Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I blame the South for much of our troubles. Things would be so much better if - - -

You lazy MFers would have just picked your own damn cotton

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Lincoln simply took the plantation nationwide. Musta been tired of them boys down south collecting all the loot. Now most all you-uns be workin for the mastas. Just think, without Lincoln, there would have been no Obama. Coupl of folks in history should have been national heroes, but got a bad rap. Aaron Burr and John Wilkes Booth, both did this country a great service, albeit somewhat late in both instances.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Boomer454
You always hear about the North being to blame for freeing them, what about the South being blamed for bringing them over?

Slavery was big business in the North for 200 years. Google it.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I blame the South for much of our troubles. Things would be so much better if - - -

We would of if your own ancestors wouldn't have brought the slaves over and sold them to us.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
You always hear about the North being to blame for freeing them, what about the South being blamed for bringing them over?

It sure was. It was not the Southern good ole boys, who got in their boats and sailed over to Africa in order to capture some wild natives, so they could get them some more cotton pickers. The New England shipping magnates were the ones responsible for bringing the slaves here.

But.....after the War Between the States, the North got to wrote the history books, and conveniently left that part out.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We've got kinfolk that live about 50 miles west of the big city in Minnesota and they tell us the curfews have not been ordered on them yet. What good curfews do is beyond me as nothing is being done to curb any of this stealing. It reminds me of that wench politician in Texas suggesting this is just another form of redistribution of wealth. I suppose these people doing the stealing feel the same way. If this goes far enough the whites are going to start killing the blacks wholesale.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't see any work boots going out the door?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

We would of if your own ancestors wouldn't have brought the slaves over and sold them to us.

Hahahaha!

Your didn't have to buy them!

20 years ago some indian offered me some meth.

I said no thanks.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Hahahaha!

Your didn't have to buy them!

20 years ago some indian offered me some meth.

I said no thanks.

LOL

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"The North won the Civil War,..."

Is the 'North' now enjoying the spoils of victory?

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't think either side, "won".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Lincoln got killed before he could deport them. He was writing about that as early as the early 1850s.

White people lost that war.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by milespatton
One of my Great Grandfathers fought with Forrest. He was raised in Nothern Tennessee. They were Netural until the Union Army confisticated their Horses. Horses were their livlihood, so they joined the South. There was a lot more to it than Slavery, but no-one wants to believe that. miles

Agree .
I'm no Civil War historian but anybody who believes tens of thousands of men fought and died to free blacks ? --> NO WAY - life was way too hard back then , no one is going to walk away from what little they had plus leave your family with no one to provide for them . The cause of the war - FEDERAL GOVERNMENT power hungry GOVERNMENT same problem today power hungry greedy FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
My take is that John Wilkes Booth managed to screw up the reconstruction exponentially. Lincoln would've managed a much less painful reconstruction. America has evolved through a lot of growing pains. The North was not particularly all in for the War as many in the South were not. Most fought for their home states where their loyalties lay.

The north had much more industrialization and was better financed than the South. The Southern plantation owners were an arrogant lot and managed to start a war they had no chance of winning. Most Northern Generals didn't believe the negro was the equal of the white which was ignorant. The entire war was fought from one stupid encounter to another. Tactics of the day were abysmal and many lost their lives to stupid decisions. That's war and we had many more replays after that. The South lost to attrition. Sherman was a bigot and an arrogant ass that was one half step away from the nut house. Before the war he was friends with Braxton Bragg and was the president of LSU. The only reason he entered the war is because he was incensed that the South had attacked Fort Sumpter. It took him till 1862 to find his feet and he almost got institutionalized for insanity before he managed to get hold of himself.

America lost much on account of the war that never should've been fought over a sin that never should've been committed. Our Constitution never sanctioned slavery. It was ratified by ignoring the elephant in the room that all knew would have to be eventually dealt with. Blacks did indeed suffer much during reconstruction as did the South as a hole. It took America until 1940 to admit that blacks were anywhere near the equal of whites and grudgingly so at that. The fate of black Americans has been corrupted by democrats and continues to be corrupted by them. Democrats founded the KKK and fathered just about every ill we suffer today.

