Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Just NBN. Burning and Looting Minnysoda. Just the new “Norm” there.
And coming to a city near you all, soon !

It's got a way to go before it gets here. A black tried to hijack a car here 3 days ago,...pulled a gun,..cops shot him,..TV station did a little report.

Everybody went on about their day.

As it should be, stupid should hurt. If they did the same to the rioters and looters, it would all end very quickly.

Amen! Too much common sense to ever come to pass.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Been saying all my life the wrong side won that war.

Damn straight. It was really the Constitution that lost.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The emerging administrative state needs a minority population or a class to blame things on. Think Hitler and Jews, think of many others. The majority has to have reason to hate this minority, a history to hate it.

Think what happens if the constitution is eliminated and we become an administrative state in the open? Then they flip the script and make blacks the chosen target.

Last edited by Armednfree; 04/12/21.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The Union won the war with one hand tied behind its back.

The Confederacy never had a chance.

Present day estimates are that 300,000 Southern soldiers died.

All for "Southern rights."

In actual fact 300,000 died in a futile attempt to perpetuate slavery for the benefit of rich land owners, and owned no slaves at all, and had nothing whatsoever to gain or lose.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlegun

In actual fact 300,000 died in a futile attempt to perpetuate slavery for the benefit of rich land owners, and owned no slaves at all, and had nothing whatsoever to gain or lose.

almost like certain demographics today fighting for the democrats that oppress them.......... naw... couldn't be.....

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

,...and the Union forces were fighting for the ability to fill the north with Negroes.

Detroit and Chicago are the greatest examples of their victory,....with Minneapolis rapidly approaching honorable mention status.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

The reasons for joining the fight on either side are varied. In a lot of cases it probably came down to which group of azzholes were marching through your cornfield and killing your hogs.

In my family's case, the KY side of the family joined local Union cavalry units because the azzholes from TN were stealing their cattle. The TN branch of the family joined local Confederate infantry units because the azzholes from KY were stealing their cattle.

There was more to it than just "states rights" or "freeing the slaves." I doubt if any of my family gave a damn about either concept. Things became very localized on the border.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

This is only true to a limited extent due to oversimplification.

It’s also true that many of those men with so much to lose and little to defend in the way of land fought for the self determination and local governance the FFs are celebrated for winning them less than a century previous.

Oversimplification is often appealing but life isn’t simple.

The north gladly enslaved those freedmen in a different form of plantation, and the powers of over reaching govt now have them trapped in yet another form of dependence so the moral high ground was not owned by either party as relates the African Americans.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would say that the vast majority fought because someone told them to do so.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My great grandfather fought in the Civil War because he could not afford the $300 to buy his way out.His brother fought for the South as he lived in Virginia.Neither one of them wanted to be there.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My mother did a family tree research a few years ago. It broke my heart and made me cry when I realized how many of my ancestors died needlessly in the Civil War. So many of my family were cut off from bearing children (my relatives), and they never existed. Tragic beyond words

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The only reason we started the civil war was because we thought y’all wanted our women. Once we found out y’all just wanted the niqqers we surrendered. 😜. They’re just like hogs, once you get em you can’t get rid of them . Happy Hunting

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my Great Grandfathers fought with Forrest. He was raised in Nothern Tennessee. They were Netural until the Union Army confisticated their Horses. Horses were their livlihood, so they joined the South. There was a lot more to it than Slavery, but no-one wants to believe that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bristoe is an idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You always hear about the North being to blame for freeing them, what about the South being blamed for bringing them over?
Jokes aside, the seperation between "North" and "South" is making it a little bit too easy. There's a very interesting book called "Albion's seed" which goes into how four core groups of settlers influenced the politics in early America and, to an extent, still today. You have to take into account that the group with the most influence over the US for a very long time was made up of (former) puritans whose worldviews valued freedom from slavery over most, if not all, other things. Same thing happened with the prohibition movement, which also was driven forward significantly by former puritans. Heck, you even see it today in the large fun-hating parts of the New England population. The core problem with the black population, in my eyes, still wasn't the freeing of them, but rather the abolition of widespread religion in the lower social classes. You don't see very many unstable families in highly religious societies. Say about middle eastern folk what you will, at least they stay with their wives and raise their kids in their image.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
One of my Great Grandfathers fought with Forrest. He was raised in Nothern Tennessee. They were Netural until the Union Army confisticated their Horses. Horses were their livlihood, so they joined the South. There was a lot more to it than Slavery, but no-one wants to believe that. miles

Of course there was more to it than slavery................but the North won the war, and therefore got to write the history.

Hindsight is always better than foresight, but the very best thing that could have happened after the war was for the Negroes to have been rounded up and sent back to Africa. Even the Great Emancipator himself, ole Honest Abe (aka as Bolshevik Abe) said that they weren't the equal of the White man.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
And if Andy Jackson would have been sent to Canada to fight the Brits in 1812, all you Canucks would be speaking english now!

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
And if Andy Jackson would have been sent to Canada to fight the Brits in 1812, all you Canucks would be speaking english now!

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Does that mean they wouldn't all be saying "eh"?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Does that mean they wouldn't all be saying "eh"?

Bingo! 🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
.....but....but it ain’t over!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,832
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.