like the mag falls out around 5:45 about when she’s trying to chamber a round. Prob’ly not the first person to fumble under extreme stress.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I agree, it happens. looks like she noticed it and kept moving despite it. no doubt she knew it was a vulnerability but keeping up appearances can be huge in a fight, and it worked this time. Likely she knew if the perp ran at her the rifle would have only one shot, but to show she wasn't at the ready by continuing to fumble in the car for the mag put her at more risk. I think she did the right thing. I might be biased though because I remember my grandpa telling me about a time he dropped his mag in a firefight in the Philippines (ww2) before grabbing a new one, the Japanese soldier that saw popped up and shot him. he said he should have still held like he was loaded and only swapped them when his replacement mag was right there. ymmv. I was impressed at how cool she remained and persevered. impressive, glad she walked away

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Birdie, this occurred in New Mexico, also. West of ABQ on I 40.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like a family using up a whole bunch of oxygen which could be used by higher life forms like cattle or earthworms. Those cops were beyond polite. GD

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The whole time she's handling her AR, I was saying "You've got no magazine!" She apparently didn't realize it at any point during her handling of it. Still, tough minded girl.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My nephew keeps a spare AR mag on his duty belt, so would have been able, in that situation, to simply grab and insert it if the mag fell out.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I agree that her use of the AR was not perfect. But she is a good tough cop and still got the job done. You go girl!

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta realize it's gone in order to do that and I don't think she ever knew her AR wasn't ready to fight. Stressful situation, especially so with the parents pulling in behind her. If her attacker had pushed the fight instead of surrendering it may not have turned out as well.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
Gotta realize it's gone in order to do that and I don't think she ever knew her AR wasn't ready to fight. Stressful situation, especially so with the parents pulling in behind her. If her attacker had pushed the fight instead of surrendering it may not have turned out as well.

It would have been disastrous for her.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You have to wonder why the guy shot her. Mentally disturbed? Huge stash of illegal drugs in the car?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I suspect it could have been an accidental shooting. Maybe he was trying to put it in the back seat before the officer arrived to the window, and the trigger got touched. He then panicked and drove off, later thinking better of it.

Scratch that. It appears there was no back seat. Who the hell knows? He just doesn't come across like someone who would intentionally shoot a cop.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Except that he accidentally pulled the trigger of the revolver 3 times. He pulled over because he called his parents and told them what happened and they told him to pull over. They were on vacation and he was following them in his truck. They were pulling a camper. He was being pulled over for following too closely. They still have not released a motive, He has no criminal history and there was nothing illegal in the vehicle.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think she done good for having a shot in both hands.

What gets me is all of the crap in the patrol car she had to move the rifle around to get it out.

The question remains just what was going thru that dumbass's mind when he did that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. She was wounded, clearly scared and shaking like a leaf, yet she kept on after him. Balls on her.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Except that he accidentally pulled the trigger of the revolver 3 times.

Didn't catch that. If so, that scratches the accidental shooting angle. Really weird case.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Except that he accidentally pulled the trigger of the revolver 3 times. He pulled over because he called his parents and told them what happened and they told him to pull over. They were on vacation and he was following them in his truck. They were pulling a camper. He was being pulled over for following too closely. They still have not released a motive, He has no criminal history and there was nothing illegal in the vehicle.

I just watched it again, and only heard one shot that wasn't hers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 3,342 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.