We're loosing our culture. Our values are compromised. Our institutions are corrupted. Our government is corrupted and all by liberal leftists. Put the past behind and recognize that all those gallant, compromised generals that fought against one another in that great conflict were once classmates at West Point; another institution that has been corrupted by liberal think. They chose sides because of where their loyalties lay. Lee was from Virginia and fought for his home state. Although not perfect Lincoln was a great man and should be revered for his accomplishments against great odds. We should cherish all those monuments to the war from both sides. It's our heritage and without honoring our past we cannot expect to have a future devoid of mistakes made in that past.

Sure the North won but at what cost to the nation? It never should've been allowed to come to that. Lincoln tried everything he could think of to avoid the conflict but it was something that had to be to satisfy the ignorance and arrogance of those that couldn't let go of their prejudice. We're going through much of the same [bleep] today with a little different flavor to it. My view of it all is that stupidity is where you find it and knows no color or creed nor has any particular region to abide in. We're all just people and prone to sin.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I don't think either side, "won".
You are definitely correct!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rainshot
My take is that John Wilkes Booth managed to screw up the reconstruction exponentially. Lincoln would've managed a much less painful reconstruction. America has evolved through a lot of growing pains. The North was not particularly all in for the War as many in the South were not. Most fought for their home states where their loyalties lay.

The north had much more industrialization and was better financed than the South. The Southern plantation owners were an arrogant lot and managed to start a war they had no chance of winning. Most Northern Generals didn't believe the negro was the equal of the white which was ignorant. The entire war was fought from one stupid encounter to another. Tactics of the day were abysmal and many lost their lives to stupid decisions. That's war and we had many more replays after that. The South lost to attrition. Sherman was a bigot and an arrogant ass that was one half step away from the nut house. Before the war he was friends with Braxton Bragg and was the president of LSU. The only reason he entered the war is because he was incensed that the South had attacked Fort Sumpter. It took him till 1862 to find his feet and he almost got institutionalized for insanity before he managed to get hold of himself.

America lost much on account of the war that never should've been fought over a sin that never should've been committed. Our Constitution never sanctioned slavery. It was ratified by ignoring the elephant in the room that all knew would have to be eventually dealt with. Blacks did indeed suffer much during reconstruction as did the South as a hole. It took America until 1940 to admit that blacks were anywhere near the equal of whites and grudgingly so at that. The fate of black Americans has been corrupted by democrats and continues to be corrupted by them. Democrats founded the KKK and fathered just about every ill we suffer today.

We're loosing our culture. Our values are compromised. Our institutions are corrupted. Our government is corrupted and all by liberal leftists. Put the past behind and recognize that all those gallant, compromised generals that fought against one another in that great conflict were once classmates at West Point; another institution that has been corrupted by liberal think. They chose sides because of where their loyalties lay. Lee was from Virginia and fought for his home state. Although not perfect Lincoln was a great man and should be revered for his accomplishments against great odds. We should cherish all those monuments to the war from both sides. It's our heritage and without honoring our past we cannot expect to have a future devoid of mistakes made in that past.

Sure the North won but at what cost to the nation? It never should've been allowed to come to that. Lincoln tried everything he could think of to avoid the conflict but it was something that had to be to satisfy the ignorance and arrogance of those that couldn't let go of their prejudice. We're going through much of the same [bleep] today with a little different flavor to it. My view of it all is that stupidity is where you find it and knows no color or creed nor has any particular region to abide in. We're all just people and prone to sin.
Good post, Sir!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

It sure was. It was not the Southern good ole boys, who got in their boats and sailed over to Africa in order to capture some wild natives, so they could get them some more cotton pickers. The New England shipping magnates were the ones responsible for bringing the slaves here.

But.....after the War Between the States, the North got to wrote the history books, and conveniently left that part out.

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
They won the presidency too. With Biteme. And Zero. They and women and the MSM also got Slick in. Thank God the south kept them from getting Hillbiotch in. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/13/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Yep!

They also got the traitor Ulysses Grant in the presidency and he sold our Constitution For The United States out to the Rothschilds RC Church in the illegal Act of 1871 and now (illegally) we are the Corporation known as THE UNITED STATES and now we are under the Constitution Of (vs For) The United States and most cant figure out why they call us a democracy all tbe time while most unwoke conservatives think the US is still a Republic. We were a Republic until Grant got that undone.

Piglosi knows. Thats why they have the 12 sq miles of W, DC under their control and protected from the army with the National Guard, thinking that legally that land is owned by the Vatican.

She forgets, Fraud Vitiates All.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/13/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 57 invisible), 3,154 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.